'Collision Course' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

HOLY SHIT.

"Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer" sounds amazing!

Holy shit. Best mash on this album.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I agree.

Jigga What?/Faint comes second. I like Phoenix's basslines.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I agree.

Jigga What?/Faint comes second. I like Phoenix's basslines. [/b][/quote]
    Yah i would ahve to agree, i love the way jay rap with the beginning of the faint beat.

OrlandoJNF

OrlandoJNF Banned

they never said that. they said some parts were re-recorded. don't twist their words. [/b][/quote]
    www.crymeariver.com/chill

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

A-friggen-greed.

Big Pimpin'/Papercut still sounds too happy, though.

linkin_sylph

linkin_sylph Well-Known Member

The only songs I think are acceptable are Dirt/lying, numb/encore, and bigpimpin'/papercut. The rest are... below average in my opinion. I think reanimation was done better... I don't like Jay-z at all... IMO the artists from Reanimation would have done a better job. :angry: And I don't know if I want to get the album anymore... Since they're mixed songs, that any dj could have done. Like someone has said, most of the parts didn't seem like they were re-recorded. I only liked the LP parts in most of those songs.. :wth:

I don't think CC is all that great.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

www.crymeariver.com/chill [/b][/quote]
    I am "chill". Is it a crime for people to point out the inaccuracies that others say? I have a link for you; www.dontbeajerk.com/getthefactsstraight

'Reanimation' = Remix album.
    'Collision Course' = Mash-up album.

There's a difference. Those two should not be compared. Look at it individually.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

'Reanimation' = Remix album.
    'Collision Course' = Mash-up album.

There's a difference. Those two should not be compared. Look at it individually. [/b][/quote]
    One problem Mark. Even though is a match-up album, they broke the rule by recreating a new instrumental for Numb. Which goes through the process of a remix. Lying from you also somewhat had a new instrumental. So at a point it can be compared to Reanimation. IF they hadn't done those 2 . Then the album would truly be a match-up.

Mark

One problem Mark. Even though is a match-up album, they broke the rule by recreating a new instrumental for Numb. Which goes through the process of a remix. Lying from you also somewhat had a new instrumental. So at a point it can be compared to Reanimation. IF they hadn't done those 2 . Then the album would truly be a match-up. [/b][/quote]
    That's a technicality. They created a new instrumental for two things and suddenly it's considered a remix album? I think not.

Even if you're going to go down that road, this is a Mash-up (not match) album with a few tweaks, not a remix album.

Shadow

That's a technicality. They created a new instrumental for two things and suddenly it's considered a remix album? I think not.

Even if you're going to go down that road, this is a Mash-up (not match) album with a few tweaks, not a remix album. [/b][/quote]
    You said it yourself it's a technicality. If you read, I said at a "point" it can be compared. And isn't already comparing a match up and a remix technical. The definition of a remix is
    "produce new version of music: to produce a new version of a piece of music by altering the emphasis of the sound and, in pop music, often adding new tracks in place of existing ones"

Isn't that what's done already in Numb/Encore, what is already done in DOYS/LFY? We did get new tracks over the existing ones and we did get alternating parts. So it does fall into the category remix by definition. When it came to truly being a 'matchup' it failed at it unlike Reanimation where it actually stook to saying "this is a remix album" and it was a remix album. This is a blend of a remix album attributes and a matchups. I am sorry to disagree but the fact is there. There is remix in those 2 songs. Not a matchup. I am not saying it's horribly wrong but it was kind of fucked up from LP's [WB] to just tease us with the only 2 songs that actually had new stuff in and when the thing came out, everything was just copy and a paste. With a bit of redone vocals and blending.

I mean LP is known for redefining a term. So why not while at it redefine "match-up" they were pretty close. Instead they went down the regular path of "match-up".

Also even though it's 2 songs, this thing had 6 songs and that's a good shunk . That's about 16% of CC is a remix.

Mark

So by your logic and completely pointless analysis of what a "remix" is, 16% of the album is a remix. That would mean that 84% is not a remix, thus solidifying my response that 'Collision Course' is merely a "mash-up" (damnit, it's "mash", not "match"!) album with a few tweaks to the originals. The guys made this album to be a Mash-up album, with no intent of making it into a remix album. Even then, these "remixes" of the instrumentals are only small portions of the songs themselves, and therefore make the album even less of a "remix album" than what you said.

Comparing an album like this that is hardly a remix album at all to something that is completely 100% a remix album ('Reanimation'), is unfair to 'Collision Course'.

I mean, seriously. Go ahead and call it whatever the hell you want, but comparing the two albums is not meant to happen. I am not going to continue wasting my time on trivialities like this.

Will

Shadow, you're waging a war that you're not going to win. I'd suggest you quit while you're still behind so you at least have a decent chance of finishing in the top ten, rather than 99th out of 90 people.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

So by your logic, any DJ out there could have rerecorded Jay's, Mike's, and Chester's vocals?

Right.

Shadow

My logic? 16% is clearly remix material! yea the rest 84% is a "mash".

Yea it's not intended to be a remix album but why put remix attributes into the those 2 songs? And by my logic I didn't make up that definition , you can go ahead and look it up. When we mean comparing albums, I think you misunderstood one small fact. WE are comparing the "work" put into the album. LP lacked it in Collision Course. While in Reanimation they put all their effort and use their brain for it. The whole concept of Reanimation was to redefine the word "remix" it's obivious they were doing that with this 'mash-up' but for some reason it was like a rollercoaster in collision course. It went from being high to the low. I mean come on , this is linkin park. Yea they at no point 'intent" on saying "Mashup album is going to be a remix album" but fuck no. They put 2 of their most popular songs in Meteora with new beats, new instrumental and a couple of redone vocals. You are telling me that isn't a remix? That they didn't "intent" to do that? That it was an accident they made that instrumental? That some how his hand and his mind accidently put all that into Collision Course?(I know you aren't telling me this but your stating it should n't be compare to the reanimation) Mike is a fucking genius when it comes to producing. It was obivious he made those 2 songs with the purpose of having a remix sound. Even though the goal was a mash-up. So why in the hell if they weren't "intending" to go for that and it was just the mashup sound. Actually have to "remixed" songs? There is no sense to that. If your going to make a mashup. Make a mashup. Don't make 2 songs a remix then the rest real mashups. It completely breaks the balance into what they were doing. I was expecting stuff like DOYS and Numb Encore on the rest of the album. Yet all I found was just regular work any DJ can do with the proper vocals. *even though DOYS and Numb/Encore are remixes they are also mashups, which is why I would of prefer they went down the whole matchup/remix path while they were at it.*

Who the hell said I am waging a war? I am just stating my opinion on this so called "mashup" album. What I am suppose to sit down in a corner and stay hush about it? I can careless what rank I am in. You guys defending Mark in this "argument" is starting to remind me of every other person that sucks up to Anarky in the LPMB everytime she comes to post her argument

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What I fail to understand is that you guys (Mark and Will) completely ripped into Meteora after a few months, because it was 'unoriginal and a Hybrid Theory clone' and yet this album is more unoriginal than Meteora will ever be.

Yes in a quote Mike said in a chat there's absolutely no way they could've made any money off of this, but my question is why do this in the first place? This album had to be the biggest mistake of Linkin Park's career, not only because it is far from original in some parts but because it has cursing left and right! What Linkin Park album contains racist words, bitch, fuck, shit and even c*cksucker? That's right, an album that doesn't have a "retired" rapper spitting lyrics on it!

I would've much rather had them make another Reanimation because, at least then I'd know they would've put half an effort into the 'non-popular' tracks on this album. I listened to Reanimation for the first time in months last night, and I got chills listening to some of the tracks like Krwling and My[Dsmbr and I realized how much work was put into that one CD. I can't say the same about Collision Course. I thought it'd be that way after listening to LFY/DOYS and Numb/Encore and then I was proven wrong.

Chester's a family man, he has a wife and kids and he has spoken out at concerts against girls getting mistreated. He has been known to stop shows just to bitch about a girl getting touched in the wrong place. So why the hell would be allow a rapper that dehumanizes women in his lyrics (Big Pimpin' anyone?) to participate in a Linkin Park record? Beats me.

I would've rather had Eminem, the Beastie Boys, or even Nas on this project because at least they know how to be serious and not rap about bitches and hoes.

Will

No one ever said that it was more original. We just said that it's pointless to compare it to Reanimation because that was a remix album and Collision Course is a mash-up album. Those are two entirely different things and shouldn't be compared to each other.

And the reason they did it is because Jay said he wanted to work with Linkin Park, and this just so happens to be the way that they "worked" together. (Albeit the amount of work was... well, very minimal.)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

As a Target employee, I can tell you that selling the album early is illegal, against company policy and someone might lose their job over putting the CD out before the release date.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I know it's just if you read my review in the "Collision Course Is Awesome" thread, it tells how I expected Papercut's guitars with samples of Big Pimpin's flute. You know..a blend like with LFY/DOYS, but I didn't get it.

That's why I'm disappointed.

Twizted

Twizted Guest

As a Target employee, I can tell you that selling the album early is illegal, against company policy and someone might lose their job over putting the CD out before the release date.[/b][/quote]
    Well thats pretty interesting, especially since this Target had the sign that has the picture and the date of when the newest CD's are going to be released, and one of them was Collision Course and had the date as the 30th. None of the 15-20 cd's were on the end of the isle either, so I guess whoever would pay attention to that kind of stuff may have not looked to closely. Oh well, I bet some people who were waiting for it to be released thought they got lucky..while someone may get fired. lol

Shadow

Yes but it's not entierly a mashup album, reanimation was a complete remix album. This wasn't a complete mash up. Why the heck is it not? I do not know . But I would of prefer a blend of both the remix and mashup in Collision Course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.