Total Romance Live

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Dec 23, 2004.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

My Chemical Romance will be appearing on MTV's "Total Request Live" on January 17. The band is looking for 15 fans to be in the studio during the performance as opposed to "the usual TRL Barbie and Ken dolls." More information can be found here.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

MCR and TRL together? Not sure if I like the sound of that. ;)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

WTF...why TRL? Ugh. I'd go support if it wasn't so dang far from mi casa.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

This is a good thing, people. People will see them on TRL, maybe like them, buy the album, go to Taste of Chaos and become an Underoath fan, read interviews and see that Gerard likes the Dresden Dolls and check them out....

Anyways. I will brave the icky videos to watch MCR on the 17th.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Well, the band IS looking for fans that aren't barbie and ken :lol:

Back before all this Popgirl, Boyband shit, TRL had good music. I.E. Korn, Marilyn Manson, etc... MCR performing on TRL isn't that bad of a thing. I just hope they don't recruit a hundred new little teenies.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I don't want people going to TOC. The pit is all mine. And if/when those Kens and Barbies show up, I'll have no sympathy for them -- I'll crush them. :teehee:

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will, unless they dress up really ugly. :lol:

Anyways, MCR being on TRL will be so awsome. They'll get noticed more, lots of people will start to like them, and they'll become really really popular--hopefully. Maybe they'll get really popular like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte--I would really like that even though I'm sure most of you would hate it.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

im not very familiar with mcr but if they go on trl, their music will become even more mainstream and little teenie bopper girls and metro femme boys will go buy their record without knowing that theyve had music out for sometime now.. i believe mtv wrecks good music.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Does anyone remember when the Used went on TRL for the first time? It didn't change their music at all. All TRL will do will allow their fan base to grow larger. A band can't go unnoticed forever. I think it is a good thing. As long as ticket prices don't go up for shows, I'll be happy.

Chris.

Yeah, I remember that. I'm looking forward to it.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

MTV wrecks the industry. If the music is already bad, MTV will only popularize it.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Not just speaking about TRL here, but Tool & Nine Inch Nails have both been played on MTV before, and (IMO) the quality of their CD's didn't go down at all. If anything it went up for both bands, since Tool got play for Sober, then they created two masterpieces in "Ænema" and "Lateralus", and to an extent, their live album "Salival" was a masterpiece too.

As for NIN, they got play for Closer and to a lesser extent March of the Pigs, and since then, Trent has went out to create The Fragile and one of the best "stripped down" type albums I've heard in "Still".

So yeah, MTV doesn't ruin all bands. I don't think they ruin anything really. I think the bands self-destruct by themselves since they have immense pressure to live up to if they got popular off of one CD, and then have to live up to that the next time around.

Chris.

I completely agree.

Go Casey :lol:

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Agree.

Although, MTV really has a pretty strict border of who and what they'll play and I doubt that'll ever change. Still, I think MTV tries to represent a lot of different genres, just not in equal portions.