The Village

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, May 23, 2004.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

OMG OPEN WATER COPY LOLOLOLOLOLOMGWTF

:lol:

You were asking for it, Omar.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I just finished reading "Labor Of Love". #### it was sad :( . He should do it into a movie.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

If you enjoyed that, you should see Night's university indie film 'Praying With Anger', which he stars as the title character who goes back to India, to find out that though he's Indian, he's an outcast and hated by all.

Back on topic though, does anyone think 'The Village' will get any oscar noms.? I know it's a strecth, but Roger Roeper (Ebert & Roeper) strongly believes so. The music, acting, and cinematography were bar none, whether you liked the movie or not.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

this is very random, but...
    ...whats the difference between omar and omar a? :mellow:

Omar

For those interested in the DVD:

A supposed email from the distributor has been going around which gives some insight into what will be included in the DVD...

+ An extended cut of the film, with previously unreleased scenes
    + A shower/nude scene with Signorney Weaver (thank god this was cut from the release)
    + 6 deleted scenes which showcase the character which Ashton Kutcher apparently played. He had signed on for the film, but from what I know, is not credited in the film, and has only been rumored to be seen in one on-screen scene (the wedding party)
    + Presumably a making of featurette as included in all Night movies. What's uncertain is whether or not the movie will make Touchstone's Vista Series

Omar A

We're both different people with the same first name.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I really hope so. I still think he was robbed of a oscar nomination for Signs in best cinematography.

DVD sounds great, Ashton Kutcher in The Village? Um... no thanks, him and his trucker hat can stay away.

Omar

I really hope so. I still think he was robbed of a oscar nomination for Signs in best cinematography.

DVD sounds great, Ashton Kutcher in The Village? Um... no thanks, him and his trucker hat can stay away. [/b][/quote]
    I know, he's just too much of a modern thug to be believable in a period peace. I wonder if he tried to play any jokes on Night? :lol:

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, from what I know about the movie, almost everyone in the village gets punk'd in a way. :lol:

Omar A

Well, from what I know about the movie, almost everyone in the village gets punk'd in a way. :lol: [/b][/quote]

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If The village isn't supposed to be a horror film then it shouldn't have been portrayed as one.The ads were saying ''truly terrifying'' and stuff like that.There was no good plot to the story,The whole film looks like its set in the victorian times until at the end we see some modern van and find out its actualy supposed to be set in modern times.The suposed horrifying creature was nowhere near horrifying,a good costume is something ironic like Freddy kruegars outfit or something myserious like Jason Vorhee's or Micheal Myers's not some dude dressed up in a pig monster dress!

Just my opinion

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

^^ I agree ^^

I watched it a while back with my mates and we were all sat there at the end like 'Wha? Wtf was all that about then?' It made no sense and yes, very right, it was NOT a horror film even though all the trailers and critics made it out to be