Somewhere I Belong Video: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Bryan, Feb 28, 2003.

TheOneAndOnlySAV

TheOneAndOnlySAV Banned

as I watched the video over and over. I mean I'm majoring in film/video and let me just say Joseph Hahn did not make an effort to use his full creativity. Not only are the technical problems lacking in effect to the mood of the video but as it was said before my post, the lighting definately made it look like everything but a dream world. It was a catalyst for the world and it ended up looking like a set, the CGI's were horrible and totally took away from the video's main purpose, I don't know what the hell those nuns were doing there but then again I never really knew what the hell those monks in One Step Closer were doing there either but they looked cool so I guess it was ok to have them there. I don't know about everyone else but I thought those GOD DAM GUNDAMS we're going to come to life...that would had been awesome, I mean Hahn kept showing them...for what? I don't get certain shots in the video it looked more like their first video rather than something thats suppose to look stronger and more professional than previous work, I don't know maybe i was expecting to much from what I saw in the preview....i was dissapointed but hey I guess all we can do now is hope their next video isn't as bad...

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I think LP might have done the video like that, so that this would happen right now...

Everyone being like "wtf :blink: "

bLu3DeViL314 -Go to the beginning of the thread, theres a link to download the video.

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I think the white 'nuns' are a recreation of the hooded guy in OSC....... Except now that they are wearing white, it kinda symbolizes that the song is more of a positive song, rather than OSC.......

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

yeah i think so.. :blink: a reanimated nun...^_^ :D

Linkirvana

Linkirvana New Member

Where did u guy's got the SIB vid????????? Cuz I couldn't find it wit KaZaA issit available on any website or something??? I AM DESPERATE HELP ME!

katja_88

katja_88 Well-Known Member

I like that video..but what was those animals :blink:

Linkirvana

Linkirvana New Member

nm guy's I allready have the vid...for the guy's who don't have it yet:
    www.lbvidz.cjb.net

Linkirvana

Linkirvana New Member

The vid rocks!!!!! Only the dubbing is really really bad!!!I think(hope) it still has to be perfected and that this is just a demo vid......

TheOneAndOnlySAV

TheOneAndOnlySAV Banned

ummmmm I think thats pretty much the real video ....sorry kido dont get your hopes up... :unsure:

JCQ

JCQ Well-Known Member

the video was ok. u know what u guys should. play the video on ur dvd players with surround sound if u have one. because i just encoded the video and burnt in dolby surround, and played it on my dvd and holy ####. the song sound so amazing compared to on the computer or my cd player. with video, the song blended in fine. alright whatever. lol.

o ya another thing. chester_76, why don't u give credit for lpvidz.cjb.net for using their server. because ur using their bandwidth there?

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

ok sweat, thank God, i was wondering about that

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

i have a name for the creatures :p

Hybridis Animalis

hehe.. :p
    i was drinking some soda.. and than.. *FlooP* [ The Name ]

i know.. i'm a crazy person :rolleyes:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

lmao a demo vid? Never heard of that

Delekan

Delekan Member

Hey the video is really good. I think that Joe could bekame a good producer if he hasn´t joined LP. But he did, so he only can show his talents in LP videos and musik ofcourse. (I don´t mean that it´s bad )

The video isn´t as static as Crowling or One Step Closer. I think it gonna be my favourite video fo the next months.

The only thing I don´t understand is why is Mike :mike: playing guitar? There is no second guitar in SIB.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

He usually plays the Rhythem Guitar when they need it.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

just saw making the vid, for some reason now, i really like the vid, i dont know, i changed, my mind, the vid is really good, there second best vid in my opinon

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mike plays guitar on "Crawling" and "Pushing Me Away" on Hybrid Theory but I don't know about any other songs.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

the video in my opinion wasnt as good as i thought it would be, those animals are realll wierd and really had nothing to do with the video and the song, hopefully future linkin park videos will be awesome like the crawling video!

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

If you thought the animals were really weird and didn't have anything to do with the video. Can you tell me what the whale had to do with In The End?

Anyways, I noticed in the video, that Mike was playing a guitar. Does he actually play the guitar at live performances and in songs or did he just do this for the video?

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

you make a good point, but i still didnt like the video as much