Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

1. TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

I'm a frequent cutter as well. Everytime I do so though, a thought from a friend lingers in my mind. You can never tell exactly where an artery is until it's punctured. And then it's too late...

If you ever feel the need to cut, I'm always here for you. To listen, to talk. I've been in the same moccasins. :p [/b][/quote]
    thanks hun

@rememberingnever: www.ruinyourlife.com

2. Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I Say I Say I Say
    by Simon Armitage

Anyone here had a go at themselves
    for a laugh? Anyone opened their wrists
    with a blad in the bath?This in the dark
    at the back, listen hard. Those at the front
    in the know, those of us who have, hadns up,
    let's show that inch of lacerated skin
    between the forearm and the fist. Let;s tell it
    like it is: strong drink, a crimson tidemark
    round the tub, a yard of lint, white towels
    washed a dozen times, still pink. Tough luck.
    A passion then for watches, bangles, cuffs.
    A likely story: you were lashed by brambles
    pinking berries from the woods. Come clean, come good,
    repeat with me the punch line 'Just like blood'
    when those at the back rush forward to say
    how a little love goes a long long long way.

I just wished to share that poem to everyone. About suicide.

3. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

thats so smart. and it makes sense. seems really easy. but the thing with cutting is, its addictive. if youre not strong enough, you cant stop. i tried to stop many times but its so hard. its kind of like drugs. first few cuts make you feel better, and then you need to do it just to keep you going.

4. RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

thats so smart. and it makes sense. seems really easy. but the thing with cutting is, its addictive. if youre not strong enough, you cant stop. i tried to stop many times but its so hard. its kind of like drugs. first few cuts make you feel better, and then you need to do it just to keep you going. [/b][/quote]
    Ok.. I know a lot of you say it's like a drug.. but drugs don't hurt you.. they make you feel good. Cutting.. doesn't it hurt you? How can something that hurts feel good... or is it the pain you like?

(And ok let me say: I know that drugs will eventually "hurt" you.. but I don't mean it like that.. I mean how it "feels" when you do so... get what I'm saying?)

5. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Ok.. I know a lot of you say it's like a drug.. but drugs don't hurt you.. they make you feel good. Cutting.. doesn't it hurt you? How can something that hurts feel good... or is it the pain you like?

(And ok let me say: I know that drugs will eventually "hurt" you.. but I don't mean it like that.. I mean how it "feels" when you do so... get what I'm saying?) [/b][/quote]
    call me crazy but I'd say sticking a big ass needle in my arm would hurt.

6. RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

Not all people shoot up to take drugs.

And your missing my point about the cutting issue.

What I'm saying is does not cutting hurt? And how can something that hurts make you feel good?

7. Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

I've pondered this question many times in the past.

I'll try to explain to you the way I was told.

Y'know how when you hurt yourself? By accident of course, you scratch your knee, fall down... there's a release. Like a rush, and it's sort of a good feeling? Your body releases a chemical... for the life of me I cannot remember the name. It's your body's way of protection, if I'm not mistaken. This rush, it makes you feel good. But for only for a temporary amount of time I must add.

You are right in some ways, it is like abusing yourself with anything else like drugs and alcohol. There's the rush, and the satisfaction. Does it hurt? Like hell. But the realization that will soon be over is good enough to tie some people over.

It really is horrible, looking at it from another's perspective. And yet again in another person's eyes the idea is so... destructive and seemingly pointless.

It's a struggle, that's for sure. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to keep myself from the habit. =(

8. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

That chemical would be either dopamine/endorphines or adrenaline/epinepharine (sp?). Both are a system designed to minimize pain and maximize response, and both will give you a certain rush. Cutting releases both of these, and I'm guessing that's why people do it - - to experience a relief from a dull, depressed state. However............sooner or later, it may as well just cost you your life. To all the people out here who cut themselves, stop! It may be hard to stop, but for your own sake, you're going to have to quit it sooner or later...you can't keep doing it forever and expect not to end up severely injured or dead. If anyone wants to talk about anything/needs support to stop cutting/suicide/anything else, then by all means, drop me a PM, and I'll be happy to be of assistance...
    -JTP

9. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

smartass :lol:
    of course cutting hurts. habit or not, its still harming yourself. the thing is, it helps with the way you see the blood flowing, its like releasing your inner pain on the outside.

10. dementdmonkey

dementdmonkey Active Member

yeah. people think if they cut themselves, they think that releases their pain. they know the cut will eventually heal and their pain along with it.

11. Cassie

You're along the right track.

But the pain won't necessarily heal with cut.

12. Goofy

Goofy Well-Known Member

i tried to commit suicide a few times when my life really sucked. luckily for me they didnt work and im glad i didnt die because my life right now is great and i would never do it again. one of my friends tried to do it to and she was also cutting but she's stopped now thank god.

13. [Brkng Th H@bt]

[Brkng Th H@bt] Active Member

I know how it feels to be suicidal, trust me. I am suicidal, but I always look away from that. First thing is, don't kill yourself.

Okay, there are many horrible things in life that can really offend you and turn you into a low person. You can't let things do that. It shows that you're weak. And killing yourself will only show that you're even weaker. According to another response, life is horrible during teenage years, and that person is right.

Cutting yourself or hurting yourself in any way won't help you either. You're tired of pain and you try to give yourself more of it? It makes absolutely no sense!

Let's make this clear. Don't kill yourself. You have so much of your life to live. Don't throw it away. More people care for you than you think. The whole LP Association cares for you. You're family and friends care for you. It'd be a pity to grieve all of those people to just get rid of your grief. It's not worth it.

Be optimistic. Look forward to the good things in life. You'll start to notice that things will look better for you. You even have a girlfriend who cares for you and loves you. Be happy about that, and be thankful for what you have. You'll realize that you have much more to live for.

And in a response, it says that suicide of one person might tempt a peer to do the same. If you do kill yourself, you could end up having a close friend, such as your girlfriend, kill themselves too. It's not worth it, man.

If you need some help, or if you just wanna talk. Talk to me, or talk to anyone else on the message board.

[Brkng Th H@bt]

14. Goofy

Goofy Well-Known Member

thanks but im not suicidal anymore.

15. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

im glad youre better now. :hugz:

16. Goofy

Goofy Well-Known Member

im glad youre better now. :hugz: [/b][/quote]
    thanks and im glad im better too. ^_^ .

17. linkinparkbby101

linkinparkbby101 Well-Known Member

cutting yourself taking pills. it all kinda feels like your ending the pain. i use to cut myself and i did pills one time and ended up in the hospital. life may seem like it sucks at times but theres always something around the corner to look for. jus keep your chin high and push threw this. life isnt that bad if you jus get out and discover new things. ^_^

18. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Forgive me if I sound like a moron as I haven't read this entire thread, but I never did understand the concept of cutting. Usually, people cut to feel better about something. But everyone knows that cutting yourself with a knife hurts....hurting yourself to take away pain just doesn't make sense.

19. Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

It's cutting to give yourself a tangible, physical pain, that replaces psychological or mental pain. They look at the cut and say "oh, that's why I hurt, not this, that or the other." I think it's a really shitty cop-out for dealing with your problems, but hey, it works for them.

20. Cassie

It's cutting to give yourself a tangible, physical pain, that replaces psychological or mental pain. They look at the cut and say "oh, that's why I hurt, not this, that or the other." I think it's a really shitty cop-out for dealing with your problems, but hey, it works for them. [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately. *sighs*