Age Gaps

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Cal, Aug 25, 2004.

?

No question avaiable to import.

1. Same Age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 Year Gap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 Year Gap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3 Year Gap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 4 Year Gap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I agree with the fact that if someone is under 18, there shouldn't be more than a 2-3 year gap, but I know someone who's dating a 15 year old and he's 21. They're fine together, but I guess every situation is different

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

I think that 1 to 2 years gap is fin

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

ditto

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

My ex-crush (almost GF) ditched me for no apparent reason, right as she made me feel that she was in love with me. I finally found the reason - - I'm not old enough to buy her cigarettes. She's 16, and now going out with/having meaningless sex with a 26 year old guy just so he'll buy her the smokes that she wants. Until I found that out, I didn't even know she smoked.....he can have her...

My ex is almost 17, and she was dating a 13 year old...who asked her if she'd have sex with him on day 2....

My other ex is still on a tear, going through 18 and 19 year old guys like water. She's 15. Already had a pregnancy scare, and came to me for advice.

My crush (as of last year, and still now) is 15 1/2, and going out with an 18 year old guy. It makes me mad that he won't allow her to hang out with me (those are his words) even though she wants to, and made her change who she was just to be with him. And yet she stays with him, even though she gripes about it all the damn time. It kills me inside to see her go through all that, especially since I wouldn't do any of that...

Yeah, I have a pretty messed up social life...but you probably all knew that ages ago :lol:

salinameteora

salinameteora Well-Known Member

if something is meant to be AGE doesnt even enter into it! and as for the "under 18 no more than 2-3yr thing" lol My parents have been together 34yrs and there is a 13yr age difference.My mum was 15 when she met my dad who was 28 with an ex wife and 4 kids.They are still together which is more than the majority of couples who were nearer the same age as each other p.s Smashpilot hang in there coz all things do come to those who wait! :)

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

My parents have a 10 year age difference and they are fine..sometimes!

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i think that as age increases, the severity of a large age gap decreases. i think that an 11 yr old and an 20 yr old shoudl go out. but there are a lot of couples out there w/ a 9 yr age gap, and it isnt sucha big deal.
    and yes, love is an important part to any relationship, whether it be btn you and your dog or you and ur lover. to make a relationship work, there has to be love.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

I've had two relationships. Both of them were a two-year gap (both were 2 years younger). Needless to say, I think we all know how that all turned out... Anyways, I don't think it's that much of a deal, although the girl I was about to go out with (she's 16, I'm 17) just ditched me and is now dating a 26 year old...who works at 7-11 and dropped out of school in grade 11... :wth:

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

@ SmashPilot
    damn! im sry. that is pretty f-ed up imo.
    i really dot thing that 10 yrs difference is appropriate if one member is below....like 24

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

Considering that my girlfriend is (soon) 18 and I'm 22, I voted for four years. That's pretty much as far as I'd go. Although I'm attracted to guys who are my brothers age (27 going on 28) and higher (Brad Pitt :blush: - but he's the only one).