The Return of the King Extended Edition

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Doctor, Nov 10, 2004.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

A new, high-res trailer for the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Special Extended Edition has been released. It shows the first clips of (highlight, spoilers) The Mouth of Sauron and Gandalf vs. the Witchking. Click here to download.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

This is gonna be awesome, isn't there like another 50 minutes of movies added to this version?

The Doctor

Watch the trailer.

Nah, I dont think itll be that long. :lol:

Ryan

Watch the trailer.

Nah, I dont think itll be that long. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Sorry i'm just used to having a dial up connection, so i would generally never bother trying to watch those things.

The Doctor

Ohh, thats a shame, the Mouth of Sauron definitely makes me want this dvd. Hes got the bloody, scarred mouth and the demonic voice, oh he will be good.

Ryan

Yah that does look wicked, i wonder why he wouldn't ahve used that scene in the original one. I mean after all the whole story is about trying to defeat Sauron, so oyu would think he would at least show the bad guy once.

The Doctor

Yah that does look wicked, i wonder why he wouldn't ahve used that scene in the original one. I mean after all the whole story is about trying to defeat Sauron, so oyu would think he would at least show the bad guy once. [/b][/quote]
    They showed the "bad guy" a lot. The Eye of Sauron. Thats all thats left of Saurons spirit until he could get the Ring. The Mouth of Sauron is the Eye's messenger. He is described as a human who was blinded (hence the metal over his face) and his mouth was deformed and broken because of all the evil he spoke from Sauron.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

I cannot wait for this to come out, although I'll have to wait awhile when it comes out anyway since I'm asking for it for Christmas. Mom is nagging me constantly to make a Christmas list.

Ryan

They showed the "bad guy" a lot. The Eye of Sauron. Thats all thats left of Saurons spirit until he could get the Ring. The Mouth of Sauron is the Eye's messenger. He is described as a human who was blinded (hence the metal over his face) and his mouth was deformed and broken because of all the evil he spoke from Sauron. [/b][/quote]
    Hmm yah I guess i should ahve finished reading the books, I only got 2/3rds of the way through The Two Towers.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Those corporate bastards... They wait until everyone has the 1st release, then they release this, with a little more added to it, so they can make more money. As if they don't have enought money as it is.

The Doctor

Umm no. Peter Jackson had the idea of doing it. They did it with all 3 movies. He did it for the LotR fans who wanted to see more of the movies. He actually took the idea from lots of emails New Line got saying that they wanted to see missing parts. Dont get so angry about it.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

im am glad they re did that black gate scene and put the mouth of sauron in there. he shoulda been in the original. but i did read someplace that there was round 50 minutes of extra footage. cant wait til it comes out!

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

after seeing the trailer..i'm actually starting to look forward to watching lotr once again! ;)

Neil

Umm no. Peter Jackson had the idea of doing it. They did it with all 3 movies. He did it for the LotR fans who wanted to see more of the movies. He actually took the idea from lots of emails New Line got saying that they wanted to see missing parts. Dont get so angry about it. [/b][/quote]
    Why wouldn't they just put all that on the original release? I tell you, they release more than one DvD for a movie, then it's all about the money.

The Doctor

Why wouldn't they just put all that on the original release? I tell you, they release more than one DvD for a movie, then it's all about the money. [/b][/quote]
    Because Peter Jackson is a big fan of special edition dvds. He even says it in a commercial for the Fellowship of the Ring EE. Dont get so bent out of shape because he wants to do something special. You dont know everything.

Neil

Because Peter Jackson is a big fan of special edition dvds. He even says it in a commercial for the Fellowship of the Ring EE. Dont get so bent out of shape because he wants to do something special. You dont know everything. [/b][/quote]
    I never said I knew everything. I just think it's bullshit how they make so many releases about the same movie that they know the fans will buy.

The Doctor

I never said I knew everything. I just think it's bullshit how they make so many releases about the same movie that they know the fans will buy. [/b][/quote]
    Oh my god just drop it. Youre making a big deal over this and its pointless.

Neil

Oh my god just drop it. Youre making a big deal over this and its pointless. [/b][/quote]
    Ok dropped. ^_^

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

(w00t)

*whippa*

I shall accomadate a spot on my wishlist for X-Mas. ^.^

The Doctor