christian bands

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jon[athan], Jan 6, 2005.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

hey i want to know who likes some of the christian metal bands out there, such as demon hunter, zoa, underoath etc. and yes to all you who think if its christian it has to suck it doesnt there are some good bands out there.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

STRYPER.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

All I have to say is that Norma Jean, underoath, and The Cha Cha Cha Chariot are the shit.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

:lol: :lol:

I don't like using the term 'Christian' to describe those bands. Call me a trend follower, whatever, but musical notes can't be converted because they hold no spiritual beliefs and cannot hold them at all. Christians in a band? Yes. Christian bands? No. They don't exist, and never have.

Sorry for driving this off-topic.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

User Name

You must have been really bored, Casey. :lol:

Just to explain my thoughts a little further, you can combine music with spiritually influenced lyrics. Like I said before, it doesn't make you a Christian band because they never existed. As for that link, the poor sods didn't know any better. :lol:

Another thing, most of the bands in the CCM industry are carbon-copy bands of the mainstream, which is a good reason why they were signed. If you want the reasoning behind this, it's becuase the over-protective parents or the kids who don't want to have their 'perfect little Christian bubble' burst, looking for a more positive alternative. Those two groups pretty much drive the CCM Industry.

Kutless for example, started out copying Creed in almost every aspect. Now they're copying everyone else. Pillar, as another example, started out as a limpbizkit copy. The numerous member changes over the years have evolved their music into something completely different.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

lol ya i agree with you i have those cds EXCEPT i need to get the chariots cd

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

01::Norma Jean
    02::underoath
    03::Anberlin (I wouldn't call them metal though)

Faint.09

Faint.09 Well-Known Member

Thousand Foot Krutch.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i listen to lots of christian rock, but my favs are thousand foot krutch, fm static, falling up, skillet, and demon hunter. underoaths pretty good too.

Alacrity

I disagree, Cameron. Not all bands in the "Christian type music" industry are all signed for that reason. Some of the guys in the band, like underoath for example, just love God and love music so they combine the two. And they're not trying to be like any other band out there. It's not the case with all bands at all. I mean, listen to Norma Jean... and you'll get what i mean.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Both Norma Jean and Zao has no Christian influences in their music at all, I don't even see why they're labeled as a "Christian band." Tom Araya from Slayer is religious, but no one considers Slayer a Christian band.

User Name

Which is precisely why I said 'most'. ;) :p

Alacrity

If you read the lyrics of the Norma Jean songs and also look in the booklet for the thanks, you can tell they have Christian influences in their music ;)

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

If you read the lyrics of the Norma Jean songs and also look in the booklet for the thanks, you can tell they have Christian influences in their music ;) [/b][/quote]
    I meant the sound of the music, of course the lyrics adapt their Christian label, it's the only thing that could. :lol:

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

If you read the lyrics of the Norma Jean songs and also look in the booklet for the thanks, you can tell they have Christian influences in their music ;) [/b][/quote]
    I get what Cameron's saying. Just because Norma Jean has Christian influences in her lyrics doesn't make her "Christian Rock". I get what Cameron means it's not "christian music". The lyrics may be "christian" but the music itself is still "rock". I think "Christian" music is hymns and gregorian chants. People thought Creed was a Christian band but they thoroughly denied it.

Hardcore Christians think rock is bad no matter what. That even if you attach the lord's name to it doesn't make it good. And personally... I think Christian Rock is a little cheesy. It's one subject, so it doesn't seem that broad to me. It's like but-kissing music (that's just my narrow view, I haven't heard a lot of it) and seems a little easy to make lyrical. Again, that's just from what I've heard. I like some but I couldn't go buy it.

So yeah I think there's Christian-influenced rock. But not really a Christian branch of rock like Alt, Metal, Emo etc.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

P.O.D

i think thats one

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

they're like, Rastafarian.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

They used to be. Not so much now. They still have a couple of songs where you can clearly see it but it's mostly an underlying thing in the lyrics. They mostly refer to God as "Jah" in their lyrics. Though that could be confused with "jah" meaning "yes" instead of "Jehovah".

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

I get what Cameron's saying. Just because Norma Jean has Christian influences in her lyrics doesn't make her "Christian Rock". [/b][/quote]
    norma jean is a hardcore band of all guys. ^_^
    just thought you should know in case of future references :lol: