Possible Confirmation on Chester Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

I'd listen to it. [/b][/quote]
    Disagreed.

Chester doing solo album...I guess it's fine, but I hope doesn't go pop. And I hope they don't break up (anything can happen, remember Rage Against The Machine...)

What I'm pissed about is that the new album is coming mid-2006...
    *plays with a loaded gun*

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Ok, guys. Im pretty sure this is confirmed now.

In the LPU 3.0 newsletter Chester is asked by a fan what's in his CD player. His response was "Some New Music that I have been working on"

To me, This means that he has some solo stuff recorded already. What do you guys think of it?

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I don't mind this idea at all. This album could tie us down until LP's next album.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Disagreed.

Chester doing solo album...I guess it's fine, but I hope doesn't go pop. And I hope they don't break up (anything can happen, remember Rage Against The Machine...)

What I'm pissed about is that the new album is coming mid-2006...
    *plays with a loaded gun*
    ... [/b][/quote]
    Casey didn't say he hoped for a pop record - he simply said that if it were to be that way, he'd still listen to it.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I'd listen to it. [/b][/quote]
    I would too, but y'all know I like pop music. I actually was hoping that he might do something like that... I'm curious as to what it would sound like.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Contorary to what you guys think going solo means that the band is bout to split or there might be some lineup changes
    Examples-

Ozzy Osbourne-He left Sabbath and Black Sabbath was never the same again

Bruce Dickinson - He left maiden for his solo career

Chester don't do that please!

Paul

I highly doubt that Linkin Park will break up. As time goes on, I think their relasonship gets stronger. Every interview they do, every show, they are always goofing around.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

So what if thing went sour with other bands -- it's not gonna happen with Linkin Park.

The lead singer of The Get Up Kids has his solo albums but he's still with The Get Up Kids.

I shouldn't even have to provide you examples.

Where is your faith in Linkin Park, everyone? They will not break up because of time off! They're already taking time off as it is, Chester is taking advantage of it by perhaps working on and releasing a solo album.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

So what if thing went sour with other bands -- it's not gonna happen with Linkin Park.

The lead singer of The Get Up Kids has his solo albums but he's still with The Get Up Kids.

I shouldn't even have to provide you examples.

Where is your faith in Linkin Park, everyone? They will not break up because of time off! They're already taking time off as it is, Chester is taking advantage of it by perhaps working on and releasing a solo album. [/b][/quote]
    agreed. The number of people that have gone solo and come back beats the number than have gone solo and left.

Paul

Everybody lost it because of some of the decisions Linkin Park has made for a band.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Everybody lost it because of some of the decisions Linkin Park has made for a band. [/b][/quote]
    Like what? A side project with Jay-Z? If yes, I think it's ridiculous to re-evaluate an entire band's hard work, progress, and talent as a band on one small project that some people didn't like. That's like saying "Oh no, the Lakers lost a game -- I have less faith in them now and don't like them as much." I'm not targetting you, I'm saying this in general.

Paul

Like what? A side project with Jay-Z? If yes, I think it's ridiculous to re-evaluate an entire band's hard work, progress, and talent as a band on one small project that some people didn't like. That's like saying "Oh no, the Lakers lost a game -- I have less faith in them now and don't like them as much." I'm not targetting you, I'm saying this in general. [/b][/quote]
    A lot of people have fled from Linkin Park because of the dissapointing Meteora and how it was a rehash of Hybrid Theory. Others left because of their desicion of releasing a live album after 2 studio albums. Others left because "it's cool" to hate Linkin Park.

I really don't know.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I think people just expect too much from Linkin Park in general. I also agree with the latter post that "it's cool to hate Linkin Park."

Paul

Agreed.

People compare them to other bands and always complain how long it takes Linkin Park to release an album. It is really depressing :lol:

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Agreed.

People compare them to other bands and always complain how long it takes Linkin Park to release an album. It is really depressing :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I'm glad the next album is going to take a long time to come. It won't sound like garbage because it won't be rushed.

Paul

I'm glad the next album is going to take a long time to come. It won't sound like garbage because it won't be rushed. [/b][/quote]
    I don't think Meteora was rushed. I mean, 18 months is a REALLY long time. :lol:

The problem with Meteora was that Linkin Park thought fans wanted it to be line Hybrid Theory. Personally, I wanted a new, creative, fresh sound.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I don't think Meteora was rushed. I mean, 18 months is a REALLY long time. :lol:

The problem with Meteora was that Linkin Park thought fans wanted it to be line Hybrid Theory. Personally, I wanted a new, creative, fresh sound. [/b][/quote]
    I didn't want you to think I thought Meteora was bad or rushed, heh, sorry. I love Meteora. ^_^'

"THE CHEMIST"

"THE CHEMIST" Member

i know i am like the last one to say something about this but Meteora for me was like the yang from the ying, Hybrid Theory, or the other way around. People may have left because of Meteora but i love it. When i hear people tell me that they don't like Linkin Park 'cause it's cool to hate them or because they are not all rock or something like that, i say, " I love Music and if i stick to one genre, I'm missing the rest of what it is Music. I don't hide my love for Linkin Park. I say to those who hate, "I love."

For those that didn't like Meteora, there will be other albums. This is just the beginning 'cause THEY WILL NOT BREAK UP!

As for Chester's solo, I think it's great. A solo sounds great when you are not the only one is the group. A solo just doesn't sound right when you are the only singer in the band. Even though the solo requires the artist to think for themselves, they end up thinking of coming up with stuff that sounds the same as their band.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Beautiful post. I'm with you all the way. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.