Joel Turner

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by linkin park 101, Dec 31, 2004.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

Joel Turner was first discoverd on Australian Idol in 2003 he did an audition in front of the judges not singing but beat boxing (sounds that you make using your mouth) he then went from their he was signed to a record deal with his band the modern day poets (his brother and cousin both rappers) to make a cd.There first single (these Kids) went gold and has been in the top 5 for along time in Australia.
    CHECK THEM OUT

Joel turner & the Modern Day Poets Website
    check there music out here

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

his beat boxing is awesome but i don't really like his songs B)

Syphon

Syphon Extremely H! Vltg3

I really liked These Kids but i dont like his other song about boxing or whatever. but still he is really amazing its hard to believe that in These Kids the guitar, beats, singing and some of ther rapping is all him.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

It isn't really my type of music, but I do like 'These Kids.'

It does get annoying a little though... it's over played.

Sweet_Misery

Sweet_Misery Member

I like 'These Kids', it's a really good song, his beatboxing is great. However, i really dont like their latest song, the boxing one, i cant remember what its called.

Kylie

Kylie Active Member

yeah, his new one kinda sucks. actually i hate it. It's called knock you out and anthony mundine (the boxer) raps in it. it's pretty bad.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

do you mean repetitive? because i've never heard this in my life... it's pretty cool. their accents are cool.

edit: 'these kids' is extremely corny. it's sad that his friend killed himself, but this sounds like an r&b love song. these guys think they're black. i understand rapping and making hip hop music, but they're totally synthesizing their image as some kids that are 'from the streets.' he looks like my ten-year old cousin, not a gangster. i'd bet he lives in the suburbs.

Jejune

Jejune Active Member

It's not "Us Kids", they're talking about other people. And just because they rap and wear baggy clothes, doesn't mean they think they're black. :wth:
    But I do agree with you when you say you think the song's corny, though I think they have some talent and could be promising.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

there accents may sound funny because there from Australia

These Kids is HUGE in Australia and has had the #8 best selling single of 2004 in Australia. Joel Turner is know as the idol from left field. And was voted the unforgettable idol in 2003

the link to his audition You will have to look on this page for his audition

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Now is the time to say I'm from Australia ...

And that, yes, I like "These Kids", but I haven't really heard the whole of "Knock You Out". Judging by what I have heard, it's not as good as "These Kids". Joel Turner's alright, I reckon.