I need serious advice

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Stina, Jul 4, 2004.

Stina

Stina Well-Known Member

About a month ago my mom saw a scar from me cutting..and it was a scar from about..3 months ago. Well..when i first started i used to cut like..on my legs and my hips and stuff so no one would see it. And the scars have begun to fade..but i was in a bathing suit the other day and my mom saw a scar and thinks it is recent. I can't convince her at all that it is from a long time ago..can someone please tell me what to do? I don't know how to make her believe me because of how many scars she saw on my arms. And if i don't get her to believe me..she'll take away my friends..all of my privledges...AND my music. Does anyone know how i could get her to believe me that they aren't recent? Because..they truely aren't. :(

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Get her to take you to the doctor and he'll probably know how to date them. I don't cut or anything but it sounded like a good idea when I thought about it.

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

ok um er, I think this is a subcontious (spelling?) cry for help, even if it wasnt intended. I remember having sort of the same problem when I was young ( I use to not feel really hungry and wouldnt eat , turned out I suffered from depression, and I had no clue that I was depressed ) I hope it doesnt get that bad between you and your mom

Stina

Stina Well-Known Member

I am depressed..and i was on medicine for it..but i stopped taking it because it was giving me more suicidal thoughts then what i had sometimes. I haven't cut since one of my best friends died a couple of months ago...but my mom doesn't believe me at all. I mean..i don't really want to go to the doctor cause he pretty much criticized me the entire time when i went for my anti-depression medicine. I just..am so confused and i'm getting more upset about this. I do not want her to take my music away. She refuses to take me to the doctor again anyways.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Parents can be pretty paranoid sometimes. Trust me. I speak from experience here. When I go out, it's not uncommon for me to get half a dozen "check-in" calls from home...leading me to turning my cell off, then getting b*tched out for it when I get home... Anyways, talk to your mom, and explain the whole thing. If she won't listen, hold your ground and stay adamant...don't change your story one bit, and as long as you tell the complete truth, she'll eventually turn around... If you need any more advice (however much it may suck...this IS me after all), you can probably get me either thru PM or my email ( [email protected] Remove the NOSPAM of course)...
    :hugz:

Stina

Stina Well-Known Member

Parents can be pretty paranoid sometimes. Trust me. I speak from experience here. When I go out, it's not uncommon for me to get half a dozen "check-in" calls from home...leading me to turning my cell off, then getting b*tched out for it when I get home... Anyways, talk to your mom, and explain the whole thing. If she won't listen, hold your ground and stay adamant...don't change your story one bit, and as long as you tell the complete truth, she'll eventually turn around... If you need any more advice (however much it may suck...this IS me after all), you can probably get me either thru PM or my email ( [email protected] Remove the NOSPAM of course)...
    :hugz: [/b][/quote]
    Thanks. I am like..way too self-concious to stand my ground..but i did and finally she believed me. Thanks a bunch! :wub:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes, have a serious talk with them and tell them that the scars are old and that you won't cut again.....and keep your word about that. :)

Canadian Joe

Thanks. I am like..way too self-concious to stand my ground..but i did and finally she believed me. Thanks a bunch! :wub: [/b][/quote]
    No problem! :hugz:

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

she's punishing you for cutting?

thats sick, my parents do that. my dad nearly hit me because i do.

if you wanna talk, send us a pm, or my email is dark_demoness[at]herzeleid[dot]net

i think you know what to put where the at and dot is ;)

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

she's punishing you for cutting?

thats sick, my parents do that. my dad nearly hit me because i do.

if you wanna talk, send us a pm, or my email is dark_demoness[at]herzeleid[dot]net

i think you know what to put where the at and dot is ;) [/b][/quote]
    This is exactly my point. Why isn't she helping you? Does she not know why you're doing this? Can't she see that if she takes away your privileges you'll do this even more?

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

my parents tried to do that. my mu threatend to hit me :rolleyes:

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Hey I'm glad your mom believes you now and I hope and pray she will become more understanding and seek help for you rather then punishing you

Stina

Stina Well-Known Member

Hey..thanks for caring you guys...yes, she does believe me but ask Derek..we just had a HUGE fight..and it got 80387 times worse when he left. Bleh..i just don't know what to do with myself anymore. She tells me i need to stop wearing black make-up..black nail polish...my bracelets..i need to get new clothes. She's trying to change who i am..and i don't know how to handle this. *sigh* but yeah..thank you for being here for me you guys.

:(

Canadian Joe

Stina, I know how you feel. I'm gearing up for a career as a commercial pilot, and my mom is trying to tell me "look at those engineers, look how much they make! A hundred thousand dollars a year!"...she's trying to change my dreams. Well, ha, I'm looking to make anywhere from $100,000-$600,000 per year, so there goes her theory. Anyways, I know what you mean when you say they're trying to change who you are. My mom also tries to push medication on me every chance she gets - - she's even told me right to my face "Joe, you have to face the facts, you have problems...you know, in your head...and I'm getting you treated for them...I'll make an appointment with the doctor soon"....... My response is usually a well-aimed "Screw off...", but even that doesn't shake her obsession. She needs to learn that I'm not letting some pill control my life....... So in a way, I'm in the same boat you are...with that said, PM me if ya wanna talk...

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Don't worry, I do that too. ^_^

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

Don't worry, I do that too. ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    ah.. parents... theyre all the same.. <_<

Canadian Joe

ah.. parents... theyre all the same.. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I've gotta agree with that one. Parents never understand what their kids want to do...they think that everything other than what they think is good, is bad...

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i dont know what to do, people tell me to tell my mom to #### off in situations like this, but you can't do that to my mom. and i dont know what a doctor would do about dating a scar. if she doesnt believe you, i guess there isnt that much that you can do other than tell her that you are not cutting now and you are sorry that she doesnt believe you but that is the way it is, and if she doesn't like it then sux to be her.