9-11-2004: Pentagon

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by TeMpEsT, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Even if all of the rings were damaged, there is still no proof on this planet that a Boeing 747 hit the Pentagon.

It would've had to have been feet off the ground, and no pilot who had only a couple of weeks of training could do that. Also, none of the cars on the highway that it would've passed over were toppled, no signs were toppled, no light poles were toppled, no sonic boom was ever heard. Witnesses all over said they never saw a Boeing, but that they did hear the whine of a fighter jet (I forget which type). Also, there's absolutely no video of a Boeing 747 in the vicinity at all.

Explain that, Snopes. [/b][/quote]
    Boeing 757. The 747 is much bigger.

Boeing 757

Boeing 747

There's a big difference. If it had been a fully-fueled 747, the Pentagon as a whole would have likely been destroyed.

On to the speed. 600MPH+ is 521 knots +. This is far beyond the structural limit speed of a Boeing 757 (Vne/Never Exceed Speed, which for the 757-200 is 459 knots). Speeds above this can cause structural cracks, failures of wing components, etc..., and can overstress the airframe in general. That said, the 757 was not traveling in excess of this speed. If it had been an Airbus, I'd have even more support in this department, as the flight computers will not allow the crew to overspeed, stall (underspeed), overbank, overpitch or in any way exceed the flight envelope. There's a great video floating around of a Eurowings A319-100 doing a 'soft-field' takeoff using the protective systems to enable a max performance (read: WICKED! (w00t) ) climb.

Now to Whimsicality's question: Yes, it would have been possible. The flight profile in question would NOT have been a few feet above ground level (AGL). The aircraft would have descended to somewhere around 1000' AGL, before beginning a dive-bomb attack on a point somewhere in front of the impact zone, before which the plane would slowly (and I stress the slowly, especially at high speeds, when a high-speed stall can be caused by too much pitch input) pull out of its dive (from around 10-15 degrees nose down to approx. 0.5 degrees nose up) and impact the building. Such a hit would produce damage consistent with that seen on 9/11.

Thus ends my big technical-specs-filled rant. Any comments?

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

If you intend to be such a dick, stay in Random Chat.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

If you intend to be such a dick, stay in Random Chat. [/b][/quote]
    "Did you ever know that youre my hero?"

:lol:

TeMpEsT

"Did you ever know that youre my hero?"

:lol:[/b][/quote]
    I want a Nate for Christmas...

:'(

Vampire

Vampire Banned

If you intend to be such a dick, stay in Random Chat. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the flame remark which of course staff supports and let's you get away with.

It's nice to see the childish side of LPA come out on Christmas Eve of all days. I am far from surprised, especially the remarks from staff.

Seriously, some of you make the most stupidest assumptions. Because I said we should leave the subject alone, you assume I don't care about the people who died on 9/11? Right.

I swear, some of you buy anything you see on the internet. Us killing ourselves intentionally? That's just ignorant people who are mad at what happened on 9/11 because the government "couldn't prevent it "so they blame anyone they can...in this case...surprise, the government! To me, that's the people who are pathetic. Whine, whine, whine, that's all we get these days.

My point is: just leave it alone. Why bring it up to just say, "I think this person did it," ? What we should be doing is remembering those who passed away, moving on stronger, rebuilding what was destroyed. Hate to counter hate? I think not. Grow up, some of you, I beg you. The real world will not tolerate children forever.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

So what your basicly saying is that you don't care that the biggest, greatest nation in the world is responsable for the death of more than 4000 people? [/b][/quote]
    america isnt necessarily the biggest, greatest nation in the world :wth:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think Hellflame is trying to say that America is "more powerful" or something. I tend to agree, since, I believe, or army is the strongest in the world. I could be (and probably am) wrong, but oh well.

As for biggest? China (IIRC) has the worlds biggest population. They're so over-crowded, the government only allows one child per house-hold, I think.

Jila

but i mean saying its the greatest nation in the world is a huge over statement.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

most Americans do think the US is the greatest nation in the world, but that comes down to one of two things, or possibly both: stupidity and/or patriotism.

but yeah, it is a huge over-statement.

Jila

yeah i agree. and whats worse is that most people that i meet who say that shit have never been to a foreign country in their life :lol:

TeMpEsT

Thanks for the flame remark which of course staff supports and let's you get away with.

It's nice to see the childish side of LPA come out on Christmas Eve of all days. I am far from surprised, especially the remarks from staff.

Seriously, some of you make the most stupidest assumptions. Because I said we should leave the subject alone, you assume I don't care about the people who died on 9/11? Right.

I swear, some of you buy anything you see on the internet. Us killing ourselves intentionally? That's just ignorant people who are mad at what happened on 9/11 because the government "couldn't prevent it "so they blame anyone they can...in this case...surprise, the government! To me, that's the people who are pathetic. Whine, whine, whine, that's all we get these days.

My point is: just leave it alone. Why bring it up to just say, "I think this person did it," ? What we should be doing is remembering those who passed away, moving on stronger, rebuilding what was destroyed. Hate to counter hate? I think not. Grow up, some of you, I beg you. The real world will not tolerate children forever. [/b][/quote]
    I'm being childish for starting a thread asking for friendly input?

Wait a second, you came in here, obviously aggravated with the subject, and posted a remark (in what you refer) "unbecoming of Christmas time." Don't tread on us when you came in here to start it. If you don't like the topic, don't post. I was curious for people's input on this, and you barrage the thread and other people's opinions. Realize that we have opinions, please respect them. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I'm just saying that you took it too far.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I'm being childish for starting a thread asking for friendly input?

Wait a second, you came in here, obviously aggravated with the subject, and posted a remark (in what you refer) "unbecoming of Christmas time." Don't tread on us when you came in here to start it. If you don't like the topic, don't post. I was curious for people's input on this, and you barrage the thread and other people's opinions. Realize that we have opinions, please respect them. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I'm just saying that you took it too far. [/b][/quote]
    Friendly input? On this kind of subject? You're kidding right? You expected a friendly koombaya chat on this? I'm just so sick and tired of people questioning what happened that day saying that our own government was involved -- it's all speculation and childish mis-finger-pointing. I posted my opinion which is what you asked for. You should have been prepared for the heat.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

What I was saying is in power terms and moneywise America is the biggest and greatest nation as it is the dominanantforce in the world.Sorry if that was a little unclear ^_^'

@Vampire:
    True enough it was an opinion and no one is necessarily saying thats wrong but what we're doing is challenging that opinon.My challenge to you is what I said before,you don't care that the greatest nation (powerwise) is responsable for the death of 4000+ of its own people? Thats how I interpratated it and i think thats how others did aswell.And in my opinon I think if you have that kind of attitude to a form treason in your own country your a very deluded simple minded person.Also if this is a childish thread then how comes we're talking about scienctific research on how the so called plane crashed into the pentagon? If we're being childish then why are we discussing matters that effect the entire world?

Anyway I hope everyone has a very good christmas!

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

My point is: just leave it alone. Why bring it up to just say, "I think this person did it," ? What we should be doing is remembering those who passed away, moving on stronger, rebuilding what was destroyed. Hate to counter hate? I think not. Grow up, some of you, I beg you. The real world will not tolerate children forever. [/b][/quote]
    Childish? Are you fucking kidding me? Youre the one that was banned months and months ago and had to sign up with a different name just to be a royal pain in our asses, Jawknee. Youre fucking 20 years old and you act like a little kid. Dont you dare pull that hypocritical bullshit with me. Youre treading on thin ice as it is so watch it.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Jawknee, if you can't stand the way staff does things here, why the hell do you keep coming back? Do you thrive on being a constant pain in the ass? Seriously, any 20 year old with any sense of maturity would move on and quit being such a nuisance. For a guy who's insulting staff, you went through drastic measures, such as an IP scrambler, to come back again! Although the IPs didn't match, your absolutely despicable attitude towards others was a dead giveaway to who you actually were. You must like the attention.

I'm sick of you, for the dozenth time. You were given chances, constant chances, but you can't seem to leave any of us alone or get along with anyone. Don't come back (although it's fruitless to ask that, of course), and learn some goddamn respect. I'll echo Nate's "Merry Christmas" and add "good riddance" as well.

TeMpEsT; if you make another thread, I'll split this one so that all the fighting is left out and you can have a thread not ruined by a jerk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.