Dimebag Darrell Shot & Killed

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Dec 9, 2004.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

And it happened on the anniversary of John Lennon's murder too. Kinda suspicious...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wouldn't start unfounded rumours like that. I didn't even know John Lennon died yesterday so I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't know either.

It was more than likely a pissed of Pantera fan. Notice how only Ex-Pantera members were shot and killed. It's been confirmed that Vinnie is dead too, just read it on CNN. I loved his advice columns in Revolver and it makes me sad to know he died as well.

Even though I never really listened to Pantera outside of "Walk", the band will never be the same.

Sludge Factory

Sludge Factory Well-Known Member

I wouldn't start unfounded rumours like that. I didn't even know John Lennon died yesterday so I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't know either.

It was more than likely a pissed of Pantera fan. Notice how only Ex-Pantera members were shot and killed. It's been confirmed that Vinnie is dead too, just read it on CNN. I loved his advice columns in Revolver and it makes me sad to know he died as well.

Even though I never really listened to Pantera outside of "Walk", the band will never be the same. [/b][/quote]
    I read on an official metal site, Vinnie is fine. DBD is the only band member killed. The singer of DP Damageplan is said to have been shot in the leg.

RIP DBD

Ant

Ant Ambient

Even though I never really listened to Pantera outside of "Walk", the band will never be the same. [/b][/quote]
    I think CNN got fed some bad information... Damageplan's confirmed that Vinnie is only in the hospital, not dead (thankfully!).

R.I.P. Dimebag... from what I've heard he was a hell of a guy, and he was obviously an amazing guitarist.

EDIT: My fault, he wasn't even taken to the hospital or shot... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...htclub_shooting

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

"Why did you try to kill Lil' B?"

"He be from the east coast, nugga."

In a situation like this, violence wouldn't make much of a difference. This isn't the Vibe Awards. Either way, I don't think there'd be much left of him after our fellow LPU'ers got through with the sum'bitch.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Dude...omg...Dimebag was such an idol to me, I mean my guitar is modeled to be the same shape as his. And just a couple hours from where I live too. :(

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I wish the shooter was still alive.

If you really wanted to punish the shooter if he was alive, put him in a room with Zakk Wylde, one of Dimebag's best friends.

XeroToHero

XeroToHero Well-Known Member

Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie graduated from the same school that I did...back in the day. I told a friend of mine at 12:30 this morning, he was crushed. I also passed it along to a few metalheads I know....they almost cried.

I didn't really like Pantera until I started listening to Damageplan. This is a true shock to the Metal and Music Communities, one that we'll never forget.

But don't threaten others or come up with 'If This' situations. Find your own way to mourn. Write a song, something, anything besides spread the violence that we saw yesterday.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

NATHAN GALE IS THE LOWEST PIECE OF WASTE THERE IS ON EARTH.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

never was a fan of of pantera, but to have someone have a gun be able to get on stage and shoot a man in front of thousands with security present....thats just too much. RIP Dimebag.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

It's been confirmed that Vinnie is dead too, just read it on CNN. [/b][/quote]
    That was an unfounded rumour too. ;)

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I'd rather worry about metal.

R.I.P. Forever. [/b][/quote]
    What are you talking about.This news is fucking shocking and you are talking about your music?

Disgusting

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't really like Pantera but it's soo sad that shit like this happens, RIP Dimebag :(

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Whoah, holy shit. That's terrible :( R.I.P

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

What are you talking about.This news is fucking shocking and you are talking about your music?

Disgusting [/b][/quote]
    You misread. He fears for metal because of Dimebag's passing, and he says he cares more about the future state of metal because of Darrel's death as opposed to being worried for his life going to concerts.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The worst part, in my opinion, is the fact that the lyrics of rock and metal bands are going to be looked at even closer than they were before. I mean, just yesterday, FOX News Channel was ripping apart the lyrics to a Pantera song and pointing out how it seemed to be "glorifying killing and murder." Juliya from Fuse came on and talked about how the people who actually act on those lyrics are mentally unstable, and that most people use the lyrics and songs of rock and metal bands to get them through rough times...not to kill people and make even more rough times.

R.I.P.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

You misread. He fears for metal because of Dimebag's passing, and he says he cares more about the future state of metal because of Darrel's death as opposed to being worried for his life going to concerts. [/b][/quote]
    oh I am Sorry guys :(

But tell you what he my greatest inspiration.It was his riffs that made me pick up a guitar.And Will I don't think there is going to be much of a debate on Satanic lyrics in Rock and Metal.You don't expect metal bands to sing about lost love while jogging in the rain like Westlife or Boyzone

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

i'm not exactly a fan of Pantera's music but i have to say that this is just....inhumane.

R.I.P

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That was an unfounded rumour too. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but CNN reported this so I had every reason to believe it. Looks like a certain duck needs to read posts a little better. :)

Dad: "This guys nickname was DIMEBAG?!"
    Me: "Yeah."
    Dad: "Do you know what that means?"
    Me: "Yeah its a pot term."

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator