Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

1. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

Well, sometimes.. suicide could be an option to a 'better life? [/b][/quote]
    if the person think so and he/she wanna commits suicide it's his /her decision , But I think you always heard people how care about you (family and friend) even if you don't have friends and are fed up with your fam , Your fam will still care about you maybe it isn't going that well they still brought you on earht and care about you , just wait till better times , . But still the decision is to the person it self

2. FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

if the person think so and he/she wanna commits suicide it's his /her decision , But I think you always heard people how care about you (family and friend) even if you don't have friends and are fed up with your fam , Your fam will still care about you maybe it isn't going that well they still brought you on earht and care about you , just wait till better times , . But still the decision is to the person it self [/b][/quote]
    yea sure.. but i don't say i support suicide.. it's just.. sometimes really.. life gets so bad. but sure yea.. u can fight for it if u just really wanna survive.. but i guess many people just give up because they think they'll never see the bright side of life.

3. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

yea sure.. but i don't say i support suicide.. it's just.. sometimes really.. life gets so bad. but sure yea.. u can fight for it if u just really wanna survive.. but i guess many people just give up because they think they'll never see the bright side of life. [/b][/quote]
    exactly

4. FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

exactly [/b][/quote]
    yea.. lol those squares from quatin give me an headache

5. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i dont really believe in an afterlife, so suicide for me would not be a way to a better life. it is just a solution to leave this life, and if someone hates their life that much, there is no way for someone to stop them from killing themselves. no matter what is going on, someone that is desperate enough will find a way to die. and if you try to "help" them, you may be only hurting them, and you may make it worse, like every single person that ever tried to "help" me. someone that wants to kill themselves does it because no one else can understand them, and people that try to make the suicidal person think that they understand them just look like fools in the long run. no one can help me. no one is trying. if i want to get out of this i will only help myself.

6. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

After reading that, I'll have to say that I both agree AND disagree. I had to help a friend out of a situation like this again last night...and believe me, it wasn't easy. I'm not sure if she would have done it or not for sure, but to be on the safe side, I went over there to calm her down. From this, I'd have to say that yes, suicide can be stopped, but only if there truely is something that you can make the suicidal person look at and think "Hey, he's right...maybe I shouldn't do this after all". That's the situation I presented my friend with the other night - - I told her all the things she'd be missing out on, all the people that would miss her...and (potentially) saved her life. I think Alacrity (Fiona) knows somewhat about this whole situation, but for the rest of you...this is just another one of my friends who's going through a major bout of depression and suicidal thoughts, so therefore when she finally lost it totally the other night, I kept her on the phone and floored it out there, which is an hour normally...I did it in 28 minutes, and calmed her down until I could get her best friend from school to come over for the rest of the night...this was at 2 am or so... So people, take my word for it...it can be stopped...if you truely care about the person and if you're dedicated enough, you can make a difference.

7. rosanna

well whenever i got into a suicidal situation, i never had anyone there to try to stop me, only my parents who found out afterwards one time and love telling me that i am insane...
    it got so bad that whenever i feel like that anymore i just don't tell anyone, telling people just hurts me more.

8. forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

Aww... :hugz: i'm sorry...i think i know that kinda situation.... <_<

9. thoughtless_kid

thoughtless_kid New Member

I tried 2 commit suicide the other day and woz sik 4 a week and I havnt gt over it @ all bt im nt gonna try again it really isnt worth it. I woz pukin up everywhere n every1 jst thought it woz a bug nt tht i had taken an overdose. It really suked n im still nt back 2 normal. my life isnt gd bt its gettin slowly better. jst dnt do it coz like very1 else has sed it is NOT worth it x

10. AlwaysThinkinaboutLinkin

AlwaysThinkinaboutLinkin Banned

SUICIDE......

I have often found myself thinking towards that too, but I don't think i would ever do that, and neither should you. I am your mommy and i will tell you what is right and what isn't so listen up. Suicidal thoughts lead to suicidal actions. DO YOU WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE??? no? Then do something about it.

11. AlwaysThinkinaboutLinkin

by the way. Commiting suicide is a felony and you will be arrested.
    WHAT WOULD YOUR MOMMY THINK IF YOU WERE PUT IN JAIL FOR KILLING YOURSELF???
    :lol:

12. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

:wth:

Weird.

By the way, the friend that I had to save the other day is fine now. I've managed to semi-pull her out of her depression as well...all good stuff...

13. AlwaysThinkinaboutLinkin

:wth:

Weird.

By the way, the friend that I had to save the other day is fine now. I've managed to semi-pull her out of her depression as well...all good stuff... [/b][/quote]
    O'c'mon...it was meant to be funny...HAHA
    A little laugh for the depressed?
    I thought it was a knee slapper.
    I hope i don't get arrested if i killed myself...
    ANOTHER KID

14. Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Double posting AGAIN. There's something called and 'Edit' button you know. Use it.

15. rosanna

yeah attempted suicide is a crime, but they cannot punish you if you actually succeed, so that is a moot point.

anyway, the last thing desperate people think about when they are trying to end it all is whether or not they will get arrested when they survive.

16. Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Naw, it won't even cross their mind. :wth:

Anyway, again I must say, I find suicide quite pointless. Well, I guess that's because I haven't been through half the $hit other people have been through.

17. Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

Two years ago there was a student from our school who commited suicide. Everyone was really shocked, because our school's not big and almost everybody knows each other. It was said, that he didn't have friends and he was not very open to other people. I think this is really sad... :(
    It's not worth killing yourself. I always think about the great moments in life that I would miss. Everyone only gets one chance to live, so don't just give it away, when you only have a bad phase in life. It sounds simple, but keep on thinking positive, because better times will come!

18. rosanna

someone did that here too. i did not know him it was before we got here, but that did not open people's minds to the stigma of suicide.

19. iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

i tried to kill myself when i was 7 if i had done it i would have never met people i loved, havent done things i became passionate about. i have been bullied, beaten up, raped, i still would go thru it, all that #### gave me powerful gift, becoming a warrior, never giving up, pushing thru all problems in my life, i am well past my teens, and i telll you one problems gets resolved, another appears, but take them as a challenge, to solve them, to say goodbye to them and be strong with dealing with the next lot. use it to find who you are, what is real within you, finding YOU is the greatest gift you have, all that happens to you tests who you are, taking it as a progress to liberate yourself from all conditioning, all your pain. the ability to feel sorrow also gives you ability to feel joy. i would hate to be happy all the time, i would hate not to be confronted with my dark sides or darks sides of those i love, because i would be bored, i would be deprived of fighting for light in my darkness. i would be living my life dead. i still feel suicidal, but its just the way i feel, instead of going to top myself,i just allow myself to feel everything i am going thru, i phone up a friend, go see a friend, or my boyfriend, whoever is around to be there for me and who listens to me and who is honest to tell me what he feels about my situation, not trying to fix it, but just giving me feedback on reality that i might not see from my standpoint.... i give myself a chance to turn around the giving up attitude into hell no, i am here till death will take me in time i am fated to go, not by my own hand. after all, i had near death experience (accident, not self inflicted) and would tell you, you'd just live it all again till you learn your life lesson anyway, so if you want to go thru it again, .... i would not. i treasure the moments of my life, but i want to move on, i dont want to go back and back and back.'cos i think what can i do to live my life totaly, and that is being in the present and giving it all you got, so you can be exited about what happens to you in future. and yes, there would be a lot of people who would miss you. we are all One and whole existence would miss you. because its still time for you to be here. and people care even when we dont care about ourselves and we project this feeling around us, ie i feel like nobody loves me, i project it out, i start believing my own self lie, look out for truth. be aware of your feelings and learn to own them, then you'd know that even when you are low, even when you loose self love and self respect, it doesnt mean others see you in the same light like you do, they dont. there is always someone out there to love you, to respect you. might not be the person youd expect or want to, but if you look you are getting love & respect, does not matter from whom. i remember as a kid, this new kid started playing with me and my bullies at that time told him lies about me, but he stood by me, he stood up to them for me, he cared, but i left, i was so ashamed, so hurt, i was full of my own interpratation of the event, that i have left somebody who cared about me so much, who gave me respect and love. today i think back and see that i wanted love and respect from my bullies, i thought nobody cares about me,because somebody decided to make a target of their lack of self love and respect, that they were dumping their feelings etc on me and i did not have to take it out of self deception and i let that blind me into believing that nobody cares about me, that i was treated wrong eclipsed that i was also treated right, that there was also good caring guys around me, not just those that gave me pain and , and that the love and respect i received from unexpected side was what i needed, what i wanted. its self sabotage. and we all do it at some point or another, but the aim is to learn from it.

20. rosanna

people say that people dont think about the permanence of suicide. i do, that is the only thing holding me back. i know that things wont get better, but i think, what if they do? i wont know because i will be dead, and things might be better but it would be too late.