Meteora Followup Expected To Drop This Year

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Well I doubt it’s a DVD, we already have LIT. It can be good if Don doesn’t do it; Meteora was originally pretty darn good by hearing samples and such before they re-did them and re-did them and re-did them. Plus you have to admit, Mike has been writing some pretty awesome rhymes in very little time for other bands and artists, if he takes the same talent he used for everyone else and spends four months for LP writing the same way we would have another "And One" ending rap verse and other tight songs.

LP has gotten better since Meteora, Chester wrote that one part to Rock and Roll Could Never Hip Hop like This Part 2 song, which was banging. If you gave LP ten months in the studio by themselves with Mike producing, I believe with the talent they have, they could crank a better record than HT. Now if you through Don in the mix to make their songs poppy, watered-down hit makers, then screw it if it’s only ten months.

weenie

weenie Well-Known Member

awesome. can't wait

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's the way I've been looking at it as of recentely.

I mean no matter what way you truly look at it, Meteora was a bitter disappointment for many people including myself. Nobody really noticed this when it was released, but over the test of time the fans started to admit things that they were hestitant to admit before.

For starters, I think we all loved Meteora when it was first released because it was a new Linkin Park CD, and the first collection of "new songs" we had heard in over 3 years. We were hungry for brand new Linkin Park material, so when we got it..because of its slightly (keyword slightly) different sound then Hybrid Theory we got all excited..stopping short of calling in the 'best thing ever'.

Then after a few months, the reality started to set in that Meteora wasn't what we've come to expect from Linkin Park. While that can be good in some cases, this wasn't one of them as Hybrid Theory's followup hardly lived up to the caliber of Linkin Park's past releases. In the quest to create another Hybrid Theory, they went too far and ended up trying 'too hard' to the point it ruined the entire CD.

The problem with Meteora is that it just doesnt have any lyrical skill when compared to any of the other music they have released in the past year. In situations where I used to embrace any of their work through Warner Brothers, I now have found myself only listening to newly released non-album tracks because those songs are the only ones that can impress me anymore. I cant really get any type of feeling from any songs on Meteora now (with the exception of LFY and maybe BTH) and that just goes to show the album was in reality, one of the worst releases of 2003 as hard as it might be for some of us to admit.

Meteora as an album is softer than Hybrid Theory. I didn't see how the hell people were seeing that but after a while I figured it out. Meteora doesnt have that almost..industrial punch that many songs on Hybrid Theory had and most of Meteora is so polished and perfected that it gets to the point they sound pop or like the cliche 'angst' you hear on the radio today. Chester doesnt scream raw like he does on Hybrid Theory (none of the raw screaming from APFMH or By Myself) and instead only really comes close to Hybrid Theory in his moody growls toward the end of Faint.

The lyrics and creativity of the newest tracks/collaborations we've heard put Meteora to shame and it is only for THAT reason that I think their next album could be something special. Mike has shown he's a talented lyricist (he just needs to stop holding back) and Chester showed he can be far less cliche in his lyrics and still sound good.

They owe it to themselves to stop trying to make another Hybrid Theory, and to make an album by themselves (without Don) to test their creativity as artists. Brad has showed he can actually step away from powerchords (i.e. the new guitar parts he does live, and the newly recorded guitars for 'Standing In The Middle'/'Soul My Soul To Your Mama) and it's about time we see what he can really do.

The band has been shown that their fans will stick aside of them even after, some 'filler releases' and I think its about time they stop worrying about being 'accesible' and just be themselves. Catering to radio and coming off as pop is only causing the public to hate them more and they need to see it.

damotherofevil

damotherofevil Well-Known Member

i don't think that they will release in 2005. i always heard that they were talking about BREAK.............hurr..suxxxx

anyway... i just hope

"THE CHEMIST"

"THE CHEMIST" Member

I think it is a DVD 'cause I once heard, and if I'm wrong it's ok 'cause my memory is not too good, that they were going to release a another frat party DVD.

as for the 2005 release, I love LINKIN PARK but I'm ok with it being released later like 2006 or something. I'll live. Either way, LP is gonna be around forever. Sooner or later will get that album.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

did you get this from the LPMB? :p

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

even if i can't wait for their next album, i'd prefer them to take more time for its release.

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

why is it that i've got this funny feeling that evil warner music is trying to use this statement to push LP to put out a new album?

evil corporations and their marketing tactics. argh!

damotherofevil

damotherofevil Well-Known Member

did you get this from the LPMB? :p [/b][/quote]
    [/QUOTE]

??????? what's the point????
    i just heard and saw from some website :unsure:

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

yeah i have the same feeling about it -_-

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

so 2005.... sounds cool to me.

one thing LP shouldnt do is rush things though. they can take all the time they like IMO.

i hope its a cd but somehow i think its something else like a DVD or something along those lines.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

I think that the new material could be a DVD. I am pleased with the idea of a new album, but it would be kinda rushed, and it may not sound that good. I don't know why would be Warner rushing them, though. The initial income would be big, but if the album doesn't sound good, sales will drop, not only for the new album but also all the other LP stuff Warner sells, making not only LP but also Warner lose a lot of money.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

good point - they want a quality album. then sales will be larger and last for longer.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

good point - they want a quality album. then sales will be larger and last for longer. [/b][/quote]
    Yeh but look at Meteora... They took 18 months or something working on stuff for that you can't exactly say it's really good... :mellow:

SoniZero

SoniZero Member

That's the way I've been looking at it as of recentely.

I mean no matter what way you truly look at it, Meteora was a bitter disappointment for many people including myself. Nobody really noticed this when it was released, but over the test of time the fans started to admit things that they were hestitant to admit before.

For starters, I think we all loved Meteora when it was first released because it was a new Linkin Park CD, and the first collection of "new songs" we had heard in over 3 years. We were hungry for brand new Linkin Park material, so when we got it..because of its slightly (keyword slightly) different sound then Hybrid Theory we got all excited..stopping short of calling in the 'best thing ever'.

Then after a few months, the reality started to set in that Meteora wasn't what we've come to expect from Linkin Park. While that can be good in some cases, this wasn't one of them as Hybrid Theory's followup hardly lived up to the caliber of Linkin Park's past releases. In the quest to create another Hybrid Theory, they went too far and ended up trying 'too hard' to the point it ruined the entire CD.

The problem with Meteora is that it just doesnt have any lyrical skill when compared to any of the other music they have released in the past year. In situations where I used to embrace any of their work through Warner Brothers, I now have found myself only listening to newly released non-album tracks because those songs are the only ones that can impress me anymore. I cant really get any type of feeling from any songs on Meteora now (with the exception of LFY and maybe BTH) and that just goes to show the album was in reality, one of the worst releases of 2003 as hard as it might be for some of us to admit.

Meteora as an album is softer than Hybrid Theory. I didn't see how the hell people were seeing that but after a while I figured it out. Meteora doesnt have that almost..industrial punch that many songs on Hybrid Theory had and most of Meteora is so polished and perfected that it gets to the point they sound pop or like the cliche 'angst' you hear on the radio today. Chester doesnt scream raw like he does on Hybrid Theory (none of the raw screaming from APFMH or By Myself) and instead only really comes close to Hybrid Theory in his moody growls toward the end of Faint.

The lyrics and creativity of the newest tracks/collaborations we've heard put Meteora to shame and it is only for THAT reason that I think their next album could be something special. Mike has shown he's a talented lyricist (he just needs to stop holding back) and Chester showed he can be far less cliche in his lyrics and still sound good.

They owe it to themselves to stop trying to make another Hybrid Theory, and to make an album by themselves (without Don) to test their creativity as artists. Brad has showed he can actually step away from powerchords (i.e. the new guitar parts he does live, and the newly recorded guitars for 'Standing In The Middle'/'Soul My Soul To Your Mama) and it's about time we see what he can really do.

The band has been shown that their fans will stick aside of them even after, some 'filler releases' and I think its about time they stop worrying about being 'accesible' and just be themselves. Catering to radio and coming off as pop is only causing the public to hate them more and they need to see it. [/b][/quote]
    This is the singular best post I have read this year. My thoughts exactly...

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait for a 2006 album. I don't want anything rushed.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeh but look at Meteora... They took 18 months or something working on stuff for that you can't exactly say it's really good... :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    It's because they didn't step forward any in their lyrics (and to a lesser extent their actual music), they took a step back and the fans and everyone else noticed that. It's Hybrid Theory Version 2, without as much sales as HT got.

I'm hoping this next album is a real step forward. It's going to take alot to impress me now. Standing in the Middle is just... :angry:. I hope they don't do anything like that. Something about that song just doesn't feel right.

Here's hoping to a 2006 release date and 2 steps forward in the lyrics department.

Derek

It's because they didn't step forward any in their lyrics (and to a lesser extent their actual music), they took a step back and the fans and everyone else noticed that. It's Hybrid Theory Version 2, without as much sales as HT got.

I'm hoping this next album is a real step forward. It's going to take alot to impress me now. Standing in the Middle is just... :angry:. I hope they don't do anything like that. Something about that song just doesn't feel right.

Here's hoping to a 2006 release date and 2 steps forward in the lyrics department. [/b][/quote]
    You hate it because of Motion Man's absolutely annoying and otherwise revolting rap voice.

Trust me, I cant stand Motion's parts either.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

He reminds me of Pharoahe Monch, who I enjoy.

Nah, it's not his voice. I just...the song man. I don't know. It's not Motion Man's voice, but I know for a fact the chorus is fucking dumb.

Derek

Agreed. "WHU-UHT ARE YEW WRRRITIN?"

Its like......mmkay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.