Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Nah, we need the proteins we find in meat to be healthy. As for the vegetables, you don't know if they were actually genetically modified or if they used pest control on them, so I say the meat is totally healthy.

2. Link04

Link04 Ambient

^ Unless you grow it yourself. A few of my family members, )none of who are vegetarians), do grow their own food in more rural places.

3. Michele1

Michele1 Well-Known Member

I was a Vegitarian for a month.. and then again for a week..

It wasn't to be healthier or to "save the animal kingdom"

The first time, I had read something about this cow.. she was beatin and straved to death to death because she wouldn't get out of the truck to go to the place where they kill them..

And the second time my father took me to his friends house and they kill all kinds of animals for food there, and it saddens me I don't see how someone could kill any animal.. Food or not.

edit: oh, but thats not why i stopped... that just triggered it lol

4. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

you can get protein from other things than meat. and as for meat being "totally healthy", i dont know where you got that from.

80,000 birds a day processed. Out of those 80,000, only 15 birds are inspected. Out of those 15, they have to have 3 or more pen abscesses to be pulled off the line.

people who eat meat are at least 30 percent more likely to die of a heart attack, 40 percent more likely to get cancer, and at increased risk for many other diseases and illnesses, including stroke, obesity, appendicitis, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, alzheimers disease, and food poisoning.

and on the vegetable thing, meat contains accumulations of pesticides and other chemicals up to 14 times more concentrated than those found in plant foods.

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I got food poisoning from celery once... :wth:

6. TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

you can get protein from other things than meat. and as for meat being "totally healthy", i dont know where you got that from.

80,000 birds a day processed. Out of those 80,000, only 15 birds are inspected. Out of those 15, they have to have 3 or more pen abscesses to be pulled off the line.

people who eat meat are at least 30 percent more likely to die of a heart attack, 40 percent more likely to get cancer, and at increased risk for many other diseases and illnesses, including stroke, obesity, appendicitis, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, alzheimers disease, and food poisoning.

and on the vegetable thing, meat contains accumulations of pesticides and other chemicals up to 14 times more concentrated than those found in plant foods. [/b][/quote]
    Umm...

...uhhh...

...MEAT TASTES BETTER.

Me: 1
    You: 0

7. Jila

Umm...

...uhhh...

...MEAT TASTES BETTER.

Me: 1
    You: 0 [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

well then ill be healthy and live longer

me: 2
    you: 1

8. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

well then ill be healthy and live longer

me: 2
    you: 1 [/b][/quote]
    and you'll save animals :lol:

jila: 2
    tempest: 1
    me: 5 :lol:

9. Jila

tempest: 1
    katie: 5
    me: 600

..because im just cool

funny quotes are cool

10. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

excuse me! youre like... Loo-SER! haha sorry couldnt resist the preppiness :lol:
    you guys... we're screwing the topic.

11. b0B_th3_Bl0b

b0B_th3_Bl0b Banned

I'm not a vegatarian.
    I love animals though, so if pizza, hotdogs, ect. were not considered meat, I'd gladly be a vegatarian!!
    But sorry, just not willing to give up mu favorite foods...

12. ccitb

ccitb Well-Known Member

I don't eat meat. but it's not that I wanted to "save animals" or something, I don't do it just because I don't like it.

But I do eat fish, but I would nevertheless call myself a vegetarian, since 3 years or something, but I just have my own way and my own definition about what a vegetarian is.

and I'm of the opinion that a person who isn't eating meat for a week isn't a vegetarian, I call it: A person who isn't eating meat for a week.

13. If the vegeterian's claim of not eating meat is "to save the animal kingdom", I'd like to know whether this approach really HAS saved animals from the slaughterhouse. If not, their efforts are futile. But I can totally understand someone wanting to be vegetarian simply because they don't like the taste of meat.

Meat is good for building energy and stamina, but I've heard that vegetarians should make up for the nutritions they lack by eating other foods like tofu or something. :lol:

14. Jila

well vegetarianism/veganism has kind of become a trend and every wannabe scenester is. so i guess it is kind of saving animals because the recent vegetarians/vegans havent been eating meat, and since they dont buy it anymore, theyre going to sell less, therefore, resulting in less meat produced.. or whatever. but yeah, there are quite a few vegetarians now.

15. Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I think a lot of people in this thread, on both sides of the argument, get offended way to easily.

I am not a vegetarian, although I have pretty much lost a taste for meat. My Dad is an Akinser, so for the past several years meat, especially steak and chicken, was a huge part of my family's diet, probably the reason steak pretty much disgusts me now.

But to everyone making the argument that one person being a vegetarian isn't closing the slaughterhouses:
    True, but not killing people doesn't stop the murders either, does it? It simply means that you aren't participating in something you feel is wrong.

And please don't grab my throat and tell me I'm calling meat-eaters murderers. The murdur anology was simply the first thing that came to mind, replace it with "stealing" if it makes you feel better. And like I already said, I am not a vegetarian.

16. Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

I think most vegatarians know that them not eating meat isn't going to save the entire animal kingdom. But when you truely think about an animal...a thing with a brain, a heart, feelings...it might seem hard to know that the animal was killed simply because some people were hungry. Truely think about that. In my opinion that's why most don't eat meat. But I don't really know

I'm not a vegatarian though although I have thought about it. I think it is ok for an animal to be killed for eating purposes. But when I see a car swerve to hit a squirell or a cat or something that really bothers me. Killing something just because you think it would be funny...that's lame

17. Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

i used to be a vegetarian. Now I realize that the main reasons to raise animals is to kill them for meat and nothing is going to change that.

18. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Gotta remember something.....

Hitting the animals for fun is just plain wrong. I'd never do that for fun. But, I know a few people that ended up crashing their cars into a tree or something because they tried to swerve around a squirrel or something. So if there's a small animal in my path and I can either kill the animal, go into oncoming traffic, hit a tree or go offroading in my little 2 door coupe not meant for offroading, then the animal better start praying so it doesn't go to animal hell when it dies in a few seconds.

19. Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

In animal heaven they have unlimited streets with cars that will run over the squirrels but not kill them because they are invisible.

20. iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

i am a vegan and have been veggie for years, i do it as a)you eat meat, you eat adrenalin and all toxins that are released on time of death, adrenalin does #### to your body if its unneeded (your not in life threat all the time). meat takes 7 years to rott away in your intestines, a hell of energy to break it down, while eating veggie gives you that energy to live your life then digest your food instead, thats extra brain power, extra body power.etc and so on and so forth.my body is my best friend, it is there since day i was born and will be till day i die. also working with old people gives me a question, if i look after myself and be healthy, my dignity, my ability to live my life independently and fully will be preserved till the most maximum moment. now i got a daughter, i give her fish, but i make sure its organic, its from place where its killed in most caring way. we cannot avoid causing demage to something, but awareness about it is something that i think is essential. that you can do it in the way that you cause the least harm possible, that you consider all your options, not just take the easiest.i could say to hell no with it, but hey, do i want to live my life in minimal way i can, no i want to live to my max, that is my aim, and even if i slip i pull myself up again and give it a best i can. i could ramble on more, but wont, i might bore you to no end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.