The Anti-Bible

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

A lot of the times, though, people begin to take the debate way too serious.

If anyone remembers, we had to ban one member because he just went completely insane on people for not believing what he did... :chemist:. [/b][/quote]
    "don't insult the Catholics" dude?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The only time we've ever banned someone was because they completely flipped out on EVERYONE because we didn't believe what he did, and he started flaming everyone and it was so ridiculous and out of hand that we had to ban the person.

Other than that, no one has ever been warned or banned.

BroknSolace

BroknSolace Well-Known Member

ehh my mistake. I just meant that it tends to get really heated

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You know, there is absolutely no point in debating whether god is real or not because either parties will continue defending their beliefs no matter what and it will never end. It's very pointless and only leads to bad things, in my opinion.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I guess you're right Mark, from now on I'll stay out of religious threads...or keep away from a debate in them, at least. I'm the one who started it in this thread. And I'm sorry Will, I should have never called you ignorant, but the oppurtunity was too good to pass up :p ;)

Will

:rolleyes:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Final words from me, though.

Link04, you can believe in whatever you want. What I meant by that is that sometimes we as who we are want to express ourselves in which we don't believe what you do, and there's nothing wrong with debate, but sometimes, like anyone, we'd like to have our own word and not have people say "that's stupid" or "that's wrong" and make us feel so degraded the way you feel when we say "God's not real," or whatever it may be.

I have no problem with you believing what you do, hell, I hear the things you say every day of my life and I'm surrounded by religious people, but sometimes as much as the freedom you feel you should be able to express your religious belief, you need to understand us athiest and satanist need the same amounts of freedom.

It's okay to debate, but not in every thread that goes against what you believe in. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and not bother with it even if it gets onto your last nerves.

I'm saying this because this thread was specifically made to show off something that stated information about the bible's possible flaws, and though that can call for debate, it's really not needed, just point out your observations and let it be that unless it is absolutely necessary to defend yourself, in which this case, I believe Will just said he thought science wins as you stated what you thought.

I think from now on, when discussing religion, let's not step boundries and not start anything. We can compromise much easier without it getting dirty.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

[rant]
    I SO DAMN AGREE MAN.

I presented this to total of 4 Christians so far, and the reaction is all the same. (all got pissed and vehemently tried to defend their religion)

I'd like to see my pastor's reaction too, when i show him this.

And Casey, thank you SO much. i go to a Chrisitian school so every week i sit cramped in a small space for two hours listening to ####, and this guy said once when preaching that "brokenness is good because it allows you to come to god." Who wants to be depressed all the time anyway?

My teacher told us bout this girl, when she was scolding her,her eyes had a glazed look, which means she wasn't listening, and that's what happens to me when i talk to god. my parents are christian and i am forced to listen to a lot of crap on sunday. I really tried to believe, i have gone to church since i was a little kid but i just cannot see why, whenever i am in the lowest pits and deepest ####, I never get consoled. I never get ANY comfort, I've never seen God in my dreams, in ANYWHERE for that matter. He doesn't listen. And gays and lesbians are STILL HUMAN, So Why is the Creator SUCH a HOMOPHOBE, and if he IS a homophobe, why did he even create them in the first place?

[/rant]

[edit]
    :Will, after seeing your posts I'd just like to say I appreciate your presence in this topic :chemist:

Especially on page 4 :chemist:

Will

The reason why I use the same argument in every debate about this is because it, in my eyes, is the argument that holds the most truth. I mean, if you really stop to think about it, it makes the most sense.

Since there are no other gods beside God, none lesser and none higher, why did he let the Greeks and Romans believe in the gods and goddesses that they believed in? Surely God isn't a hypocrit. He is perfect, and no one who is perfect has a flaw such as that of being hypocritical.

The Greeks and the Romans created their gods and goddesses to explain things that happened in the world around them because they needed explanations for things they could not otherwise explain. They all knew they were not real, but they continued to worship them because that is why they created them. They created them to explain, and to worship because of what their made-up gods and goddesses supposedly did.

The same holds true with Christians and their God. He was created to explain things that happened. However, instead of using multiple gods and goddesses like the Greeks and Romans, they used one divine creator of everything, either to make things easier, or because they were not clever enough to come up with the ideas that the Greeks and Romans did.

Has anyone else even bothered to realize that Christianity is just like Greek and Roman mythology? It is. Anyone who does not see that obviously needs to go back to school. Now, I have no idea why Christianity is more powerful than Greek and Roman mythology, and I do not think that anyone ever will know why. But the fact remains: Christianity is just like mythology in the sense that it is all made up and it is all myths.

I used to go to church, I did. But none of it ever made any sense to me, even as a child. In Sunday school, when we were taught that God created the entire world in six days and rested on the seventh, I laughed. I was nine or so, and my teacher asked me why I laughed. I told her it was because no one could create something like the world in six days. Needless to say, she was mad at me for challenging the Bible, but I have been doing it ever since.

Another argument I bring up that was also brought up on that Anti-Bible site: Why does the Bible contradict itself so many times? You cannot tell me that it is only what I believe that leads me to know that the Bible contradicts itself. As pointed out on that site, the Bible contradicts itself in Genesis by first saying that everything came from water, but then saying that everything came from dry ground. Which is it? Apparently, even the Bible does not know. Surely someone as perfect as the Lord would not have made that mistake.

The Bible also contradicts itself when it says that Jesus loves everyone. If that is the case, then why does the Church hate homosexual people? Does Jesus love everyone but homosexual people? No, that would not make any sense, seeing as how he loves everyone. But such is the case, because being homosexual is against the Bible and it is wrong. Oops.

Another thing pointed out on that site is how Paul tells us to ignore Jewish fables in Titus 1:14. Like the author said, wouldn't that mean that Paul is telling us to ignore most of the Old Testament, if not all of Genesis? Genesis tells how God created the Earth, and he wants us to ignore that? Surely someone as perfect as God could not let such a mistake happen, but He did. Yet another point where the Bible contradicts itself.

This brings me back to the mythology: If there are no other gods beside God himself, why would he let the Greeks and Romans believe in their gods and goddesses? Does that not make Him a hypocrit? Also, the Romans and the Greeks were in a completely different area from the origins of Christianity. The Middle East, while not that far from Greece, is where Christianity got its start. So, does that mean that God favors the Middle East over Southern Europe? Tsk, tsk. I thought He loved everyone?

The Bible was not written by God, nor was it written by anyone who "saw" God or was "inspired by" God. It was written by people who needed explanations for things around them, just like Greek and Roman mythology. I could go on like the person in that article, but my strongest argument is the Greek/Roman mythology argument. It is the exact same principal, yet religious folk seem to overlook that.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

I take what i said back. :chemist:

You are simply....... amazing. :chemist: :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

*sigh* Gotcha.

No rebuttle for you this time, Will. Just post what you think is correct.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

How ridiciously true is that? Notice how most holidays are based around the Christian faith. We don't get days off for Hanunka (sp?) or Ramadam (sp?) but two weeks are dedicated to the birth of Jesus (and New Years Eve/Day). I'm just pointing out something, I'm probably wrong in a way, but there's my 2 cents :whistle:

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Okay, this isn't about the Anti-Bible really but I want to know something...

How come the birth of Jesus is celebrated in the winter when everything that is described to have happened is what happened in the summer? :huh:

I don't get it. :mellow:

Even the Vicar at a church I used to go to said how they got it wrong. But seriously, if Jesus was some great person who could save the world, etc. Then how come no one even knew when he was born? Pretty dumb, huh? :mellow:

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

well one thing is the the place were they were(palistine) had a differnt climate in the area of bethleham.

everything after this is my opinion and stuff.

I dont celabrate Jesus' birth. I celebrate his death and sacrifice for our sins. his birth is just his entrence into this world.

Another thing about the Anti-Bible, he says that God loves all but sentences them to Hell and is therfore a hypocrite. God is like you're parents, He'll give you rules and then if you disobey them He'll punish you. He wants ALL people to go to heavean but He gives us free choice to do His will or not.

hope that makes sense.

Agian not trying to convert anybody just adding my 20 cents hehhe :whistle:

Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

I was told about this site and referred to this topic by a friend. Although i'm posting here first, this doesn't mean that this is the only reason I'm here and i'm not gonna post anywhere else. I'm also gonna treat everyone the same outside this topic, that being said, let's get on with the show
    Simple answer, who were the only two people who knew that Jesus was special when he was born? His parents. Anyone ever ask about his birthdate? No. Just think about it, you've just met the king of eternity, at that moment, would you really care how old he is? Also, God wants us to celebrate his son's death, not his birth. And we know exactly when he died, on the pentecost (jewish holiday). And whether you believe Jesus is the Christ or not, historical documents prove that Jesus lived, although they don't say anything about the things he did.

I'm a Christian (in case you haven't already figured that out, lol) and if you're a Christian of my faith, you know that it's not his birthday. Jesus was born in the time during taxes, which is in summer. Christmas was started by Catholics, who are very different to Christians. Also, the Christians that do celebrate Christmas as Jesus' birthday, are under a different faith than myself, just going by the same name.

Referring to Will's comments (too long to quote, lol) God is different from Greek Mythology because God gave us signs that he existed. Of course, this is only valid if you believe the bible, which can be proven, but God performed miracles, himself and through other people. As for your gay people contradiction, the bible says they are condemned to hell, and if it stopped their, you'd have a perfectly valid argument and I'd be an atheist, but God wants all to go to Heaven. However, he wants us to follow him with free wills, so those that choose not to follow him, go to hell. He would only just love for us to follow him, but some choose not to, and God is grieved, but he doesn't control us for he's given us free wills. He's sad, but has chosen to give us free wills, and is going to stick by that, hoping that someone would lead the lost soul back to him. And as for the last paragraph, it'll take a long discussion to reach a conclusion, but I'm all for it.

Mark

And I quote myself again.

DOES NOBODY NOTICE THAT THIS WILL NEVER END? NO SIDE WINS. You're going to just keep going until the sun blows up or one of you become tired of arguing in circles and quit.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

And I quote myself again.

DOES NOBODY NOTICE THAT THIS WILL NEVER END? NO SIDE WINS. You're going to just keep going until the sun blows up or one of you become tired of arguing in circles and quit. [/b][/quote]
    We could argue in circles about wether or not we will argue in circles on the subject of religion.

Mark

We could argue in circles about wether or not we will argue in circles on the subject of religion. [/b][/quote]
    Sounds like a plan. :lol:

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

:lol: You sound so angry, but I have to agree. Absolutely an endless argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.