are video games to blame?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by devilrocker, Aug 16, 2004.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

No, but a lot of people have such a tendency to hide the real issue behind anything they can because the real issue is uglier. And the real issues are peer pressure, abuse (of any kind), poverty, negligence...but some people would just rather blame it on something as idiotic as video games. It pisses me off.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

b0B_th3_Bl0b

b0B_th3_Bl0b Banned

NO!!
    Video games are cool, and people are NOT stupid enough to actually attempt the things that characters do in video games!!

*leaves*

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

there are okay some of them

FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

Hmm.. well kids may see things that are violent.. but i don't really think that's the cause of it..
    I mean.. Look at the world.. If a kid turns on the Televison all you see is war.. violence.. and the people around them...
    so i don't think so.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sorry but games are meant to entertain people,not turn them into criminals.If they go out and be violent its their choice to do so and I'm almsot 90% sure its not to do with a video game at all

This topic made me laugh and I'm extrmely depressed at the moment :lol: :( :lol: :(

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

I think that there are no video games that make normal people say: "Hey, let's shoot someone!" :rolleyes:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Unless something tells you directly to kill/hurt/mame something, if you are triggered by video games to kill, there's something wrong with you

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i am like a doom addict lately but it's not giving me any weird ideas to go out and kill people.

FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

well who is so stupid to get influance from a video game? just turn on the tv kids!

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Just because I play...say...GTA3...doesn't mean I'm going to have a sudden urge to go shooting random people, bashing hookers over the head with a baseball bat, and stealing dozens and dozens of cars. I'm so sick and tired for video games taking the blame. It's an easy out for people who don't wanna admit that yes, there just may be something f*cked up with THEIR kid. So they blame video games, and all the hysterical mothers around the world instantly join forces to attempt to make the world a perfect, family-friendly, G-rated paradise. Face it people, everyone enjoys playing violent games sometimes because it lets them have an outlet for all the pent-up rage they've got inside. Take away video games, and I guarantee people'll start shooting people for real, instead of capping baddies in Silent Scope.

Now gimme my quarters. That boss still has a life point left.

mia_lp

mia_lp Well-Known Member

maybe it doesn;t mean that, but video games leave a vivid imprint on one's mind and can formulate and mould one's thinking. This is the same with music. Like, death metal, and evil satan related stuff, it has a deep imprint on one's personality.
    for example, the dudes who did the shooting at comlumbine, were realted to as goths. and i am not being stereotypical and saying that all goths are capable of that or would even think of doing that.

it's just that stuff like video games are dangerous. but not all get affected at the same time. and mabe not as seriously. yeah, you guys are saying that it doesn't affect you. fair enough. but somewhere in the world rright now, kids are getting affected. and even adults... and yeah, they do have something wrong with their heads to do something as crazy as kill someone or point a gun at someone. this is the sad thing, that things, like that, although rare are happening and the video games are to blame. sure might not be the primary reason for it, but they do play an important and at times a dangerous role in one's life.

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

No. Unless if you're below 6 or have a low IQ.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

No they weren't, they were computer guys who loved to play doom. They were also picked on frequently.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

No, they shouldnt be blamed.

They're made for entertainment not for being blamed on.

mia_lp

mia_lp Well-Known Member

No they weren't, they were computer guys who loved to play doom. They were also picked on frequently. [/b][/quote]
    really? ooops sorry

even better. they were computer geeks wo played too many violent computer games (NOTE: violent). who maybe were a 'little bit' over the age of 6 and maybe had a bit higher IQ.

but yeah, that was just an example. and it's really sad.

and of course not everyone who has played violent video games are gonna go mad, off their planet and kill people... or monkeys for that matter...

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

Video games aren't to blame. Shooting a person using a video controller, or your mouse doesn't mean you're going to go do it to a real person. That whole theory was probably just made up by some mom who didn't want to believe her son/daughter was capable of killing someone.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

really? ooops sorry

even better. they were computer geeks wo played too many violent computer games (NOTE: violent). who maybe were a 'little bit' over the age of 6 and maybe had a bit higher IQ.

but yeah, that was just an example. and it's really sad.

and of course not everyone who has played violent video games are gonna go mad, off their planet and kill people... or monkeys for that matter... [/b][/quote]
    So if I love to play on the PC and play doom im a computer geek?
    So what you mean that if I love to play on the Xbox and play Halo im a Xbox geek?

Okay

They must've been around the 12/14 years because it was HIGH school. And i have no idea about the IQ test ;)

kenthebear

kenthebear Member

I never tthought that Video Games cause violance.

Manhunt Banned: The damn kid who killed someone was 17. Last time I checked, Manhunt is a 18. So why the hell was he playing it? It was obvious he was a retarded weirdo, so why let him play 18 games?

matttheskwirl14

matttheskwirl14 Well-Known Member

No way u don't see me running around shooting people and running them over with cars