Gothic.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Aug 13, 2004.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Welcome back to the forums? :lol:

You haven't posted in awhile. Point very well seen, does everyone agree?

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

being punk/goth is like a fashion statement now. im sorry, but i hate seeing all these 5th grade girls walking around in t-shirts saying "punky girl" and pants with "i love punk" on their asses. once, i asked one what music does she listen to. guess what the answer was.

shakira.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Man, this sucks. I have a great article about Goths. But it's in Dutch >_<

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I agree completely, Casey. Although I'm not sure if I completely agree if punk is dead, I have mixed feelings there. But I won't get into that because it's very off topic.

As far as the whole "gothic" trend goes, I don't have anything against people who dress like that, a lot of my friends do. But I think with SOME (not all, so don't start flaming me for sterotyping) of it, it's just fake rebellion.

from www.nothingnice.com:
    [​IMG]

Labels suck. I ocassionally get accused of "going goth" because I tend wear a lot of black, and it pisses me off to no extent. Whenever you give someone a label, no matter what it is, it's wrong because a single label can't possibly define an entire person. One of the most individual people I know dresses somewhat "preppy." Who cares?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I agree with you, to a certain extent.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't even classify what I wear either. Neither do I know what preppy is. Neither do I care. ^_^

Cheez

Cheez Well-Known Member

ok well i'm gonna try and put down my opinion here since i am one to be considered "goth" to most. to me being "goth" is one who embraces the wickedness of our world. the fantastical, the pharanormal, the dark,evil eccentric way of life. we are the ones that find beauty in things that other people would not..mainly because they fear it. we don't tend to give a crap what others think or care about and do not try to stay with what is "in" at the time. i'm trying to sum this up quickly, to some being "gothic" is being depressed and they love to flaunt their depression and their issues. i personally am depressed but i've been that way for quite sometime and i don't flaunt it. infact you probably wouldn't know it unless i told you. "goth" can also be classified as what type of music you listen to..i happen to enjoy all types of music. i also dress in mostly black but i do tend to wear other colors. i guess being goth depends on the person..i really don't care much for the title becuase it has more than one deffination. i suppose goth is just a way to group people like me in the same catagory.

lpsavedme

lpsavedme Member

i think goth is just where people enjoy to where black clothes and listen to mainly heavy music. a lot of people think goths are violent or anti-social but many of the goths i know are very shy and dont talk much. a lot of goths aslo find horror films upsetting in some ways but seriously funny in others. they like to live on the dark side and like to have their own opinion on life.
    each to their own i suppose :)

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

best definition i can think of ^_^

Glenn

yeah i guess that definition is pretty close.

*calls Merriam-Webster*

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Amen!

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

And like Count Chocula cereal. :rolleyes:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

And like Count Chocula cereal. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    LMFAO.

Dont you love ignorance?

May

May Ambient

i think being "goth" is stupid... i mean there are even labels with goth... like "cyber goth" "glam goth" "cutesey goth" "victorian goth" etc etc i mean that's so stupid! why can't it just be wanting to be unique?

Glenn

Cause too many people are already like that...so it wouldn't be unique to be "gothic"

May

May Ambient

Cause too many people are already like that...so it wouldn't be unique to be "gothic" [/b][/quote]
    well no. if you wear all black i don't call that "goth" i do label people cuz it gives you a better idea of what people look like but i mean i have some really orginal friends that people would call "goth" and they're really unique (ex.putting foam in their hair, wearing tutu's outside) and that's what i say when describing them

spikeshinnizzle

spikeshinnizzle Banned

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned