Depression Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by lpchick97, Aug 16, 2004.

lpchick97

lpchick97 Well-Known Member

Lately I haven't been sleeping at all or eating much. Every night when I can't sleep, I draw pictures and write down lyrics from some of my favorite bands. So today my dad found the drawings and he thinks I'm all depressed and stuff ( which i mite be). Then on top of that my f##### stepmom gets a hold of the drawings and shes like, " What kind of music are you listening to? Its so depressing." and stuff like that. So now I'm really worried cuz my dad says that he wants to take me to the doctor and therapy...again(didnt work the first tyme). Besides that I think the next thing he'll do is take my cds and my computer. He thinks that i listen to the music because it reflects my life, which is true. But without that music, my life will turn back to the crappy life it used to be. Ever since I started listenin to the music, i've gained confidence, and i think i was doing better. I dont know if im really depressed, but i dont think i am yet. what worries me is the fact that the more they keep telling me that im depressed, the more my brain will believe it until I really get depressed. this has happened before. So people any advice on what i shud do?

Oh yea and for the Administration I dont know if this is in the rite forum and ther is another forum for depression but its almost dead so...

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

:hugz: *hugs*
    ive been depressed. i still am, but im getting better. heres what you should do (at least in my opinion):

1. contact a psychiatrist. even if you dont believe in telling some random guy all your problems... i didnt either. the important thing is, there is medicine for depression. and he can prescribe it to you. trust me, it works.

2. i say try a therapy. try again. i was forced to go to my first meetings, but now i see that it helps. the person you will talk to knows what hes doing, even if you dont know what youre doing. me and my psychiatrist agreed that she will not force me to do anything, the only thing she'll try to do is take my hand (nolt literally) and guide me through depression. she told me how it works, what happens physically and mentally, blah blah. and told me that theres treatment for it.

please please try again with the therapy. if you dont try, you have no chance of getting out of it.
    and tell your evil stepmom to go to hell.
    and stay on the forums. this thread will probably turn into your thread, which means there will be a lot of people who want to listen to you and are interested in what you have to say. keep up with updates.

*hugs*

lpchick97

lpchick97 Well-Known Member

thanks. even though i know that its best to see a therapist, but i just can't. i can't speak to them, because first of all, I don't like talking much in general and I hate going back to all my memories. I mean, its Easier To Run...lol. And I really don't want to get to the point where I'm gonna have to take pills because I don't want to start depending on them, so when i forget to take one I break down or turn suicidal.
    now my dad and everyone else is worried about me since im not getting any sleep. hes worried that i'll get manic depression like my mom. Manic depression is like normal depression except that when you get depressed you do crazy s###. i dont want to get that because I've seen my mother that way, and I gess all the things that have scarred me were all traced back to her. so i dont know what to do. i dont even know if im depressed...yet. i really gotta get out of all this.

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

sometimes it's good to talk things out of your mind, which seems stuck in your heart to those people we always claimed as 'strangers'...

i get depress a lot and always being told by people around me that what i face is not a depression... it's tiresome coz depression is an on-and-off experience but people are not willing to take notice of that... i know the limit of having to hold the anger inside my heart... it's what i experienced - my pain... when i feel like being stupid, i want to feel stupid! then i'd be okay... people cannot tell us whether we are okay or not just by having a mere look at us... i hate when people saying that i'm not depress... it's such an excuse of people for refusing to 'lend their ears' what i have to say in my mind...

i'm not sick ('though i have a 'sick' attitude towards people!) but when i'm feeling depress i just want to lay on my bed, untouched... i wont even get out of my bed or change my clothes or having a breakfast or thinking of anything... i dont feel like talking to anybody at all... i refusei just to be alone, lost in oblivion, wasting my precioussss time - my definition of 'yoga'!

i just dont get it when most of us would turn to suicide when facing such depression problem... it's ok if we feel depress, no matter the timeline hit 'once in a while' or 'forever' patterns... dont let stupidity blurred our mind... we are human, we are blissed with sanity, use it WISELY!!... we are not animal or non-living things, we are better than that! (for the record, if not accidentally happened, we are the one who's responsible for animal-killing!!) :angry:

i'm numb so WTF! :wth:

whatever...

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

The best advice I've ever seen :D

Anyways, on the serious side, yeah...I'm going through the same thing, with failed relationships and friendships that aren't what they used to be. I'm trying to just use the brute force method though, and get through it by myself. It's hard, but I think I can do it. Just don't let it get to you...if it does, you can just vent here :lol: We'll always be here to help :hugz:

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

*hugs everyone*
    8 years ago, when i was still at primary school, i started to get sick and depress,because no one of my "friends" wanted to stay w/t me...they refused to spend their happy time with me; i was too quiet,so i used to stay lonely...but i didn't want it.
    And if i could, i would talk to a psychiatrist just to talk to someone,because i needed it,instead of being patient at an hospital waiting for a treat.....

now what i only need is a lawyer! :wth:

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Welcome to my world...I'm pretty much a stand-in friend until something better comes along...therefore, I've spent most of my life without anybody to spend any time with. It's gotten to the point that I've almost given up trying to make new friends...because, well, I know how things are going to go. It's, well...depressing...

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The only depression I suffer from is when my favorite hockey team loses in the playoffs and their season is over for 5 months. :(

Other than that, I always look at the positives. Great family, great friends, my belongings, this site, the country and town I live in, etc.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

It's all about having distractions to keep you from becoming depressed.

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

Welcome to my world...I'm pretty much a stand-in friend until something better comes along...therefore, I've spent most of my life without anybody to spend any time with. It's gotten to the point that I've almost given up trying to make new friends...because, well, I know how things are going to go. It's, well...depressing... [/b][/quote]
    yeah...unfortunately i know how depressing is.....and no one in my class had this kind of problem to understand me.....but it's good to know i'm not lonely here...

:hugz:

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i hate therapists and i dont think they work. but i have people that i can talk to, or i can help them with their problems, and in the end it makes me feel better. really.

but right now, i have no one to talk to, so i am all over the internet helping people with their problems. i dont know if it is working or not.

Syphon

Syphon Extremely H! Vltg3

i know how you feel. my mom was depressed (not manic though) for many years. it was pretty bad because it started from when i was young. She would do some pretty scary stuff. She even tried to kill herself a few times. The last time was about a year and a half ago. It was worse than the other times cause i was now old enough to completely understand what was happening. But i think she has been a lot better in the last year, so it good.

Still i think it has had many lasting effects on me. The one i notice most is my inabilty to express my feeling most of the time, especially when it is in a face to face situation. It sux :(

yeah so i just want to say your not alone, i know its hard to live with someone who suffers depression, especially manic depression.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

same here. i think the best cure for depression is helping other people... you automatically start feeling better about yourself./

~*Numb*~

~*Numb*~ Well-Known Member

yes i have been in situations like this and basically everything everryone just said here is completely true, i also hate therapists and those kind of people (not because i don't like what they do) its just i can't even like talk to my friends about it so how the heck am i spossed to talk to some guy that is just payed to listen to me whine?

so instead of getting professional help i just talk to the very smart people here! ^ass_kicker^ ^_^

:hugz: and if there is any way i can help i will try!

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

aww *hugs* thanks for mentioning me baby. :hugz:
    i think that it doesnt matter if you talk to a therapist or a good friend: its all about someone listening to you and someone who is interested in what you have to say.
    and someone who accepts you just the way you are.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I have depression. What I mainly try to do is talk to people who I know will listen. It helps a lot. Also I try to do something fun that will make me happy like going to see a funny movie, shop at the mall, go to the beach, dance, etc. Writing poems helps a lot too.

...and I am with what Mark said about a favorite team losing in the playoffs. I get depressed when my favorite sports teams lose. I guess it's just because I'm such a fan of my teams that I hate to be let down.

Try to look on the positive side of things. That's what I'm trying to do. :)

mapache

mapache Banned

I got kicked out of 2 rehabs, and spent a year in wilderness camp by the time I was 16, then went on to heroin, cocaine,speed,etc. until about 6 months ago. I met a wonderful girl, who Im now engaged to. The best thing is to realize things always get better if you give them time. (w00t)

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i can't wait until i graduate (285 days) because i know my life will get better then. my parents are complete a$$holes and i really can't stand living with them, but i can't leave until i turn 18 (which is in 409 days) but i can go to college and be able to live my own life and be who i want to be and no one will stop me.

my parents were driving me to kill myself earlier in the year, but they can't seem to get it through their thick heads that they are the reason that i am as f***ed up as i am.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

^_^ i agree. kind of. well, you have to be optimistic. not one of my traits, but yeah.

x__f0rg0tten

x__f0rg0tten Banned

some times i think i'm depressed but i'm not sure...like there are times i just wanna cry for no reason and then there are times where i am just to the point where i get pissed off at everything everyone does...i don't understand it