Xangas

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Alacrity, Jul 16, 2004.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

There was a topic about this from like 5 months ago, but it didn't really go anywhere, and no one's posted in it for ages.

So, does anyone have a Xanga here? They're really cool online journals that you can personalize to the max. The only bad thing is that they put a stupid banner on the top of the page, but with a bit of code you can get rid of that too ^_^ . If you have a xanga, post the link, and if you don't, you can sign up here and find tons of ways to customize it here and here.

My Xanga

^ This is a recent one, since my other one got messed up and I couldn't log in anymore.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

You know it. ;)

mir

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm Anti-Xanga. My friend made one for me and I'm determined to make it die a slow, painful death.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I'm checking out this Xanga thing, i'm just messing around with it at the moment and just trying to figure out what the hell to do on it (yes, i'm stupid) But if you want to see how crappy it is at the moment then the link is in my sig...

Michele1

Michele1 Well-Known Member

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

Hm... I've heard of Xanga but I never thought to try it out. I'm pretty happy with LiveJournal. No ads. But if anybody's willing to try to persuade me... :whistle:

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah, livejournal is so much better. they dont have any ads/subscriptions and theyre actually just as customizeable on a free account. i think its more organized too with the friends lists and friends pages so you dont have to go to everyones individually. plus you can change the comments links or make it friends only.

in other words, livejournal is the way to go :D

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

yeah, livejournal is so much better. they dont have any ads/subscriptions and theyre actually just as customizeable on a free account. i think its more organized too with the friends lists and friends pages so you dont have to go to everyones individually. plus you can change the comments links or make it friends only.

in other words, livejournal is the way to go :D [/b][/quote]
    You can do that with Xanga too, but you gotta subscribe to the premium thing. I wouldn't do that kind of stuff anyway, so I stick with Xanga.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

There's a new service called the "Blog Arena" that's supposed to blow everything out of the water. Be on the lookout for it

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

:hmm: Interesting. Will do. I've also tried diary-x. That one's actually pretty awesome. Complete freedom to do anything except you can only show one entry per page instead of 20 entries like on LiveJournal - my preference. But what's awesome about it is that you can password protect it with different usernames and whatnot. Pretty elite.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

With xanga you can get ready made themes for free without having to know tons of HTML. Also, you can have music playing in the backround, and instead of having a friend's page you can get an email with all of your subscription's updates that day :)

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

The persuasion begins! lol

Well, LJ technically has ready-made templates too... just not that great. And Diary-x does as well... just not that great either. I might actually give Xanga a try.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I tried Xanga once and I didn't like it much. I prefer Blurty or LiveJournal.

I don't have a journal right now but I'll probably make one again some time in the near future.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

I had an xanga once, and then I never went back to it. Signed up and all. I don't even remember what the name of it was. I prefer greatestjournal out of all the online journaling places I've been (out of live journal, ujournal, blurty and dead journal). It's not just the 1,000 icons and such that kept me there (though that's a part of it), it's the fact that.. I feel welcome there. Everywhere else is either slow or I feel as though the whole place hates me.

But anyway, if any one wants to know, my gj is here.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

well on the templates thing on livejournal, its pretty customizable

i just made this one for nicole (coley#) that i think is pretty cool.

if anyone wants me to make a cool one for you (on livejournal) then just ask.. i make them for like....everyone.

p.s. add me or ill cry (unless you already have)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I used to have Xanga, but I got rid of it. Here's my livejournal instead.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I've got a LJ. It is here.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

mine is on www.my-diary.org (good site and for free, by the way)...but its private right now since some freaks from my class got their hands on it.