parents fight to let their baby live

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by ChooseYourPoison, Oct 8, 2004.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

>>souce<<

Personally I think that's wrong. If her own parents want the child to live, then they should do everything in their power to keep their child living.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

I dont know what to think....the baby might be in a lot of pain, but so are the parents :unsure:.

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

Wow, poor Charlotte. I say let her die. There's not much of a chance for her.

jazzyrose

jazzyrose Active Member

I understand why they don't want to let her go, because there may be a chance that she will turn around and they would feel so guilty and what if that it would haunt them.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I can see why they don't want to give up on their daughter but they really do need to just let her go. I can only imagine how hard it must be for them though. Being ressusitated 3 time already though....i agree with the doctors though. I'd rather put the poor girl out of her misery :(

jazzyrose

jazzyrose Active Member

I personally don't know how a parent can go on living after losing a child. I think it would just hurt to bad all the time.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

she needs to die. the parents are having all these hopes that she will get better and she won't. they should suffer now instead of prolonging the agony. i am sorry, but she is not going to get better, they do not need to suffer any more than they already have. and why would they want her to go through all that pain?

jazzyrose

jazzyrose Active Member

I don't think they think about it like that. I think if you think about it it does sound selfish to keep her alive but as a mom i don't know if I could ever just give up hope.

rosanna

i know it is hard for them, but sometimes things have to be done. i guess, since i have gone through this like 4 times (not with a newborn though, just waiting for cancer or something to kill someone) it is different for me. but i know that they are in a better place, even though i am atheist, i know that they aren't hurting anymore, so there is no pain for them now. i would rather just end the pain than try to hope for something that will never happen.

jazzyrose

jazzyrose Active Member

You are very stong.

rosanna

thank you.

it never gets easier but you realize that keeping the person alive for you is selfish, and it's not doing anything for them. you realize that they might not be able to live, whether you want them to or not.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

To play the other side:

Its terrible that the child is in this position and from the parents' perspective they don't want to give up. Perfectly understandable. I'm pretty sure the majority of the problem is not the doctors saying "It probably won't make a difference" as much as it is "We don't have the funds to keep her alive indefinately". Its a horrible situation to be in, but its unlikely in my mind that the parents are paying for all this treatment. It either was coming from insurance, or the hospital was paying for it. If it was insurance, the insurance company will have backed out by now since it would be costing them too much money, and if it was the hospital, they're worried about their own funds. I'm not saying either side is right or wrong, but that's likely the situation.

Can anyone else say National Health Care?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Miracles happen, and I'm sure that the child will be able to recover. There was another case with a one pound baby, and now that kid is something like, 3 years old now? I can't remember.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

im almost positive a this baby will never be able to recover. i think these parents are being way too optimistic. if you keep thinking everything will be okay under circumstances like these, youre going to be depressed. just because you want something to happen, doesnt mean it will. you have to accept that things arent always going to turn out in a positive way. i completely agree with rosanna, its selfish and you have to realize when theres nothing you can do. it just brings much more suffering.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Thats very cynical of you, but I was thinking the exact same thing. Which is partly why I'm not sure that they should end the baby's life. Plus, you hear stories of premature babies coming through it all the time.

rosanna

would you want the child to suffer for the rest of her life in the hope that something might happen to make her better? what if it doesn't? she should not have to suffer like this, she did not do anything, she should not have to be punished. just end it. she will be better off.

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

She can't even breath. Maybe it's just better to let her die. She could/would have a lot of pain, the parents have to understand that.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

would you want the child to suffer for the rest of her life in the hope that something might happen to make her better? what if it doesn't? [/b][/quote]
    Thats the risc you have to take if you want to let your son/daughter live. Im sure that Id let it live as long as possible. And if you say you want to put it out of his/her misery, then i know you're lying.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I'd do whatever I can to keep that baby alive. I know it's not a great chance for the poor girl to live but seriously...

Imagine if it was you. A product of you and your husband/wive's love...and you're gonna let someone tell YOU how to take care of YOUR child? You would do whatever you could, just to see them grow up, marry and have kids of their own.

And, another thing; imagine if you were the baby. You'd be happy that your parents let you live and you got to live out the life you have now, instead of just being alive for a short time and not experiencing anything.

Now, think about that and try to say that you'd let the baby die.

I didn't think so.

But yeah, its a risk of letting that baby live and having it die after all, but wouldn't you do anything for your kids?

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

i would much rather die than having to dependently live off of mediactions, having air supply connected to me, being constantly hospitalized, and all that for the rest of my life. like horses for instance, if they break one of their legs then they have to be euthenized because they would be suffering. its worse with this baby but much more extreme. it cant even breathe by itself. but yeah, the selfish parents would rather have their baby suffocate all the time for the fact that they want to see her get married and crap. what lovely parents.