Dead Poetic

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Jul 15, 2004.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I noticed Cameron's signature, so that makes two fans of Dead Poetic. So I thought I'd make this thread.

I found out about Dead Poetic through the Papa Roach player and downloaded their album "New Medicines" just over a week ago. It's a great cd, and I highly recommend it. Standout tracks are; "New Medicines" (first single), "Hostages", "Taste The Red Hands", "Dreamclub Murders", "Vanus Empty", "A Hoax To Live For", "Bury The Difference", "Molotov", "Modern Morbid Prophecies", "Dimmer Light", and "Glass In The Trees". In other words, the whole cd is incredible.

http://www.deadpoetic.com
    http://www.bandbuilder.com/paparoach

Any other fans?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

New Medicines is one of the best albums of the year. I downloaded it months ago.

BroknSolace

BroknSolace Well-Known Member

Dead Poetic kicks ass! i thank Missy for giving me the heads up on that band because they made it up on my favorites list fast!

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I'm guilty, I too have downloaded the album. I haven't yet seen the video for "New Medinces". Great band, maybe i'll buy their next album release.

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

I love Dead Poetic and I really like their song "New Medicines".

I was going to buy their album at FYE but the store guy said they didn't have it in stock and that I can probably find it in a Christian Book Store -so I bought Underoath's new album instead.

WTF - Is Dead Poetic a Christian Rock band? I didn't know they were.

It sucks that they don't sell their album around where I live. I guess if I really want it I'll have to order it someday.

Will

Yes.

BroknSolace

Dead Poetic is indeed a christian band

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

I only have their first CD. I don't have the money nor the heart to buy the new one, maybe burn it. oh, yeah, The corporate enthusiast and august winterman = double ownage

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Hey, if you like Dead Poetic, then buy the album. Don't be such a lazy arse and burn it. Bands like Dead Poetic don't make as much as you think.

Will

I plan on buying it when I have money. ;)

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I cant find it anywhere :(

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Concerts are probably the best way to get the CD, or through online stores and the such.

EDIT: But yeah, artists on ultimately unknown labels like Dead Poetic are usually making about a thousand bucks a month. They'd be better off flipping burgers.

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

I downloaded a couple of tracks from their PureVolume site, and theyre really good. Maybe looking into the album doesn't seem such a bad idea

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand that they don't get that much money. But tooth and nail records and solid state are not really that unknown. But you do have a point, the money income is thin

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

On Friday when I'm in the mall to see 'I, Robot', I'm asking HMV to order it in for me.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah they're pretty good, but imo nothing phenomenal. Seems like all the good bands are Christian bands these days.

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

haha I came to the LPA forums and instantly my eyes zoomed in on the words "Dead Poetic" and so I came here. Great band. I have both of their CDs.

My recommended songs: "August Winterman", "Corporate Enthusiast", "Tell Myself Goodbye", "Bliss Tearing Eyes", "Transparent" (off of the E.P., my favorite song of theirs), and the entire New Medicines album.

I haven't seen them live but I did manage to find one video of them performing "Taste the Red Hands". I think they did a great performance and the vocalist, Brandon, really seemed to get into the song which made it even better.

BroknSolace

i think i might have to go get thier first CD to see if it is good as well. Hmm, the people going to see Papa Roach are lucky

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

The first CD is a lot different from the second. It's more repetitive lyrically but I think it's still a good album. Even if you don't like it, it's really awesome to see how much they've changed and how they've progressed over just one album.

And what do you mean they're lucky? You're supposed to be going! And you're supposed to take pictures for me!

BroknSolace

hehehe.. i know, i was just joking. i am interested in their first cd though, because im only familiar with thier later material. it kinda sucks coming in on a band later on, cause you miss thier begginings. The same thing happened to me with Chevelle.
    I really hope i can go to the show, because Dead Poetic kicks ass