New song idea

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LinkedUp, Aug 31, 2004.

LinkedUp

LinkedUp Well-Known Member

I think that it would be really cool if LP did a song where chester yells for most of the song kinda like the bridge of from the inside. It would be cool to hear since I normally listen to heavier music!

Toast

Toast Ambient

that would probably be tiring for both Chester and the listener

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That'd be great. Alexisonfire-esque.

lance

lance Well-Known Member

I don't think that is a great idea because than whut mike going to da althought he know how to play guitar and keyboard. without mike rapping that won't be LP i think. ;)

:mike:

streetsoldierx07

streetsoldierx07 Member

ima think about it..................ok i thought about it and im sayin that its not a good idea,,,simply because your taking mikes "lyrically insane" raps out of the songs,,,like lance said its not LP unless theres some Shinoda in it.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Well, I'd love to see Chester screaming more (he should) but then where's the part when Mike raps (btw, I hope he does better raps in the new album), because LP is so famous because of that combination rap + rock + instrumental (I can't put it easier).

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

listen to slipknot or some metal screamo band for that type of noise

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

mike and chester both do a couplet , and a rap chorus

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The Rap/Rock thing is really getting tiring, its the same thing over and over again, they SERIOUSLY need to change it up a bit. Having a song where Chester screams for most of it would be an excellent idea, If Chester could handle doing that.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

There would't be a problem with a song like this at all. If the band can find the emotion or the right topic to base it on i don't see why it shouldn't work. As for you guys saying that i won't work cause of the rap/scream thing and it won't sound like LP, what are you talking about. Any song LP decide to do will sound like LP cause they'll be doing it! and as for mike not rapping...have you heared BTH.

and i think that turned out pretty well.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

I think Linkin Park should have more melodic guitars and vocals and steer away from some of the screaming. Sure they could scream a little bit but not like for every single bridge of a song with the standard heavy two chord bridge guitar part. If they get out of NRG with Don Gilmore and take a risk and go to another producer... maybe they'll get the freedom of putting the screaming parts somewhere else than the bridge.

Li

Li Well-Known Member

They should find some new ways to play around with two vocalists. There's so many possibilities, yet they've mainly stuck with one person doing one part of the song. Mix it up a bit, I guess.

Like Underoath. They have two vocalists and they've mixed up their songs pretty well. It'd be pretty cool to do something more creative, especially when there's both a singer and a rapper.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Let's see what songs Mike doesn't rap in...."My December", "Crawling", "Breaking The Habit", "Don't Stay", "Numb", "Runaway"...and that's just off the top of my head.

And streetsoldier; Mike wrote all the lyrics to "Breaking The Habit" and Chester sang it. Do you hate that song?

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

blink-182 mix it up nicely too, especially on their latest album, but I guess it's different for them since both Mark and Tom sing and neither of them rap. But it'd be interesting to see them use those patterns of song verses. The idea of Chester doing nothing but screaming in the verses would be good too. Mike can sing the choruses then, so it'd be a lot like Alexisonfire. Chester has an amazing screaming voice so I think it'd work.

mia_lp

mia_lp Well-Known Member

hm i agree with you

have you heard that song by Lacuna Coil - Angel's Punishment
    apart from saying that 'i absolutely love it'... the dude screams "CAN YOU TAKE ME!!!!!!!" and the chic sings "AWAY FROM YOUR LIES"

so half of it is screaming, and the rest is really beautiful melodic singing.

i think that;s is what LP should do...
    and i agree with less screaming in the bridge bit... it's getting too monotonous. but they are LP and whatever they do i still love them

ancientmesa

ancientmesa Member

I know they're different from LP, but Static-X's first two albums were pretty heavy and most songs were tuneless (still amazing :) ) but Shadow Zone, the 3rd album, contains singing and stuff they'd never done before...I know they got Tripp in but still...

If LP go different on their 3rd album, I wouldn't complain