Homosexuals

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by ryanlp2004, Jun 10, 2004.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

That is a very interesting concept, i never thought about that...... :hmm: [/b][/quote]
    Eh, when you're me you contemplate some strange ####.

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

Eh, when you're me you contemplate some strange ####. [/b][/quote]
    lol..... :rolleyes:

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I believe that the goverment, the church, and everyone else who condems gays are ignorant. Homosexuals are people, they are humans, just like you and me. Just because you dont agree with what they do sexually dosent give you the right to prevent them from having the legal rights of a married couple.

Put it this way, you may or may not agree with a straight couple who does weird sexual things, but does that mean you should prevent them from getting married or adopting children or having the right to visit their spouse in the hospital (by law, only immeadate family can visit the critically ill in the hospital) or prevent them from leaving property to their spouse when they die or prevent their spouse from benifiting from their insurance or any other legal right that a 'normal' couple would otherwise have?

Lets touch on the adopting issue. If you were given up for adoption at birth and you had no one at all, would you prefer to be raised by a gay couple with loving hearts, or would you prefer to stay in foster homes and state custody?

Now lets attack any arguments that may be brought up. Some people might say gay marrage will make marrage weaker, people wont take marrage seriously. If a 2 gays were married, would you start cheating on your wife/husband? Would you marry any man/woman that came your way and divorce them 48 hours later? Those arguments that the government and others use are pure ignorance.

I think people should use common sense, and rise from ignorance and put yourselves in other's shoes before you make judgments about other's belifs....

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

Not entirely sure you even wanted an answer to your question but heres mine, i would much rather be with gay parents then stay in a foster home.

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure thats true, but that was my point. If its two gay brothers or two sisters they can't have kids so isnt that as right as homosexuals getting married. I mean like some of you said you can't help who you fall in love with. ( once again I must say I do not think incest is right in anyway, I'm just saying isn't two brothers getting married the same as two non brothers)

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

umm not quite, because two non brothers arent related by blood, or related at all for that matter but i see where your going.

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

I don't agree with that.
    Brothers marrying sisters or whatever... is just wrong. There are plenty of other men and women in the world that these "sisters and brothers" can marry.

Brothers marrying sisters is totally different from two homosexuals getting married. Homosexuals getting married (probably) arn't related and they can't help the way they feel.. (being attracted to the same sex.)

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

I didnt say brothers marrying sisters. I said brothers getting married or sisters getting married as in 2 brothers or 2 sisters not a brother and a sister

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

Well, it's kind of like the same thing. These "sisters" (for example) have a choice. If they're both homosexual.. well then... there are plenty of other lesbians that the "sisters" can marry/feel attracted to.

hmartin84

hmartin84 Well-Known Member

That'd be a good point except for the matter of the fact that you can't decide whether or not you want to be gay. And you can't raise someone to be gay. You're born with it and it's a part of who you are.

I agree somewhat with what you said about more people being homosexual. I don't really know if it will be that there will be more people being homosexual but more people coming out. We've come a long ways from thinking homosexuality was a mental illness and we still have far to go. So, as time goes on it will become more socially acceptable, therefore people wont be afraid to come out.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

Can anyone here please give me the source of that info? I want to read it straight from the reference. Thank you.

LpAcolyte311

LpAcolyte311 Banned

Im apologizing about my post i forgot this was serious forum. I dont have anything against gay people. Some times i think im bisexual and its kinda scary but hey what can i do?

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Im apologizing about my post i forgot this was serious forum. I dont have anything against gay people. Some times i think im bisexual and its kinda scary but hey what can i do? [/b][/quote]
    Realize you'll never get a guy or a girl, and become asexual.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Realize you'll never get a guy or a girl, and become asexual. [/b][/quote]
    LMFAO.

BURNED! I'm thinking he needs treatment for third degree marks after that one! Oh man!

That's bullsh*t. Homosexuality ain't like a disease - it doesn't spread from one person to another. Being adopted by gay parents doesn't make you gay just as being adopted by black parents doesn't make you black. People are born like that and it's unlikely they can just change their sexuality whenever they wish. Also, I don't think the world will become gay by the majority because the heterosexual gene is predominant.