The Anti-Bible

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Here's a rhetorical question for you. Have you ever seen the wind?

2. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, I've seen my own farts.

Why don't you put a match to yours and see what happens.

3. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Methane and wind are two completely different things, Casey.

4. $pvcxGhxztCasey

YOU LIE.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay this is my view on the debate, granted it's a little late but its better then nothing. In my eyes, I do believe in the "big bang" theory and the fact that everything in the world evolved from science. Like Will, I cannot see the technicality of a 'higher being' forming such a complex system of planets and solar systems in a period of only six days. To do such a thing would have to mean that Jesus literally worked at the speed of light, and not to shoot down anyone's beliefs, special or not, that's a little much for one 'big guy from above' to do in six days.

However, this is where my views are slightly different then everything else posted in this thread. While I don't fully support the idea of a 'divine being' I do however, believe that Jesus did exist at one time or another. I believe that he was a very peaceful man who spread ideas of equality among others and spreading love to one another.

Since the people of his homeland were going through a vast oppression at that time, I believe Jesus's concepts led them to believe that he truly WAS their 'messiah' and because of that they chose to follow him and spread his words of wisdom around the world. Hence, the birth of christianity. While some parts of the bible have been greately exaggerated (most likely by people who werent the original followers of jesus), I do believe that it WAS inspired by a real man who wanted peace in the world, despite many of the stories sounding almost impossible to believe.

Deny everything I said if you want, but I do honestly believe that Jesus Christ was a real man, just maybe not with all those extrordinary powers the bible wants you to believe.

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

pfft, and you ignore the best part of this debate, Derek.

7. Derek

I have seen farts as well, Casey. They give a nice stream of flame when my dad puts a lighter to his ass and lights one up. Now that in my opinion, shows that you can see air...even if it might smell like sh*t and clear an entire room.

8. $pvcxGhxztCasey

YES. That's the new debate.

9. Derek

"Farts: Visible Or Invisible?"

10. Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

I asked that same question when I went through a time in my life where I started questioning my beliefs. I was told two similar things:

1) If you go along the "big bang" theory, there could not have been any sort of measure of time back then. So, a "day" back when the "big bang" happened and all these rocks were being formed and whatnot could've been completely different than what it is now.

And 2) If you go by Christianity, God lives forever so a "day" in the life of God could be a lifetime for a man or more.

So, yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is, either way the planets and solar systems could've technically been created in six "days".

11. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

But doesn't the idea of some invisible man creating the entire universe seem a little absurd? I think so, besides, there are so many imperfections in nature that make you wonder "If god did create this, why does _____ happen." You can believe that god created everything if you want, but you have to wonder why he wouldn't make everything perfect and why he created diseases. When you make something or do a paper for schoo, you make it perfect, u doent tyep up ur papr liek dis on purpose....so why would god do that? And don't forget that there's not one shred of evidence to prove the creation theory.

Also, here's a few things:

1. It's been proven that at the beginning of time, the atmosphere was poisonous gas with very little or no oxygen and human life could not survive. According to the creation theory, Adam and Eve would have had to have been some invincible superhero to survive....they weren't.

2. Its also pretty much been proven that dinosaurs existed before humans......makes sense. Had they been around at the same time, humans would be extinct from the dinosaurs attacking. A T-Rex is hands down the most dangerous animal of all time, maybe except for a shark, but we dont live in water. With all the T-Rexes as well as other dangerous dinos living, humans would have been killed off. According to creationism, the dinos would have had to been created, lived and gone extinct within a day or two before adam and eve were created. Again, impossible. I dont know how long the dinosaurs ruled the earth but it was longer than a week.

3. According to the bible, god talked to adam and eve, they talked to him back and they held a conversation. But language, spoken language at least, didn't come about until long after prehistoric times where the human race was just starting. So, if creationism is correct, Adam and Eve were really smart, their kids and there kid's kids were complete dumbshits. Do you really want to believe that all their offspring were dumbshits until thousands of years down the road, someone started talking again?

12. Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

I LOVE GEORGE CARLIN'S RANT ABOUT RELIGION! THAT ONE!1 (w00t)

13. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

But doesn't the idea of some invisible man creating the entire universe seem a little absurd? I think so, besides, there are so many imperfections in nature that make you wonder "If god did create this, why does _____ happen." You can believe that god created everything if you want, but you have to wonder why he wouldn't make everything perfect and why he created diseases. When you make something or do a paper for schoo, you make it perfect, u doent tyep up ur papr liek dis on purpose....so why would god do that? And don't forget that there's not one shred of evidence to prove the creation theory.

1. It's been proven that at the beginning of time, the atmosphere was poisonous gas with very little or no oxygen and human life could not survive. According to the creation theory, Adam and Eve would have had to have been some invincible superhero to survive....they weren't.

2. Its also pretty much been proven that dinosaurs existed before humans......makes sense. Had they been around at the same time, humans would be extinct from the dinosaurs attacking. A T-Rex is hands down the most dangerous animal of all time, maybe except for a shark, but we dont live in water. With all the T-Rexes as well as other dangerous dinos living, humans would have been killed off. According to creationism, the dinos would have had to been created, lived and gone extinct within a day or two before adam and eve were created. Again, impossible. I dont know how long the dinosaurs ruled the earth but it was longer than a week.

3. According to the bible, god talked to adam and eve, they talked to him back and they held a conversation. But language, spoken language at least, didn't come about until long after prehistoric times where the human race was just starting. So, if creationism is correct, Adam and Eve were really smart, their kids and there kid's kids were complete dumbshits. Do you really want to believe that all their offspring were dumbshits until thousands of years down the road, someone started talking again? [/b][/quote]
    I love you, Todd. :lol:

14. Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

I love you, Todd. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    So do I :lol:

15. Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

3. According to the bible, god talked to adam and eve, they talked to him back and they held a conversation. But language, spoken language at least, didn't come about until long after prehistoric times where the human race was just starting. So, if creationism is correct, Adam and Eve were really smart, their kids and there kid's kids were complete dumbshits. Do you really want to believe that all their offspring were dumbshits until thousands of years down the road, someone started talking again? [/b][/quote]
    1st of all (not reffering to Todd's topic) everyone keeps limiting God's power. He's a god, infinite power, whether he's real or a myth, this God's powerful. Creating the world in six days is no problem for one of his power, and all he had to do was speak it into existence. Second of all (referring to Missy's comment), although when God created the Earth, there was no "day" set up, the first books of the bible were written many years later by moses on Mt. Sinai, after the days system was set up. And besides, God is the all-powerful force in the heavens, he can see the future, and knows man's way of keeping time then.

In the beginning, everything was perfect. Of course, it's pointless to use the bible because you don't believe in it but the bible says that in the beginning, everything was perfect. Then man sinned and death came into the world. But still, they had it pretty good, living near a thousand years. Then, all the world sinned, and the great flood happened. the flood came from above, bringing all of space's junk in there, and men start to live shorter lives.
    That would be what the bible has to say on it. Sin is what created imperfections, not God.

1. Could I get a document on the poisonious gas stuff? I've never heard of it and would like to look into it.

2. Dinosaurs existed the same time as man, proven by their footprints on top of each other in a fossil. The time between the steos couldn't have been more than 5 minutes, lest the clay or mud dry up. Also, T-Rexes have been proven to have not been able to kill. It's arms were too short to grab his prey, and his build was slow. The T-Rex was most likely a scavenger, taking the food of other predators. And dinosaurs aren't as mean as movies have made them. They eat their animals, and their plants, and leave us to do our own thing. And, if you want to us the bible, God had control over every one of those animals. He had the ability to bring them to Adam to be named.

3. From an atheist's view, spoken language didn't come for many years, cause they believe in evolution, and evolution says man wasn't around for a long time. Also, Adam and Eve had a long time to themselves in the garden. We do not know how long it was before they ate the fruit, and there was a tree of life in the garden, They may have developed language in that time, in fact, they had to have, otherwise the bible would contradict itself. Plus, God is a guy in the sky with infinite power and wisdom. He created the world in six days, it would've only been too easy for him to have given them the ability to speak.

16. Derek

I believe that in this large debate, the true meaning of the bible has been lost, and instead has been replaced by a war between athiests and people of heavy Christian faith. The bible was made because it was intended to teach respect, love and equality amongst one another, and a life without sin. As stupid as some athiests may find these teachings, we could sure benefit from love and equality right now, as there is a lot of violence raging overseas and even amongst our own soil. We are in an era that the bible refers to as the "last days", the point in which the world is falling apart, and a time in which everyone must repent from thier sins or watch life as we know it cease to exist.

This prophecy can have technical applications, as North Korea is currentely developing Nuclear Weapons that are up to five times more powerful then the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima. It is this greed to rule all, and this hate towards one another that is going to launch us into another World War. It is in this war, that I believe, the world will find its 'armageddon' as badly thought out decisions (aka nuclear bombs) will lead to vast parts of the world erupting in utter chaos. Had the writers of the bible, truly seen the future, they would have been absolutely correct in their intepretation of the world today.

Taking a scripture directly from The Second Epistle Of Paul The Apostle To Timothy: Chapters 3 and 4:

"2 This know also, that in the last days perilious times shall come. For men shall be lovers of thier own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than God."

Many people, religious people especially could consider the wars erupting overseas as the "perilious times" that are prophecized from within the bible. Whether you chose to follow a religion or not, it cannot be denied that the descriptions of mankind quoted in that scripture, hold very true in today's world. It can be said that many world leaders have been guilty of such behavior and therefore, have caused many wars in the world from thier inability to be righteous and free of what we call 'sin'.

I'll admit that I don't go to Church that much at all. But I do realize, after reading some very important scriptures from the Holy Bible, that many of the events prophecized in the bible are happening before our very eyes. I am not sure if the "Armageddon" is upon us, but I am 100% sure that another World War, with the weapons we have today, will spell vast and horrible consequences for America and it's surrounding countries.

I am not telling everyone to become christians or worship a god, I am merely pointing out cold hard facts, in the hopes that people can understand what the Bible was truly trying to say all along.

17. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i'm atheist but i do not denounce anyone that believes in god, after all i know more christians than atheists anyway. :rolleyes:

18. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I believe in respect and love and all those other things without a book telling me that I should. It isn't that I find them stupid (notice that I'm speaking for myself, here), it's that the majority of it doesn't make any sense to me, and it's the fact that the book contradicts itself too many times and has far too many inaccuracies for me. I know it was written by man and man makes mistakes, but if it was inspired by God and he was telling these men what to write, don't you think it would've been free of errors?

Also, I have a strong feeling that religion is the entire reason that the world is the way it is today. Everything was fine before religion came along. (And with religion, I group Greek and Roman mythology, as well.) Once these religions started popping up, we started having the wars and whatnot. I may be completely off-base, but I feel that religion is the whole reason there are any wars to begin with.

Also, without religion, the Native Americans would've been on this continent for hundreds of years longer than they were. Why do I say this? Because the Puritans and Pilgrims left England to get away from the Church - something religious. Had there been no Church, and just people believing whatever they wanted to believe, I have a strong feeling that the world would be a much, much different place.

19. Derek

I support all of your views in that statement Will. I just wish people across the world knew that fighting solves absolutely nothing.

20. Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

Religion, freedom, and all that crap are the start of wars, I agree. However, I believe that the bible has no contradictions or inaccuracies. What do you find, inaccurate about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.