Fathers-4-Justice

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jamie, Oct 2, 2004.

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

If you live in the UK, your bound to know of Fathers-4-Justice.

For those who don't...here's the low down...

Basically, a married couple with children get divorced, and the father gets the rights to see the children, but the mother won't let him. They then go to court over it and find out that the judges are powerless to make the mother let the fathers see the children.
    So there are campaigns/protests being held all over the country, I joined one of them the other day to get the law changed. The current law has stood for 30 years.

Personally I think it should change, it might not affect me or you now, but it might happen to any of us.

Whats your opinion?

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

man that really sucks. wheres the justice in that?? its just morally wrong. if the father is innocent, if hes in the bad then i suppose the law works and i guess thats why it was written in the first place- to protect the kids from their mean nasty horrible father who drank and cheated on his wife and abused them- why else would the couple get a divorce?? every mother is a caring person who does the cooking cleaning entertains her darling husbands guests belongs to the book club etc. yes of course the woman is the victim here, and you must never take a child from its mother, for she knows BEST.

so am i right in assuming that if a couple gets a divorce the mother AUTOMATICALLY gets the children?? there isnt even a question over custody rights?? and if the father gets to have the kids im very interested to know if the mother is allowed to see them even if the father doesnt want her to.

i can understand why that law is there because men do have a tendency to be the guilty ones in these situations (sorry guys, no hard feelings) and if the father was genuinely a nasty piece of work then that law would be quite helpful in protecting the mum and kids,but isnt that whats a restraining orders for?? and its just not really fair on the other majority of fathers who just want to see their kids and their wives are malicous cows.

sadly thats the way it is these days.

FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

ye.. my parents are divorced and my mom didn't let my father see us. well untill this day I never met him. And i don't to either. Piece of #### he is.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

"Tunnelvision" usually does not let you see all angles of your surroundings, and I believe it somehow has leached into your cranium because you are one hell of a close-minded person. :rolleyes:

What the hell is this? You're using terribly inaccurate stereotypes to justify the fact that all men are wrong and should not be allowed to see their own children? People often divorce because the romantic flame is no longer there, and over money. Not every divorce is because "men do have a tendency to be the guilty ones in these situations", women can cheat on their husbands, become alcoholics and drug users and cause divorces too! And don't give me that "no hard feelings" crap because it is incredibly offensive that you consider men to be the scum of the earth and that women are the perfect people. There are good and bad sides of the people in each gender, you can't go around saying stereotypically inaccurate things about a certain gender. We are all humans, we are all equal, and we ALL have the tendancy to be good or bad people.

You are quite possibly the most confusing person on these forums. You keep contradicting yourself in your post so we have no clue what your viewpoint on the situation is! Pick a stance, elaborate, and stop asking aloud rhetoric that only boggles the mind and makes you look brainless.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Stereotypes, all I see is stereotypes. Try to justify yourself better next time.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

I think he was being sarcastic :unsure:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Serious, then sarcastic, then serious again. It's a massive post of contradictions and foolishness.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

What do I think of when I think of Fathers-4-Justice?

Batman....nananananananana Batman.... :lol:

That was the perfect stunt :D

FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

Stereotypes, all I see is stereotypes. Try to justify yourself better next time. [/b][/quote]
    I agree.

Jamie

That all you got to say on a serious topic like this?

I agree though, batman and robin are involved alot

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

That all you got to say on a serious topic like this?

I agree though, batman and robin are involved alot [/b][/quote]
    Wow, just trying to add somewhat of a lighter side to things...

Jeez...

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

i agree that fathers should not be prevented from seeing their children provided they are not abusers of their kids, i think court should not give kids to fathers automatically, father of my kid is a junkie, i more or less chase him to have contanct with her, i have not many problems with him seeing her, but she would not be ok to live with him permanently, he could not look after her as he cant do that even for himself, plus he is mentally unstable. court might have to consider which parent is more suited because i also know of mothers who neglect or abuse their kids. if the couple are preventing each other from seeing the kids not on serious bases like abuse, then the court should make it possible for the side that is prevented from to see them. its not in interest of kid that they parents use them as a puppet for revenge on each other.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i think the father should have a right to help raise the children. being raised without a father myself, i know what it is like, and it sucks. really.

actually i think that the children should have a choice, and seeing your father once every two weeks is not doing anything. this is why all these kidnapping things happen, cuz the parents can't see the kids and they have to break the law to see them. that is sad.

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

look, im real sorry if i offended anyone, i was just stating my opinions and trying to see both sides as i tend to do. i guess i just put a little too much emphasis on the wrong side. it seriously wasnt my intent to basicly assume all fathers under stereotypes in fact that was the opposite of my intent, i cant stand stereotypes.in fact i was actually acting FOR the fact fathers should see their children. and my name TUNNELVISION actually is referring to this society we live in, not to me myself, cos really im anything but. kind of a sarcastic irony hey.so again im real sorry for anything that offended anybody it was real horrible to find that out and read all the angy responses to my post....
    thanks for pointing that out to me......
    the fact of the matter is that my parents are divorced, and it was actually my mum who left my father under the most ridiculous of circumstances, and he WAS the victim of that outcome, she even got him fired from one of the few jobs he actually qualifies for and is now on a sickness benefit as the laws have changed and his qualifications mean nothing anymore. so im not naive, i have been there, and i do know what im talking about even if my first post suggests otherwise.
    :( i was just trying to see both sides of the coin as in these sticky situations theres a right and a wrong and you just have to decide which is which to you.
    (sorry again)

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

friend of my mums ex husband was a lawyer so he pulled everystring he knew to get custody of their kids after he left her for another woman and will not let her see the kids, and talks lies about her to them so they would not wish to see her. there are cases like that too.
    you cannot really stereotype, all cases are individual and courts should have rights to decide in best interest of kids not in best interest of parents who might not be responsible enough to put their kids interest first but their anger at a ex spouse.
    there are also a lot of parents who dont prevent the other from seeing their kid and are happy to make compromise so their kids get the best out of situation.

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

these people are from where i live! i beleive in what they are doing but they shouldnt have gone in "al guns blazing" if you see what i mean. They should have written letters ect, at the rate they are going they are going to end up in jail, then they wont be able to see thier childeren.

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

they were in my home town today, blackpool...

...they climbed the big one :eek:

these guys are absolutely barking mad.

edit: their stunts, not what they stand for

Jamie

They're everywhere....one of them ran to be the next MP for Hartlepool a few weeks back..