Might happen again?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by sickcycle, Nov 6, 2004.

Ambient

Ambient Member

lol Hybrid Theory 3...dont jinx us!

Ofcorse I think that if Mike produced the next one it would be great. But I also think if Mike and Don could somehow Co-Produce it would be cool too. It kinda seems in a way that Don dosent have alot of knowlage with some of the "newer" ways of making music. Like turntables, In LPTV theres that part where Joe was talking about Don not knowing alot about scraching/sampling and what it was about so pretty much Mike and Joe had to develope all of that area on there own. I just have a gut feeling Don is kinda the same with Rap...but its just a feeling.

Basicly what im saying is that If Don and Mike Co-Produced it would be a possitive thing because you'd have Mike's imput on what the band wants to make and hear. Therefore, you'd have there music being more accurate to what they want to make. Also you would have Mike's talent and touch at producing Rap and other more modern alspects of LP's tyle. Don would inrich it buy his overall experiance and knowlage of producing. From what I understand, he's been doing for a long time.

Hope this makes enough sense...its late and i should get some rest :D
    (BTW im not new..my account just expired becuase I havent been on in a long time...sorry.)

The_Neo_13

The_Neo_13 Banned

Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Vote "NO" for gilmore.
    Go wakefield!!!!
    (I do hope he comes back to the band instead of sticking around with Taproot)

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I agree vote "NO".....if you want to ;)

Why I like Chester's singing?

Maybe Hybrid Theory was so good because of him...could be a possibilty!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Neo: He's their manager. Not a producer.

Don't mind him, Spiked. He's just throwing out inaccuracies.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

A lot of you make the assumption that Don Gilmore "ruined" Meteora but I find that hard to believe. I can vouch none of you were there for the writing/recording process and therefore know nothing behind the songs truthfully.

Of course Mike was a bit harder with his lyrics with The X-ecutioners / Handsome Boy Modeling school -- he had to keep up with them in terms of showing off his skills. He took it up a notch to prove he's worth being featured. If you think Mike holds back on Meteora I think it's his decision alone.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Maybe not, but I do know that more than half of Meteora sounded like Hybrid Theory. Many people will agree.

If it's not Gilmore's fault, then I'm willing to bet it is the band themselves who are fault. Maybe Warner Bros., but I'm putting my money on Gilmore, since the producer sometimes has more say on the music than the actual artists.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

And you know this how?

Linkin Park are one of the biggest things on Warner Bros. right now so I think they'd give them full control of their albums. They don't seem like the type of people who'd let the industry direct their sound, anyway.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Okay, let me ask you something.

How do you know that Producers don't have more control than the artists themsevles?

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Please don't answer my original question with another question. Answer me first.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't. Everything is speculation.

Now will you answer mine?

EDIT: I just had to add in a question.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I think you already did.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

B)

Mark

And you know this how?

Linkin Park are one of the biggest things on Warner Bros. right now so I think they'd give them full control of their albums. They don't seem like the type of people who'd let the industry direct their sound, anyway. [/b][/quote]
    Hah!

On the scale of control over an album;

Warner Bros > Don Gilmore > Linkin Park.

The fact that they're successful only gives the record companies more reason to contorl them to exploit their mainstream success over and over.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The fact that they're successful only gives the record companies more reason to contorl them to exploit their mainstream success over and over. [/b][/quote]
    Yep. I agree.

Most record companys will take an artist in the direction of their most established and succesfull singles. If an artist is releasing songs that are working for the record company in that they bring in the cash, the record company is going to push the band to make more songs that sound like their succesfull counter-parts.

The record company will probably try and stray away from taking an artists music in another direction, because it's not safe and they fear that it won't be as succesfull. It's just easier to stick to the norm.

It's a shame, but in most cases the truth. Sadly, Meteora is a prime example of this.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Hah!

On the scale of control over an album;

Warner Bros > Don Gilmore > Linkin Park.

The fact that they're successful only gives the record companies more reason to contorl them to exploit their mainstream success over and over. [/b][/quote]
    Of course, this is only assumption/opinion. There's no way we can know the truth when it comes to the album process.

Mark

Of course, this is only assumption/opinion. There's no way we can know the truth when it comes to the album process. [/b][/quote]
    Artists often complain about record companies controlling them. Korn, for instance, were being pressured to make a single-type song for "Take A Look In the Mirror", in which "Y'all Want A Single" was created. It's a common fact, based on band testimonies, that popular bands are given much less creative space than less successful bands.

Linkin Park were forced by Don Gilmore to write the chorus for SIB fourty times. That was a watered down chorus. The entire 'Meteora' album was watered down. Just take a look at the non-album songs the guys have created. "My December", "It's Going Down", "Rock and Roll..." are just some examples of great songs written by the band by themselves. The demos and EP were written by the band themselves. Those had the best lyrics. One of the main reason 'Hybrid Theory' was such a good lyrical album is because the pressure wasn't on to have continued commercial success because it wasn't there. It all comes down to the record companies,they make the last call. I mean, even Linkin Park's singles are chosen by WB.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Artists often complain about record companies controlling them. Korn, for instance, were being pressured to make a single-type song for "Take A Look In the Mirror", in which "Y'all Want A Single" was created. It's a common fact, based on band testimonies, that popular bands are given much less creative space than less successful bands.

Linkin Park were forced by Don Gilmore to write the chorus for SIB fourty times. That was a watered down chorus. The entire 'Meteora' album was watered down. Just take a look at the non-album songs the guys have created. "My December", "It's Going Down", "Rock and Roll..." are just some examples of great songs written by the band by themselves. The demos and EP were written by the band themselves. Those had the best lyrics. One of the main reason 'Hybrid Theory' was such a good lyrical album is because the pressure wasn't on to have continued commercial success because it wasn't there. It all comes down to the record companies,they make the last call. I mean, even Linkin Park's singles are chosen by WB. [/b][/quote]
    Genius Explanation Mark, Genius. (I'm being serious, not sarcastic :lol:)

redball

redball Member

yea but its all true, but then again, reanimation was released... which is how the band would have originally sounded....(listen to Xero tracks)...... and that was distributed by warner.... but they just had no promotion... haha.... man everybody knows LP has been screwed by they label.... i mean mike was talkin in an early interview before HT was released about dumbing down his lyrics to suit a younger audience.... thats why when u hear some of the demos there totally different from wat the final song was... (...AP4MH, in the end...) i think with the next album they might get abit more freedom.... i mean meteora was a 2nd album, im surprised breakin the habit or nobodys listening wasnt cut from it.... and dont stay had a reggae vibe originally, but the label changed it to a OSC carbon copy.... bands always make the second album like the first and play it safe...i think the 3rd one should be good... i mean they have to decide what they want.... mainsteam MTV kiddie sucess or a real band artistic sucess

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Regardless of other artists' testimonies, and as much as I'd like to believe you, I don't think the outcome of Meteora was in the hands of Mr. Gilmore. They're just changing as they continue on in the music business -- they're getting more creative. As for the explanation for different sounds on off-record tracks, I think that's the point -- they don't want it to sound like typical album material -- they want to shock us to show us that there's more to them than the albums.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

NOOO!!!!

Mr.Gilmore is trying to change LP into a record sales, media freindly, pop-rock band...he succeded with numb. :( (But the lyrics were meaningful I love that song it explains how I feel).

I hope it never happens again.
    You can't say LP are becoming worse ("crumbling up") but the projects they're doing without him are amazing so if we just get rid of him "it can be perfect again"! :p