The ""Truth"" about Marilyn Manson

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Maëlle is right (as well as others, too). The more you oppose Manson, the more people will be curious as to all the hype. I know I was. I was interested to see just WHAT WAS the worst Manson had done. Know what was the worse I've found him to do? Absolutely nothing. Manson stands on his own, he is in there to "shock" the world, he "shocks" the world because he is an entertainer.

People don't seem to understand entertainment. I am highly entertained when listening to Manson's music and a lot of others as well. What I don't get is why people take it seriously. Some artists want to be serious, because yes, music is an act of self-expression, but you fail to realize the difference. If you cannot realize when an artist is doing what he is known for and being serious, then you have NO right to say anything.

People blame people like Manson for everything because they do not want to accept the fact their ways haven't kept their world "clean." I notice in society, if you ever go against a groups words, you are in fact "evil," or not working towards a "better life." What a bunch of BS.

Here's an idea: Don't like it? Don't listen to it, but don't try and change people's ideas with ignorant statements with no proof. I may not like some of the rap music out there now days talking about bitches and hos, but I am definately not going to say they can't rap about that--why? It's entertainment and there ARE people out there who enjoy listening to it. It's not my style, but I've lived to accept it. Some thick headed people need to get that through and have it stick there instead of whining everytime someone says something they don't like.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

First off, I never said because MM dresses in womens closes hes a violent rapist. When I wrote that last comment I knew that rumor wasn't true. If you actually read what I said I said that it wasn't too unbelievable since I've seen him doing many weird things before. I have a good friend that is a fan of MM and I was discussing it with him and he told me all of the rumors that weren't true, basically all of them listed on that page.

I know absolutely nothing about MM and reading that article I wasn't interested in putting a stop to him as much as I was just reading about what he's like, since I always thought he looked like a freak, and automatically reading that article I believed it because I've heard of him doing weird things like that before. Please excuse me if I overreacted a little.

Again, I'm not a religious fanatic...by all means...I just have opinions like everyone else and I still think that he's a freak. But I'll believe what I want and you can believe what you want. Honestly I dont really care if everyone in the world listens to his music. I just dont care for it.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

If you think Manson is a 'freak', I hope you never see some Black Metal bands/fans.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Funny how one reformulate his thoughts to make them look 'softer' when he realizes people don't agree with him :rolleyes:

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

How bout how people reformulate their thoughts when they look into it more?

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I agree, he's just trying to entertain. Some of his music is pretty serious, but people don't try to understand what he is saying, so they automatically think he's possesed or something.

Futuristic

Futuristic Member

I think so many people are blaming MM for Columbine is because he's basically a poster boy for fear. It so much easier to slap his face on the whole incident, then to dig deeper and find the real cause for the shhoting. People balme MM because he's so EASY to blame. He makes a point to look and act different from anyone else. People would rather blame him for the incident than to dig deeper. Sure, MM says things in his songs that some people would consider offensive. And his songs talk about suicide and killing people, but if people take what he says literally, that's their fault. To take the leap from screaming along with the stuff he sings about and then actually doing it is no fault of MM's.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Actually , they were celebrating hitler's birthday when they were doing it..
    Really had nothing to do with Marilyn Manson...

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

It's like this thing with Christians. On the whole I have no problem with them, but when they try to get me to believe what the believe, try to get me to go to church and stuff, then I get pissed. It's like...believe what you want but don't "try and change people's ideas with ignorant statements with no proof." :whistle:

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

How bout how people reformulate their thoughts when they look into it more?[/b][/quote]
    Sorry, but you were the only one reformulating your thoughts to look less 'harsh' (Will I ever find the right word?!), nobody else did.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Sorry, but you were the only one reformulating your thoughts to look less 'harsh' (Will I ever find the right word?!), nobody else did. [/b][/quote]
    ...I certainly wasn't changing my mind when people didn't agree with me, since when I made the statement I was the one disagreeing. I talked with my friend and he told me what the real truth was and so I came back and posted again, but if you think it was because I was trying to be 'less harsh' then ok man. :rolleyes:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

It's like this thing with Christians. On the whole I have no problem with them, but when they try to get me to believe what the believe, try to get me to go to church and stuff, then I get pissed. It's like...believe what you want but don't "try and change people's ideas with ignorant statements with no proof." :whistle: [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, don't try and force your opinions on me. I don't need you trying to shove it down my throught. That's exactly how i feel aobut hardcore religious people.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

...I certainly wasn't changing my mind when people didn't agree with me, since when I made the statement I was the one disagreeing. I talked with my friend and he told me what the real truth was and so I came back and posted again, but if you think it was because I was trying to be 'less harsh' then ok man. :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
    If I believe what you said, you didn't have any idea of what was the truth about MM but yet you attacked us without searching for another opinion. You just read the article and thought ''This man's a freak and they like him. Lets tell them they are sick!''? But when you read other opinions, you thought ''Hmmm, maybe there's more to the subject than I thought. Lets talk to my firend who knows about Manson!''

:rolleyes:

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I share the same thoughts.

Just today in school in religion class my teacher is like:
    "The worst person who steals is a person who steals prayers".(HUH?)

What I'm thinking is that a person who steals billions of dollars and kill in the way is better than a person who doesn't pray???

He said I was going to hell :mellow:

Haha I don't do anything and I'm going to hell yet someone who steals goes to heaven because he prays!!

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

That guy who wrote the article is my God.I have always been a Marilyn Manson hater probalby beacause of the things he does and I had read another article about manson's inhuman behaviour.

FUCK MARILYN MANSON!PUT HIM IN AN IRON MAIDEN(NOT THE BAND BUT THE SPIKED WALL THING)

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Have you read the other people posts?

ITS.NOT.TRUE

Get it?

False. fake. not true. rumours

geezz

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Have you read the other people posts?

ITS.NOT.TRUE

Get it?

False. fake. not true. rumours

geezz [/b][/quote]
    :rolley

I'm not even going to bother.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

My you people are harsher than us! (The MM hater).

Read the topic before you post and if you did and this is your opinion well good luck when UndeadMaster finds you! :lol:

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

whoops I am very sorry I guess I was a bit angry with someone when I posted it.I am really very sorry.I promise I won't post anything like that again

:unsure:

Sorry Guys!!

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Let me first state that I'm not a Marilyn Manson fan. He has a couple of catchy songs, but that's beside the point. Marilyn Manson may be one of the smartest entertainers in music. That man acts, dresses and sings however the hell he wants. He makes this gothic image about himself for entertainment purposes, and it's working damn well for him.

It's sad how people have to make up rumors about successful people. Ever hear the rumor that MM kills animals on stage? Not true. Ever hear that MM has done extremely obscene actions onstage? Totally true. It's how he sells himself to the public. And it obviously works.

How does that make you any less inhuman then you make Manson out to be. Saying you probably hate him, and that you want him dead, isn't exactly a great point to argue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.