Reanimation Desicion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Luke, Jun 23, 2004.

?

Is reanimation a mistake by linkin park

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I say no,reanimation streches out to so many musical communitys which makes it impossible to b a mistake

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

at first i would say no. when i listen to the forgotton remix and the high voltage remix

then you listen to in the end remix and some of the rapper that were featured.

if they had done it better it would no have been a mistake but i think it was a little bit of a waste of time...i dont know.... :mellow:

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

It was bad for me , but there was only about 3 songs in the album that I really like . I didn't really like the idea of changing the whole lyrics around .

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i would have to say no

the thing with reanimation is that (well i find) you have to be in a certain mood to listen to it and enjoy it and without skipping tracks lol

however for me iam in that mood most of the time, which is a good thing because this album deals with most types of music, which is what LP do best IMO

i wasnt too sure when the hype before the album was released wheather i would enjoy it or not - but now its in my cd player quite a bit

plus i think it was daring to release a remix album, when they were seen as 'the new kids on the block' especially when their original album had done so well

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

I say no, there is only 2 songs on that album i dont like

08.X-Ecutioner Style
    09.H! Vltg3.

so it was worth the buy

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

I don't think Reanimation was a mistake. When I first got the album, I didn't really like it. But now, I think it is a very good CD. It's good to have a bit of change and versatility.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Well im 50/50.

Its a mistake because they released it after they did their first album (HTEP doesnt count since its out of print). They should of waited after Meteora. That way they would have a bigger variety of songs to remix.

But it's not a mistake because most songs on there were pretty good. I just dont like X-Ecutioner Style and H! Vltg3.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

high Voltage now sounds like a J. Lo thing. :angry:

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

Yes, i think reanimation was a big mistake for LP. i liked only two songs from this album.i think LP is better to sing rock songs.

albi

albi Banned

no i like reanimation

Toast

Toast Ambient

i love reanimation, you have to be a true hardcore fan to truly completetly appreciate everything LP does even though im not a big fan of H! Vltg3 i still appreciate what LP did to make Reaniomation

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

It was a mistake to include some of the guest rappers in some of the songs but it was a good idea to buy time to make the next record. The album wasn't a mistake but some parts in it were stupid.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Well I liked Reanimation and I think it was the best remix material Linkin Park could do with other artists at that time because at that time all those bands were on tour and had to send in their recorded vocal or beat, etc to Linkin Park so Linkin Park didn't really have that good of control over what the new rap verse or beat was gonna turn out to be. It was different and when Linkin Park does something different it is good.

Luke

well heres why i say reanimation is excellent (i've said this b4):

reanimation might be slightly different to what linkin park generally produce but you have to understand that linkin park are streching out to all peoples music tastes for instance they got CHALI 2NA to help turn the song 'Forgotten' into a completly new song streching out to the hip hop culture (in the end,papercut,by myself and runaway are also examples of this),My december streches out to the more pop culture,Place for my head steches out to the fusion of Trance and heavy rock culture,With you and one step closer to the heavy rock culture and so on.
    Thats excactly why linkin park has so many fans.Look at the lyrics of the song step up (not on reanimation)about being excepted into hip hop,these are the things that all the rap artists were saying to linkin park in their early hip hop stages,they wern't excepted into the hip hop side of things until mike started rapping in songs a bit more to stronger beats.That was when x-ecutioners took interest in them and then the hip hop community joined them.
    So look at the facts b4 u diss this album

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

well said - reanimation was a fun album for the band.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

Hey! I like that song! :angry: :p

Reanimation is a waaaay cool album, I could never call it a mistake. Thou I'm not really a fan of remixes, I'm glued to some of the songs like Krwling, H! Vltg3 and P5hng Me A*wy.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I really liked Reanimation. I like all the songs on it in general although certain ones have aspects I don't like. Like Frgt/10 and Enth e Nd are really good remixes, but I think they cut Chester out of those songs too much, and there was no guitar in them at all. Plc.4 Mie HÆd is excellent, but I'm not a huge fan of the beat they gave it, sounds almost like a dance beat depending on how you listen to it. H! Vltg3, Pharoahe Monch did a good job as a guest, but the music doesnt fit the song, especially that really annoying piano going *bling bling* the whole damn time. But as a whole, I like the diveersity and fullness of the album, sometimes more than Hybrid Theory even.

Luke

Yeah I'd agree with that,Reanimation was mainly Mike and Joe directing the album but all of the band members were a part of it so its all cool B)

linkinparkbby101

linkinparkbby101 Well-Known Member

it was ok somethings i liked. somethings i didnt. :unsure:

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Its good for a band to experiment and try to get new fans.

But I know alot of people who loved 'linkin park' and 'hybrid theory' since the day they first heard them. And because of 'reanimation' and remixs like 'in the end' everyone of these people just turned their backs on them completely and have only just started to like them again.

As for me I never stopped liking LP and never will :p .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.