Possible Confirmation on Chester Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

There's alot of artists that took time from the band and guess what happened? They never came back. [/b][/quote]
    They usually come back, but it just takes awhile. Take Justin Timberlake for example. He's in the studio with N*SYNC. Same with Beyonce, except the Destiny's Child CD is already out.

I think this can only bring good about good things. If LP breaks up, they break up. That's the way things are.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Whatever this will be cool, i guarantee LP would not break. But i would have rather seen em do someting like outkast did. Mike doing an entire album of his stuff and Chester doing a whole album of his stuff. But then releasing it under LP.

Ambient

Ambient Member

There's alot of artists that took time from the band and guess what happened? They never came back. [/b][/quote]

I never said it wasnt possible or that it couldnt happend. Though I hightly doubt that it will happend to them.

I remember reading in a couple of places (If im correct, one was in the news area on this site) about Mike saying that they were gonna take a BRAKE from the studio production of their new cd and work on some of their OWN projects for awhile. Also, I saw a transcript of a LPU chat with Mike saying also that they were gonna take a brake and do their own stuff temperarly. He mentioned him producing some new material for other groups and bands. He also mentioned somthing about Chester. (I wanna say him doing a solo project or maybe him doing colabs but im not totally sure on wich one.)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I'm so excited about this. You have no idea. I really hope this happens. You can't fail with the idea of Chester doing a solo album. You just can't! ^_^

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Unless the album somehow manages to suck. ;)

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

why are people so worried. Chester does solos on the LP albums. e.g BTH.

IMO it will be 12 tracks off songs like that.

OrlandoJNF

OrlandoJNF Banned

they aint gonna break up stop crying.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Unless the album somehow manages to suck. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Sucking depends on opinion. What you might consider to be the worst shit known to man, others might find to be utterly amazing ;).

(For example, to me Beastie Boys are pioneers. But not to you.)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Sucking depends on opinion. What you might consider to be the worst shit known to man, others might find to be utterly amazing ;).

(For example, to me Beastie Boys are pioneers. But not to you.) [/b][/quote]
    Shall I dare mention an ill-fated song called simply, "Macarena."

:lol:

weenie

weenie Well-Known Member

well, didn't the band take some time off after reanimation before coming back together to record meteora? i guess it is sorta good since each band member will be able to have time to experiment with new techniques and styles. i would really suck if this meant that Linkin Park is spliting up. gonna really be hard to say good bye for the fans and for LP.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

People think Linkin Park are gonna split up because of this? You sillies. :p

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't agree with a lot of the posts you make, but I agree with you here.

Think about it, people: Linkin Park is a one-of-a-kind band. The members of the band might as well be related to each other. Even the brothers in Chevelle don't have a relationship as great as the members of Linkin Park. It's going to take a massive (and I mean massive) falling out for them to break up.

Chester going solo is not that falling out.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't agree with a lot of the posts you make, but I agree with you here.

Think about it, people: Linkin Park is a one-of-a-kind band. The members of the band might as well be related to each other. Even the brothers in Chevelle don't have a relationship as great as the members of Linkin Park. It's going to take a massive (and I mean massive) falling out for them to break up.

Chester going solo is not that falling out. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah come on guys, they have spent 90% of the last four years being together non stop, always being around eachother when family couldn't keep them company.

People bond when they are together that often...why do you think after several Mike solo projects and a few ones from Chester and Joe, Linkin Park are still together?

Plus..even though this isnt 100% confirmed, please remember Joe had "King Rat" to direct. The whole waiting till 2006 thing could easily be because of that. (Thanks Will for that point! :lol:)

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

Um, see that would be really awesome if it was, but BTH was written by Mike.. And by solo album, it sounds more like an album where Chester writes and performs his own stuff..

I'm not looking forward to this very much as from all the songs I've heard with just Chester (The Morning After, Grey Daze songs), I'm disappointed with them. The only real song where Chester in a solo song is good is in System... but that was also written by someone else (Jon Davis of Korn)

The Mid 2006 Release of their next album is very disappointing and it better be awesome for that much time! I was expecting something mid 2005, but another year... I really hope they're just over estimating and it comes out earlier.

In the end, I really hope this news post isn't true and the the Sun is as unreliable as people are saying it is :p

Edit: Forgot to add, I *really* doubt that the band will break up. They may take a break and do stuff they like doing here and there, but they won't break up!!

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

hopefully mike will do a solo album ass well :rolleyes:

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

ok i was really dissapointed when i read that but mainy for my selfish reasons. i have not seen them live in concert because they have not come to my state in australia and i was expecting for them to come in 05/early 06 and now i wont end up seeing them until 07 when im 19 and it wont mean as much to me as it would now.

however this break is much needed i couldnt see them pulling of another album so quickly after meteora

i dont think they are going to break up

and about chesters album, it doesnt really bother me at least we will have something while there on a break, im not sure how good it will be sinse i havent heard the grey daze songs

Soulcrasher-X

Soulcrasher-X Well-Known Member

Yeah they dont gonna break up , its just a solo ;) i think its a good idea coz chester can do something new or that he wanted since before but he coulnt made it being in LP , and after that he will come back to LP with new ideas and batteries recharged :D

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

At first I was dissapointed , but now I understand that they wont break up and it's acctually a good thing.

@ lp_dreamer: No more shows until 2007 (w00t)
    I might be able to go then and they wont stop making music

Leeuwnie

Leeuwnie Well-Known Member

I think a solo album from chester will be fucking great!! But first I want the meteora follow-up.. .then he can go make his own record.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Maybe Joe will use this break to make that movie he was going to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.