Euthanasia

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by [Fool], Aug 25, 2004.

Leeuwnie

Leeuwnie Well-Known Member

Well in holland euthanasia is legal but that doesn't mean you can't just go and help someone do it. You have to fill in forms and stuff. It has to be official, your doctor has to know it too. And if someone wants euthanasia I think it's the doctor who does it.

Syphon

Syphon Extremely H! Vltg3

Well in holland euthanasia is legal but that doesn't mean you can't just go and help someone do it. You have to fill in forms and stuff. It has to be official, your doctor has to know it too. And if someone wants euthanasia I think it's the doctor who does it. [/b][/quote]
    yeah thats what i meant. i think olny doctors should be allowed to do it.

Leeuwnie

yeah thats what i meant. i think olny doctors should be allowed to do it. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly! But some doctors don't want to do it. They don't believe it's right, but that's their choice.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

Exactly! But some doctors don't want to do it. They don't believe it's right, but that's their choice. [/b][/quote]
    that girl says everything exactly wrigth ;) :)

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i say everyone should have the right to decide for themself. i mean i know id do it, if i knew id die from the sickness that i have anyway and i was in a lot of pain. but i think its ok if the doctor refuses to do it for the patient. if he thinks its unmoral (which it probably is, but we're all humans), find a doctor whos ok with it.

Leeuwnie

that girl says everything exactly wrigth ;) :) [/b][/quote]
    thnx ^_^ (K)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I believe in it if the person is sick. I'd rather them dead than to suffer for months in a hospital.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

in the state of california, it is legal to kill yourself for a medical reason.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Well in holland euthanasia is legal but that doesn't mean you can't just go and help someone do it. You have to fill in forms and stuff. It has to be official, your doctor has to know it too. And if someone wants euthanasia I think it's the doctor who does it. [/b][/quote]
    I recently saw a documentary about euthanasia and someone working in health or statistics said that the number of assisted suicides/ euthanasia didn't increase enough to be bottered about since it's been said legal in Holland. So I guess that making it legal in Canada or America would not be that bad... but then again, there are differences in European's and American's way of thinking.

rosanna

this might sound really stupid, but if i wasn't suicidal i would be against suicide.

but if someone helps you, then they are committing murder (remember my definition of murder in the abortion thread?) and therefore i am against it. i guess a murder in the family will do that to you. (sorry, but i have been thinking about this all day)

suicide by yourself for medical reasons...i dont know....what if they find a cure but you can't receive it because you are dead?

and also...for all those christians out there, would you rather suffer in life and live a happy afterlife or whatever, or take the easy wayout and suffer eternal damnation?

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Whoa, there now. Are you still talking about euthanasia at this point? If you are, thats incredibly insensitive. But if you're not, I'm sorry I misread you.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Yea. That sounds like suicide. Unless God has some elaborate plan for that persons life, and will cure them sometime in the future, I don't think euthanasia would make God would just send them to hell for impaitence. :wth:

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

I agree. Plus, God is all merciful and loving. And if God damns someone because of euthanasia, that would just be cruel, and that contradicts what God is.

Leeuwnie

In the case of my father. There's no cure against cancer and it's not worth waiting for it.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

*hugs*
    i hope im not being rude or anything... so your father did euthanasia? i think thats smart. at least he doesnt die all sweaty and disgraceful. he gets to die the way he wants to. and he gets to say his goodbyes.

Leeuwnie

*hugs*
    i hope im not being rude or anything... so your father did euthanasia? i think thats smart. at least he doesnt die all sweaty and disgraceful. he gets to die the way he wants to. and he gets to say his goodbyes. [/b][/quote]
    It's not rude :) . Well if you read what I said before then you know my father didn't do euthanasia. We talked about it so if the situation would become unbearable we could. But he died of natural causes (the consequences of his brain tumor). I know he's at peace now and thank goodness I got to say my goodbyes.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

It's not rude :) . Well if you read what I said before then you know my father didn't do euthanasia. We talked about it so if the situation would become unbearable we could. But he died of natural causes (the consequences of his brain tumor). I know he's at peace now and thank goodness I got to say my goodbyes. [/b][/quote]
    *hugs* im glad youre better now. you got to the point where you can talk about your dad without freaking out. yes i believe he is better now. and hes just watching over you and waiting for the day when you two meet again. ^_^

Madi

Madi Well-Known Member

Personally I believe Euthanasia is completely wrong, but if someone wants to, its their life so its their choice.

Leeuwnie

Then explain why you feel that way.

rosanna

i would never do this. i would want to live the longe4st possible life that i could, and i would want to spend it with all the important people (i.e. michael) and i would not want my life to end sooner. also, i would have to think whether i would want someone important to me (i.e. michael) to be responsible for my death, even though i told them to, because they would have to live with the fact that they helped kill me. also, i don't know if i want someone important to me (i.e. michael) to deal with the grief sooner than they would have to.