Which is better?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hollowtubes, Oct 14, 2004.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Out of those choices I pick Half-Life.

I think Halo is way overrated. I agree with Will about the amount of guns carried but come on, you can't deny (Bungie admits it) that the Pistol is a freaking high-powered death machine. It's the best weapon in the game. Other than the first person I don't think it's that fun. The respawn in the game is crap. Me and my friends frequently respawn 2 or 3 times right where we died just to get blasted with a rocket.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

It's running off the HL2 physics engine. It's much more than a candy coating. There's elements of realism in it. Like the flashbangs make your ears ring and your vision blurred. In cs_office you can shoot anything. You can blow apart a computer and see the video card fly out. You can knock over a garbage pail and crumpled up paper goes everywhere. It's really awesome. I recommend it.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

It's running off the HL2 physics engine. It's much more than a candy coating. There's elements of realism in it. Like the flashbangs make your ears ring and your vision blurred. In cs_office you can shoot anything. You can blow apart a computer and see the video card fly out. You can knock over a garbage pail and crumpled up paper goes everywhere. It's really awesome. I recommend it. [/b][/quote]
    I'm just saying that it's the same overall Counter-Strike experience, you still have hackers, same weapons, all the good old CS options you had before. This will probably change over time, I know, but I'm just saying it feels pretty much the same to me, who's been playing CS for 5 years.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

HALO!!!! (w00t)

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Counter-Strike for sure, im not a huge Halo fan. Counter-Strike is just too addicting.

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

sorry but it has to be counter strike, I mean how long has that game been out and its still one of the top rated games, and it doesnt need heafty graphics or a super video card for someone to enjoy it. The important thing is the gameplay and I think counter strike out does Halo in that, if you want to give Halo some comp then rate it against unreal tournament

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I'm just saying that it's the same overall Counter-Strike experience, you still have hackers, same weapons, all the good old CS options you had before. This will probably change over time, I know, but I'm just saying it feels pretty much the same to me, who's been playing CS for 5 years.

4 [/b][/quote]
    Wow, it looks so much better on your PC. :lol:

I need a new computer. I have to run source windowed with lowest everything, and I still get 10fps. Damn you P3 450!

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks so much better on your PC. :lol:

I need a new computer. I have to run source windowed with lowest everything, and I still get 10fps. Damn you P3 450! [/b][/quote]
    you have a p3? WOW! dont play anything within the last 3 years, dang. CS gets my vote, CS is awesome multi-player and is the top one in the country, for a reason, now we have cs:s, with awesome graphics and physics, candy coated and alot more, CS kicks halos mp butt. Now for sp, halo, becuase, well, CS doesnt have sp, lol

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

No no no, not my PC, that's my friend's, I have a P3 1ghz, which I might be upgrading once I get a job.

xlpxreanimatedx

xlpxreanimatedx Member

I honestly LOVE Half-Life. I used to play that game so much.... I miss that game :mellow: haha I'm ok.

maverick

maverick Well-Known Member

I think Half-Life is better because of the modding options :p that keeps the game a life for a much longer periode :) and keeps it different

LPro

LPro Well-Known Member

Halo B)