System of a Down: Boom

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Mar 21, 2003.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

This isn't the best song they have as far as the music goes, but out of all their songs, it definatley has the best meaning, an anti-war message. The video is great too.

See The Video Here
    See some facts about the video and war here
    See the lyrics here

The best part of the song is:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i love the song and the video, especially the vid.

it really exploits what's wrong with this war and this world, System Of A Down have really opened the eyes of many people to the many injustices in our societies.

DragonBlade

DragonBlade Well-Known Member

I've heard part of those lyrics before in a SOAD song, but I can't think of what it was...

Aha, found it. I thought it was a specially made new song, but it's on the new album.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Check Fred Durst's lyrics in "What's going on?"(All star tribute)... :chemist:

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

i heard it and i've seen the vid. it's good.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

i like the song, but the video just sickens me due to the fact that i'm pro-war. Makes me wanna do a pro-war version of one of my songs

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

its a sweet song

DragonBlade

Why are you pro war? You are FOR Bush going in and bombing the f*ck out of Iraq for the simple reason that Saddam wouldn't leave his OWN country?

Bush is a stupidass.

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

Why are you pro war? You are FOR Bush going in and bombing the f*ck out of Iraq for the simple reason that Saddam wouldn't leave his OWN country?

Bush is a stupidass. [/b][/quote]
    well said man.......... And did anyone else hear the guy at the Academy awards just F***in bash the hell out of Bush and the War? It was F***in awesome!!!!!

DragonBlade

I'm mainly anti-war for stupid wars. I hate them, we had no buisness controlling whats going on in Iraq. I can see that we are trying to destroy their ability to make war, but bombing the hell out of Baghdad isn't hindering their ability to make war, it's destroying what the Iraqies (Sp) have worked so hard to build, even if Saddam is a #### leader.

I'm anti-conscription as well (Mandatory Draft)
    I think it's stupid to send America's young off to war against thei rwill in a physically demanding job to possibly die, and anothe rmajor war such as WW2 could wipe out an entire generation of America's young men.

I have 2 other reasons I hate the draft as well, but I'd basically just be typing up my entire research essay (I'm doing one on Conscription and how I disagree with it for my English class, and if I don't do it I fail automatically since it's our only assignment for 4th quarter)

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I think some people are forgetting, there was a great chance that Iraq was going to hit the US with Nuclear/Chemical weapons. Would you rather die from getting some f*cked up disease, or see the guy who was planning to do it get killed?

I hope hes dead.

Phantom Duck

By this time, the only ppl i've seen dead are the Iraqi kids nad their moms, as well as the American soldiers. They both follow ordes of idiots who have never been in a war and just want to take over the world...
    And believe me, this idea is the most popular outside the U.S.... :chemist:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

By this time, the only ppl i've seen dead are the Iraqi kids nad their moms, as well as the American soldiers. They both follow ordes of idiots who have never been in a war and just want to take over the world...
    And believe me, this idea is the most popular outside the U.S.... :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    Not to sound like i'm just disregarding your opinion, but you live in Greece, not the US.

Greece isnt involved in this really, only the US and Iraq are mainly involved. Of course you dont think its necessary, but if Iraq were to threaten to Nuke and/or use Chemical warfare against Greece, your opinion would change.

And actually, the US blew up Suddam's house, which is a direct blow, and attempt to take him out.

To be completly honest, i'm not what I always seem to be on here, only my close friends know how I truely think.. :chemist: :chemist:

Phantom Duck

Not to sound like i'm just disregarding your opinion, but you live in Greece, not the US.

Greece isnt involved in this really, only the US and Iraq are mainly involved. Of course you dont think its necessary, but if Iraq were to threaten to Nuke and/or use Chemical warfare against Greece, your opinion would change.

And actually, the US blew up Suddam's house, which is a direct blow, and attempt to take him out.

To be completly honest, i'm not what I always seem to be on here, only my close friends know how I truely think.. :chemist: :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    U think Saddam was home? It's like saying that Bush would go to the Twin Towers after the first one was hit. And, BTW, this does not concern just USA and Iraq, it's a global problem. :chemist:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

U think Saddam was home? It's like saying that Bush would go to the Twin Towers after the first one was hit. And, BTW, this does not concern just USA and Iraq, it's a global problem. :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    I know Suddam wasnt home, but it was a message to him.

And it in-directly affects the whole World.

But it directly affects only the US and Iraq in my opinion.

Phantom Duck

(No need to quote)
    Well, it certainly evolves more countries directly (UK, Turkey, Spain, Portugal etc.), and even more indirectly. What if it all evolves into a 3rd World War? :chemist:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I dont see why it would. Its between the US and Iraq.

And eventually, we'll kick their ass.

Phantom Duck

(I SAID DON'T QUOTE! :p )
    Ok, then good luck at that, just don't keep killing inncent ppl. :chemist:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I agree with the war on the simple fact that we need to get these people who think that just because they're controlling a country that they have the right to kill innocent people out of the countries. We also need to eradicate the possibility of global nuclear warfare.