NHL Shutdown?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by NofxPants, Oct 10, 2004.

mp066

mp066 Well-Known Member

amen to that! GO LEAFS GO!

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Hockey is such a funny thing in Montreal...

- During regular season, most people don't give a damn about it.

- Then, playoffs arrive. If Les Canadiens aren't in, we don't give a ####. If they're in, it's teh complete opposite.

- If the second case happens, everybody goes crazy. We think about changing our national quote for ''Go Habs Go'' instead of ''Je me souviens'' Normal teenagers organise special evening to watch Hockey games. Everybody drinks, everybody's drunk, everybody's happy.

- We hate The Bruins a bit more everyday. Fans of them are murdered on the spot or banned of any social events (which are all linked to Hockey)

- We consider Les Canadiens as heroes because they won the first turn. We're convinced the Stanley Cup is in Montreal this year.

- The Lightning wins the second turn. Some people will cry for a big 20 seconds.

- The next day, we act as if we don't care, saying: ''Anyway, I personally didn't think they could make it.'' and justify ourselves by telling that if The Lightning won, it was, after all, because of Vincent LeCavallier, fellow Quebecker.

And it begins over every year. Ah the wonderful world that is Hockey. :rolleyes:

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Haha, isn't it? It's still not done, too...it's sure takin a while :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Haha, isn't it? It's still not done, too...it's sure takin a while :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I would move it, but you guys just won't seem to listen. Therefore this is staying here until you realize that you need to stop advising us how to do our jobs.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/index....ST&f=94&t=13270

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

This is offtopic but: I bought an awesome 2005 calendar with Czech NHL players! (w00t) :D

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

This is a really crappy move on behalf of the NHL and NHLPA. I mean just when ratings were starting to pick up in the USA. I mena now they are doing this, there probably won't be an NHL season for a year and ratings are going to fall hugely from where they were when ended last season.

I mean professional sports are getting ridiculous anyways with all these high saliries and crap. But for the case of the NHL as opposed to other sports is that they are loosing alot of money, so something has to be done.

matttheskwirl14

matttheskwirl14 Well-Known Member

no i just enjoy the nhl and thats the closest team to me.