are video games to blame?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by devilrocker, Aug 16, 2004.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Beanie Babies.[/b][/quote]
    My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I can't really say. Some people may have actually been influenced by video games to shoot people in real life. Not to say that video games directly affect violence, but the idiots who shoot people...might be the idiots that use video games as an excuse. Who knows whether they are telling the truth or not.

We're all saying hell no because we want to deny the fact. Think about it. ;)

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i agree with your last statement.
    but still, if a person playes playstation2 and then goes out and starts killing people, that means somethings wrong with him/her. yes, videogames might influence people like that. but there must be something twisted in their brain as well.
    you know what im saying?

FiGuRe#8

FiGuRe#8 Well-Known Member

i agree with your last statement.
    but still, if a person playes playstation2 and then goes out and starts killing people, that means somethings wrong with him/her. yes, videogames might influence people like that. but there must be something twisted in their brain as well.
    you know what im saying? [/b][/quote]
    yess, i know and my opnion is:

They should just forbid all those games, i doesn't matter if you are playing those games and you never killed someone, it's just about the fact that you are PLAYING those games!!
    You may think those games doesn't have any influence, but they realy have!!

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

yess, i know and my opnion is:

They should just forbid all those games, i doesn't matter if you are playing those games and you never killed someone, it's just about the fact that you are PLAYING those games!!
    You may think those games doesn't have any influence, but they realy have!! [/b][/quote]
    Umm...no. Not always. I dont go play Midnight Club 2 and then go out and speed all over town at 130 mph. I dont play Enter the Matrix and go out and shoot people. Some kids just have mental issues and cant tell the difference between right or wrong. The games shouldnt be banned, the parents of the kids with the problems should be buying the games at their own discretion. The parents need to be more responsible. This was why the ESRB rating system was invented.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Nah. Furbies. Demonspawns of Hell they are.... [/b][/quote]
    A furby told me to touch him once. :'(

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

You have to be really stupid if you're playing GTA3 and then buy a AK47 or a M16, go to a mall, and fill everyone with bullets. Its the person itself that needs a big check on his head. Ive been brought up with GTA2, Wolfenstein 3D and other stuff, and im not going to a German castle and shoot everyone.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Every human being needs to be able to tell apart from a video game and Reality. I hate people who do crimes and blame it on such games like GTA.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

My opinion is that if a video game is enough to set a person off its only a matter of time before something else does. Its not the game's fault, it's the person's mental condition.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

They'll regret putting a ban on violent video games when the world gets overtaken by mafioso zombie pirates and no one knows how to take them out.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

LOL.

Tony

Tony war in your bedroom.

LOL. [/b][/quote]
    Oh my god, when I read that I just busted out laughing lol...

Bobe

Bobe Member

A furby told me to touch him once. :'( [/b][/quote]
    My furby always tells me to shut up lol.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Umm...no. Not always. I dont go play Midnight Club 2 and then go out and speed all over town at 130 mph. I dont play Enter the Matrix and go out and shoot people. Some kids just have mental issues and cant tell the difference between right or wrong. The games shouldnt be banned, the parents of the kids with the problems should be buying the games at their own discretion. The parents need to be more responsible. This was why the ESRB rating system was invented. [/b][/quote]
    I agree...but the idiots who commited the killings but have been dumb enough to be influenced by the video games.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Who's then to say that something else wouldn't set them off? Should we ban all violent movies too? Or maybe someone will cut the person off on the highway and that'll set them off? So should we all stop driving cars and lock ourselves in our basements? Or maybe the fact that the US is killing tons of civilians in Iraq would set off the maniacs too. Videogames aren't to blame anymore than anything else.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

If that is so, then technically we would be running around everywhere, shooting and ducking wherever we go, carrying guns and grenades with us everywhere, and living on the edge all the time.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Right...I'm typing this as Guns N Roses are on the TV, so if I go into spasms of bad language, you know why.

Ok. What pisses me off here is that these sorts of cases where a child can't tell the difference between Fake and Real are actually very rare - however when one of these cases do occur, suddenly it happens to everyone. It's simply the media trying to put the blame on someone or something - without this sort of stuff,there aren't sales. People don't really like stories that don't involve blame. Then it's the turn of MP's etc who simply jump on the bandwagon for a bit of publicity.

Simple enough, eh?

But yes, these cases are very very rare, but show many warnings beforehand. In that case, it's up to the parents to look after their child and protect them from any kinds of dangers that these games may bring.

Also, let's not ignore the fact that a lot of games actually warn of violence etc - that's what the age certificates are normally for. Again, I'll have to put this down to the parent as well as the store owners. Proof of ID should be given in my opinion.

When all that fails - that's when you're screwed, basically =)

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

some people are really violent...and they have never touched a video game. my brother got gta vice city, after my mom was worrying about it forever, and he hasn't changed since he got it (well he got stupider, but not more violent), even though people think that that game is like the mother of all bad games or something like that.

anyway, all the violent games are rated m for mature, right? so it is the parent's fault that they buy a game for a child that is graphic or violent or whatever.

(i was going to say something else but i forgot :rolleyes: )

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

You have it spot on there.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

No no , thats ignorant
    (Picture Removed. That's ####### scary :mellow: ). --superxero88