Teenage Mother Kills Newborn!

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Evil Angel, Nov 29, 2004.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

In a hypothetical situation, why does she even have a family in the first place? She should be more responsible knowing she can't raise a family but she wasn't and now she has to succumb to selling herself to feed her and her child(ren). What kind of example does that set for them?

Stay in school kids.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Gosh, you make the world sound so safe and peachy. The death or incaptiation of your spouse or losing your job could lead you to a state of destitute. I guess someone should have thought of that before they had went and had kids...

Also, what about the homeless and abused? I guess they should have stayed home and dealt with it...

Well, there's the food bank and other such services, you say. I volunteer at a food bank and they turn down homeless people because they need to have an home address and such info before they can be served.

Again, we're painting a pretty world in which there are such pretty and simple solutions. I mean it sounds like people actually have these logical, no brainer choices to make to avoid such bad situations in your world. It seems like whatever bad situation you're in, its your fault that you didn't see these simple methods of avoiding such bad situations and its your fault your not taking simple solutions to solve your problem. ANd yet...I think reality has a knack for complicating things a bit.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

It is reality. Wake up. I have no time to feel sorry for someone who messed up their life or didn't plan ahead. Homeless people and prostitutes are not on my list of feeling sorry for.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Whoa, you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe there really are people who're going to think being a homeless person or a prostitute as a result of running away from an abusive family you were born into is your fault. Maybe there are people who are going to think that homelessness as a result of the death of a family member or the loss of your job is your fault. Odaton was right...it really is sick.

But anyway, I'm off topic so I'll wait until a more relevant topic comes up to discuss this anymore.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Finally, thank you.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Someone had to end it, right? ;)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Yeah, it was turning into a pointless discussion. It was like arguing over why I like the color black and you going "but you shouldn't like the color black, you should like blue," or something. Some people are just more asshole than others (speaking on behalf of myself).

Madi

Madi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was meant to be replying to Link04, saying that Christians that believe abortion is wrong had evidence from the Bible to support it. Nothing to do with the girl being a Christian. In the end I must have just liked "Add Reply", the LPA server kept on stufffing up on me. It was like my tenth try, sorry.

A similar story to this also happened a few weeks back in Australia where a girl of 17/18 years fell pregant. She denied she was pregant even at 8 months when it was obvious. Nobody did anything about it, including her parents, friends, her ex-boyfriend, neighbours or her school. They completey ignored it. She was in complete denial. She had the child but murdered it straight after. I've been searching for the article on the net but i've had no luck. It was front page of the Herald Sun (Australian Newspaper) almost a month or so ago.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

^ I responded to that post, you may want to take a look.

Madi

Madi Well-Known Member

I quoted Vampire (clearing up the thing about the girl being a christian), not you.

Anyway some Christians against abortion really believe that that's a human and so therefore they can use that commandment to justify why they are against abortions.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Ahh, in that case, Madi, I'm sorry for my post. :D

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Reasons why this is shocking:
    1. It was in Hong Kong.
    2. They can't call it abortion.

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

well i am just gonna add something about something raised here,
    i have been homeless, i havent become a hooker, begged or picked food from bins, i havent got into drugs or selling them, i went homeless as my then boyfriend was in the situation, so i went in with him, and i got us all out without resorting to anythig like above. its called will, self worth and determination, if you have it, i have proved that you can be in it, touch no shit and work situation out for the respectful outcome.
    if i had a child especially then i would not dare become a hooker, if my kid has just got me, how could i endanger my life so bad that they could loose me. you can get killed by some scum, get aids,and other dangers. how could you put yourself in danger like that just to get food for your kids, so they will be eventually left without you completely anyway. great! why not become a person who has friends to be supported by, , get a any shitty job going but still legal and not self degrading,ev entually get educated for better positions and put yourself thru that rather then becoming a hooker to fend for kids that way.
    also there is also adoption, why murder if you can at least give your kid a chance for better life.
    you can feel 'fetus' moving on 16 weeks but they move before then. in uk abortion is allowed till 22 weeks of pregnancy and any nurse working in abortion clinics tell you that they are formed then, so its not true that brain develops at last trimester, first trimester more likely. on 8 weeks you already have spine and cells are already doing their business to become fully functioning brain. doesnt take long, you also have a heart about that time, at 12 weeks it can be already detected. in other countries its allowed to 12 weeks of pregnancy and if you are a victim of rape and other special circumstances abortion is allowed as 22 weeks as in uk.....
    just thought i would answer some issues raised.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

There may be some form of brain, but as you yourself said, it does not develop to the point of functioning in the first trimester. Secondly, the majority, 58% of abortions, take place withing the first 8 WEEKS.

Edit: Unless you have been a homeless, moneyless, single mother with no where to turn, you cannot properly argue against their position, you simply don't know. If you were a mother would you take the chance of an STD or your child dying of starvation? Not everything is as simple as you make it out to be.

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

if you read my post in detail, i have stated that i was homeless, in winter, in eastern capital, -8 degrees, so i bloody well know something about it. and let me also tell you that i am a single mother and i do have to struggle to bring my child on my own and would never turn to being a hooker, if i die my kid will die of starvation unless taken into care anyway, so dont patronize me, being a single mother is a struggle and its as difficult or easy as one makes it.my daughter's father was a crack addict, he would spend the little money there was on drugs so i had to struggle with no money and no food around and the scraps went for my daughter while i didnt eat myself for days and my parents and family are in different country, so not much where to turn to either, i have turned that situation around too, without becoming a hooker either. i am and have been in those situation and talk from my experience. maybe you should take time to read posts you replying to more closely next time before you make your judments. so yes, being a mother i would not endanger my child by loosing the last hope she has which is me who cares for her. there are better ways to provide for her then that and thats is from somebody in all positions you mentioned, so yes i can very well argue my point, have you been there, can you argue its as desperate and unsolvable by respectable means as you argue for? by making their situation seem hopeless and that they have no choice you are actually making people in this sitations victims, vampire voiced his/hers opinion that he/she has no pity for hooker which point i have been trying to come to and he or she got into the 'your so wrong man etc . his or hers attitude is actually more helpful then pity. if somebody pities you and thinks you cannot do any better then where you are lowering yourself into how much are you gonna kick your ass (pardon my french)? if somebody kicks your butt they do you more favour then people pleasers and pity do gooders. you actually empower somebody by telling them the truth in the eye and doing something about it then oh, poor you, you cannot do any better...... how does that help and where does that get you.

plus, 58 % is not a majority, 50% is a half and 8% over 50 doesnt make it majority. 42% abortions that do then happen to beings who are able to think and feel. is still a staggering number, a though, you were once a fetus too. it also could have been you.....anyway i am not advocating abortion or being against it. as i said before i agree with vampire, it all can be prevented at the start (preventing conception at the act)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

iamrighthereandnow, that was an amazing post. Plus, it helps prove my point: you don't need to resort to prostitution. :)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah I know...when people saw the title of this, the SERIOUS thread, they really got serious. :lol:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

And that's why we have threads like this every so often. :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I apologize for your situation, but again, you do not represent every woman that has been homeless. That's just where my personal belief comes in. I think certain people are just dealt a certain deck of cards and happen to play them badly, whether you blame it on lack of foresight, or whatever. Sure there ARE better ways, but for many, prostitution is the quick, immediate money they need.

And how in blue hell is 58% not majority? Your reasoning is flawed. 58% is OVER half..that means it's the majority. And that's only the first 8 weeks, a total of 88% of all women who choose to abort their children have it done in the first trimester. Can you speak on behalf of a fetus? Do you know for a fact it can think?

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

But what is the truth? It varies from person to person, from situation to situation. Kind of like what Link04 was saying-- one person's truth may not be your truth. I agree with you that pity does not empower a person. However, neither does dumping the blame on the person for all their bad fortune. Here is another point in which I agree with you: doing something about it actually helps. Do pitying do-gooders do something about it or do cold-hearted "realists"? Maybe neither are much help if they sit on their arse and self righteously defend their positions quite comfortably in front of their computers without never having so much as given a morsel of food to a homeless person.

One point is absolutely clear. People who actually get out there and do something, people who actually provide the tools to empower another--hence giving this another the tools to empower yet another-- empowers people. And its undenialbe that there is atleast a kernel of sympathy/empathy/compassion that brings someone--a high school student, a regular citizen, a person who's been and done that-- to do something about the things they self-righteously preach. Sometimes, situations really are hopeless until someone--an respectable employer, a food bank, women's shelter, public interest group, etc-- reaches out and in some way gives this person the necessary resources or support to rise out of their destituion. But can we guarantee that this will be the case for everybody?