Would you want to know?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Holiday, Dec 9, 2004.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

If i said yes and find out how, id try to avoid it and then maybe you'll never know, i could become like the prince in prince of persia and run away from the dahaka because i changed my timeline. :lol:

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You can't avoid it, even if you knew it. When it's your time, it's your time.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

Cool topic! I would hate to know when I was going to die incase they got the dates wrong or something, you could live your whole life thinking that you knew when and how you were going to die then that date came and it just didn't happen.. how would you cope with that! Also imagine if the way you died was wrong- you could spend your whole life avoiding something because you thought you were going to die from it then you might die from something else and you would have missed experiencing something and there would be no gettign it back...ever.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

that is true. that is why i dont think it would hurt to know.

@bustedsuck88: it is kinda the story of Edipus. his dad found out that he was gonna kill him and marry his mother so they sent him away(as a baby) to be killed. he was disscovered and taken care of by another family, he eventually found out his prophacy and went away from his "parents" so he wouldnt hurt them. he ended up killing the king (his dad) and marrying the queen (his mom). so no matter what you do to change it, everything will always come back to your destiny no matter how hard you try not to. (if you believe in that sort of thing)

just something to chew on :p

does everyone know that story of Edipus? (sp) (im no good w/ those greek names)

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

I would rather not think about that :lol:

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

No , not really .. but even if i did want to know i wouldnt do anything to prevent my death anyway , cant mess with fate :p

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yes. I would be thankfull if i knew when im going to die. Then id do whatever i wanted to do, because i want alot of things done.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

as much as i know it would screw up my thinking, for curiosities sake, yes, i would like to know.

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

No. otherwise i'd be thinking always about it and my life would become annoying i guess :wth:

Unforgiver

Unforgiver jogo bonito.

i don't wanna know how, but i would want to know when, so i know what time i am gonna die and before that time i would do everything i haven't done and take advantage of my time left.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

In a way, just because I would be really curious. But, I definitely think that I would not want to know. The reason being, I already think about death enough, and if I were to know when I was gonna die, I'd probably dwell on it until I go insane and commit suicide or something...

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you knew when and how you are going to die, you prolly knew too you're going to die via suicide because of the thought of you dying on that day and that place. Right?

I sound confusing sorry, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Unforgiver

Unforgiver jogo bonito.

If you knew when and how you are going to die, you prolly knew too you're going to die via suicide because of the thought of you dying on that day and that place. Right?

I sound confusing sorry, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. [/b][/quote]
    i understand, that can happen, that you kill yourhelf because you know how you are gonna die.

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

whats the point of living if all you're gonna think of is how you are gonna die. then a murderer should give himself up because he might know he will kill you on that day cos he's gonna know he will be in electric chair for it or die in prison for doing it. it just doesnt make sense to know it. best way is to live to the max whenever the Exit door is gonna open for you.

numbfeeling9

numbfeeling9 Afraid of you

I wouldn't want to know when or how I'd die because it'd just stress me. I'd like to live knowing that I'm gonna die one day but don't know when that will happen. It's like the quote my Cathecism teacher always says, "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow." I'd like to enjoy every precious moment I have, so yeah.

EngiShinnizle

EngiShinnizle Active Member

I don't wanna know...that'll make me feel depressed!!! :mellow:

Haputiku

Haputiku Active Member

I would absolutely NOT like to know. How would it be like to know that you're going to die tomorrow? Or in next year?

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

o hell no, how could someone enjoy its life when he or she knows exactly when he or she is going to die and how. i think i would be in a depession the last 10 years. To only know everyone has to die one day is enough to know for me.