The religious right strikes again

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Oct 18, 2004.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

And the keyword is some, not all.

As for myself, I could personally care less when it is.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Pfff.

I'm a religious person, but this is just stupid. Halloween is not satanic/evil (if it were, people should always be pissed about it, not only on Sunday, or is it that we just remember God Sundays?).

Halloween=Kids, Candy, Costumes (may be devils and witches, but would a little kid put on a Halloween costume to worship Satan?Or would he/she prefer some sweet candy?)

Look who's talking about being biased crap. I would ask the Pope about this, and he would also think this is bull. It's just some stupid extremist people that give all religions a bad name. It's not the religions' fault, it's the extremists'. Did you think Muslims were the only ones with extremism?? Think again.

Peace, and happy October 30th Halloween, kids.

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

My town paper had a write-up last week about whether or not they were going to move Halloween, and I think they are going to change it to Saturday. I don't really care whether they move it or not. I know when I was a kid, I didn't like having Halloween on a Sunday because I didn't like getting high on sugar and then having to get up and go to school the next day. I never looked at it from a religious standpoint, and I still don't. When religion gets in the way of kids getting candy and having fun, someone needs to step back and take a look at how stupid everyone is being. I really despise organized religion.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

thats f**king rediculous!

and all these towns are.....grrr.....for moving the holiday
    all well i get the monday after off anyway cuz it is Nevada day :p so i can party all night hehehehehe :D
    its great Nevada became a state on Halloween...no wonder we have "Sin City" here(lol jk)

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Fox News said so, so it must be true...

:lol:

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

umm...how about go to church in the morning and go trick-or-treating during night. Problem solved. Hey its not like you go to church for the whole day lol

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

cool, im from vegas, i forgot about nevada day :lol:

its really stupid how they change the day off of school, like if halloween is on a wednesday, they change nevada day's vacation to friday. that should be illegal. i say we should get wednedsay-friday off :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Unless you're Catholic ;)

j/k

Garfield

Garfield Well-Known Member

That #### is bull ****. Why would it be wrong for kids to have a little fun dressing up? The chourch is too much involved in everything. Halloween has nothing to do with the devil. In my country we officialy don't have Halloween but me and my friends usualy have a party. Am I a bad person for doing that? No, I'm not. If there is a God he knows who goes to chourch and who doesn't , but I think that what he realy looks is how good is someone towards others. Besides, today chourch has turned religion around. They are not concentrated on TOLARENTS & LOVE towards people. They only tell us that we do bad things so we have to go to chourc yada yada yada. If you look at the past people killed each other "for God and in His honor". Is that what Jesus teached us? NO! The chourch is against condoms, gay people and stuff like that, but did they said anything about KKK being a Christian organization? No, they didn't 'cause they don't care. The chourch has been takeing money from people who go to chourch and I bet that most preests are going to hell. (sorry if I speld some words wrong)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Churches have two services a day, you know. Atleast here in the Bible Belt they do.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Hence why I don't bother with it.