plaster

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thrivana, Jan 6, 2005.

thrivana

thrivana Banned

whats so differnt? sounds exactly the same to me.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No idea, actually Plaster could very well be an unreleased track. All we know is that was the working title of One Step Closer, and numerous fakes have surfaced under the name since. I have what is supposedly the real thing but it sounds the same to me. It was rumored to have been on the hybridtheory.com site, but it could be like And One, they had that on the website as a demo but it was just the EP version, maybe they had OSC on there named as Plaster but it was the same as the final recorded version.

thrivana

thrivana Banned

that would make sence.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually there is a difference between Plaster and One Step Closer. It's just hard to tell, kinda like Now I See (With You). Here are the differences.

Plaster:
    01::Quality
    02::An Extra High-Hat in Drum Beat

(And Just For The Hell Of It)
    Now I See:
    01::Different Scracthing (Esspically around The Intro. You Have To Listen Closely)
    02::If you do have Now I See make sure that the interlude between Papercut and One Step Closer isn't at the begining.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Um, you mean with Plaster not having the interlude? Personally I think that the ringing noise is the intro to OSC, and they cut Papercut over the intro. Cuz I've never heard a "Plaster" that didn't have that in the intro.

Now I See isn't a "demo" really, it's the final recorded version, just before Andy Wallace mixed it. The scratching in the intro is different sounding and the bass in the verses is louder.

And I've never heard this extra hi-hat people talk about in Plaster.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Than you havent heard Plaster. ;) Its from Papercut that blends into OSC.

finaldude14

finaldude14 Well-Known Member

there is no real version of "plaster" and difference like bass and stuff is just from the person who made the fake (I.e. when he recorded OSC with his mic the bass ended up differet)/

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Now I See has these piano-like noises in the verses that are different than the ones in the verses of With You. Also the echoing in the lyrics is different.

About Plaster, I think I may have heard the hi-hat difference in the drums, and also the quality is different (quality can be changed, though). I think the mixing may be different (in Now I See too).
    The thing that worries me, though, is that I've always heard Plaster with that noise at the beginning. Is that just mixing in the album or it is actually a part of the song?