What kind of first single do you want?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by .Kevin, Oct 12, 2004.

?

What kind of first single do you want?

1. ballad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. rap track

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. usual (rap srceam)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. heavy rock song

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. light rock song

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. instumental

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. very electornic track

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    ayesha kahn

ayesha kahn Active Member

hey why r u saying that?
    :mike: is the only one who puts lp 2gether
    so avoid what u listen 4m others
    mike is the best
    he just rox

linkin_sylph

linkin_sylph Well-Known Member

Well.. that's really hard to decide. Maybe something decent and breath taking. I'm not saying that Linkin Park isn't decent :p But still, it'll be nice to hear some unique songs. :D

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I want a heavy rock start to the album, but I wouldn't mind a something like Breaking The Habit.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Instrumental. Different is good.

NofxPants

NofxPants Does your house have stairs?

I want there to be more Rapping. There's to much Chester and not enough Mike.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i voted for a rap track - however rap could mean a lot of things. how can u define rap? jay-z's 99 problems to will smith and willenium (sp<--) it is a genre that has no boundries IMO.

LP need to do something brand new, something that will shock people like how hybrid theory did to people way back when! something like papercut but again being different :mellow: if that makes sence to anyone..... well done ^_^

lovepad

lovepad New Member

:( I was sad that they didn't release 'Don't Stay' but would love to see a song with Chester and Mike both singing with a rap only on the bridge or no rap at all!!! And what about a guitar solo, a hook that will blow any other guitarist away. One of those hooks you never forget :rolleyes: There is so much potential that after the j zee project is over and they get back to studio they should just let ripp. They have worked with so many people on the project revolution tour this year. I think the next one will be more of a rocket than hybrid or meteora. I hope they work with the likes of metalica. They will evolve and hopfully in the years to come be one of those strong metal bands with a wicked history that everyone will acknowledge 20 albums on :chemist:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

As much as i love Linkin Park, i dont want an 8 song album with songs of 7/8 minutes :p

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

For being Linkin Park fans a lot of people on this site want little or no rap in their first single. To me not having enough of a hip hop influence is what made Meteora bad. They had to cram all of the unwanted hip-hop into one song. "Nobody's Listening" to the rap anymore.

I think they need a single with every facet of Linkin Park. They have to show that the whole band has changed and not just "Mike can rap faster" or "Chester can scream harder". Seeing a really heavy song with Chester screaming like never before may be good, but it won't make me want to buy the CD.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

It'll probably be a ballad, something like Crawling/Pushing Me Away type.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

I want to see Linkin Park make a first single with a lot of energy. Maybe with a little piano line and a guitar solo. Putting a piano to a fast paced rock song would be weird but it would sound cool.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Something like TRUSTcompany - Downfall, and then the guitar of that and Chester on top of that. The guitars are the whole song that way. Mike is yelling/rapping the lyrics in the hard guitars

Hard to explain, but if its going to be like that it will kick a Chinese donkey's arse

Mastersquidwardo

Mastersquidwardo Active Member

what you descirbe is almost just like xero better rap heavier guitar more screaming [/b][/quote]
    xero? i don't see any resemblence between what he describes and xero but i'm an ABCD, so that proves it :p anyhow heavier sounds would be for the better, but i know plenty of people who hate heavy metal, screaming that kinda stuff, and they only like linkin park because it is not too extreme in all that. I think the sales will be a LOT less if they have super heavy, but still it's a good idea =) (w00t)

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

First single needs to make the statement, "LP is back, with their distinct LP sound, but with something new, old schools, and better, buy this album foo!"

Start the song off with a really heavy intro by guitar, kind of like "Hit the Floor" but more complex and a bit catchy like "Faint", so hard hitting and semi-catchy [remember, first singles are designed to sell the album best!] That will last for 30 seconds, then guitar will drop off to background as Joe lays down a beat like a pure rap song, that will have you "Touching you chin to your chest to the rhythm like this!" As Mike raps semi-reminiscent of "Fuse", fast, awesome, confusing non-strait-forward writing, awesome word usage, and over all his best and least used rap style. The verse should last 40 seconds, kind of long but awesome, in middle of the verse have Chester eerily whisper words, make sound like a horror movie whisper, or like what he does in the live version of "Papercut".

The choirs starts up, guitar comes in heavy like the intro and backs up Chester with a fierceness [rap beat drops out] ; as he scream/sings like "Faint", with Mike totally silent through it all, no add ins by him. Should last 30 seconds.
    Guitar fades again to background as Joe takes over our bodies and smacks us around with a totally awesome yet dark beat, as Mike shows us why Jay-Z likes him so much, same style as first verse, 40 seconds long.

Then back to the choirs, same as before, but repeat twice, last around 40 seconds, then die down to a different but similar beat that the choruses had, as Chester whispers angry words in-between the beats stop points, then the beat blends with guitar that works its way to the forefront, and ultimately takes over with Chester then screaming as evil as he sounds in "Hit the Floor", popping a vain almost, last around 20 seconds, then back to the choirs; but the choirs is a wee-bit different this time, after Chester made us wet our pants with his screaming, he returns to the choirs as before, but with mike adding in parts like he does in "A Place For My Head". The song repeats the choirs only once, 30 seconds long, and then the Chester/Mike team stop singing and the guitar and beat carry off the rest of the 15 seconds together, equally loud.

Both stopping every few seconds, like this, "duhh duhh duhh [stop] duhh duhh duhh [stop] duhh duhh duhh [stop] duhh duhh duhh DUHH!![End of song] Whole song should last about 4:05, so kind of long, with hard as nails singing/guitar, awesome beat and rapping, saying this is old, new, and better LINKIN PARK IS BACK YALL! BUY THE AMAZING ALBUM! Next single should have something no one has heard from LP before, but first should be more or less like their older stuff.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

What I want? A rap track would be preferable. I like the work that LP has done on tracks like Hit The Floor with a hi-hop beat, try some new stuff. Like, have a sample similar to the Enjoy The Silence remix, then transition to the hip-hop beat. I want to see how far LP can push the boundaries. If they're all about breaking down limitations and genres, do it!

You know what else'd be cool? A slow tempo track. And when I mean slow, I mean SLOOOOOOOOW. With either accoustic guitar or muted electric guitar of something like that, and have Mike and Chester sing during the chorus. They do chilling harmonies, as we've seen in Live In Texas when they do 'P5hng.'

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

BOy, thats a lot of thought and planning.

john_vla

john_vla Member

Heavy Rock song :chaz:

aeris

aeris Well-Known Member

Heavy Rock Song, I think. It would blow everyone's mind so they'd have to buy the album :lol:.

kasey_rocks

kasey_rocks New Member