hot topic

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by linkin park psycho, Jan 23, 2005.

linkin park psycho

linkin park psycho Banned

my hot topic don't have linkin park keychains anymore and damn it i want one.
    sorry but i might get a job there.

art_geek

art_geek Well-Known Member

The manager at our Hot Topic is a very cool guy. I like the shirts and the earrings and since we've had it, we just got it last year, a lot more people are trying to be "rebels" or "goths", to quote my friend. I admit they have some cool stuff....i'm still waiting for them to get an Lacuna Coil shirt...

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

There's no Hot Topic in Holland. But there are similar stores like, 'Britain' and 'Netjes'. I like the clothes there. I'm not going there cause 'I want to look rebelicious', I just like their clothes cause they're so comfortable and they have nice shirts there. And I feel nice when I'm wearing baggy clothes, instead of those tightassed fucked up jeans. I don't care about labels too, in fact, lots of my clothes are made by my mom. She's super in making me clothes :D

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I used to go into Hot Topic all the time, when I was 12-13ish. I went there because it was the only place I could find plaid pands and band shirts. (I was bad at internet shopping at the time). After awhile, I just got bored of it. I still get things there occasionally, I got a humorous South Park shirt there a couple weeks ago. I've gotten earrings there because they were the only place that sold bigger gauges. But I'm just sort of tired of walking in and seeing everything pink and black, blue and black, or some other bright color paired with black.

All the good band shirts are in mens sizes...

For me, it's more fun to buy a pair of jeans at Old Navy for like $6 (god I love their clearance section) than to buy a pair of pants at Hot Topic for $40. Old Navy jeans can be altered and added to, if I feel like I need an exciting pair of pants. Hot Topic pants are difficult because there's already so much stuff on them anyway. (at some point, the bondage pants become ridiculous - no one needs that much stuff hanging off of their legs.)

I still wear my plaid pants all the time, and the shirts I got there. So I have no hate for Hot Topic. But I don't exactly love it.

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

I have few things from HT. Mostly T-shirts. But we don't have HT in Europe :'(

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

Same here... except I don't live on a island. :lol:
    Just live in a small town and Hot Topic's the only place around here that has most of the things I like. I mostly go there for the t-shirts... I also like to buy the band posters they have there, the CDs that I can't find anywhere else, and the other neat things they have.

I don't see anything wrong with HT, I think it's an awsome store. I guess most of you don't like it because of all the posers that go there... lol

There used to be another store (where I live) simular to Hot Topic called "Tees..Me". I think they went out of buisness or something.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I hate the douches who work inside my local Hot Topic.

They think they're gothic because their hair is black, they wear a spiked choker and because they're wearing a Cradle Of Filth t-shirt. And then they make fun of me and my friend(s) when we go in there because I usually have on a NIN or Tool shirt, and my friends are skateboarders.

Ugh. I'd burn that place to the ground if I could. I've never bought anything from there anyways. Too fucking expensive. I order my t-shirts/CD's/vinyl from websites.

Because I'm anti-social like that.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Hot Topic is for mainstream metal and punk.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

shit yeah, the people that work at hot topic are so fucking rude.

you know they actually tell their workers to write down what people are wearing so they can find out what the current trend is. my friend was so pissed when she saw her a crappy version of her boots being sold in hot topic. theyve poorly replicated so many clothes and shoes already its disgusting.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

The Hot Topic here is all cheap. They have the Numb/Encore 12" for like, $6, and I bought some other singles for close to the same price. I would've got them off of UndergroundHipHop.com for like, $7 plus shipping.

The clothes are too expensive though.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

nice band t-shirt's
    some cd's and
    and some stuff i cant get at the other mall...
    and o yea!
    a bumper sticker

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

oh, i bought a bright eyes cd from there and i regret it. when i opened it, the package was broken and they didnt even demagnetize the sensor so when i walked into the bookstore it beeped <_<

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I've actually never been to a Hot Topic. I always mean to go, but I just don't go to the mall alot. I'm not exactly sure what I would buy there, as I don't particularly like wearing band shirts and stuff, other than my American Idiot hoodie. I would like to look around and stuff though, hopefully the employees aren't dumbasses like you guys describe them... :unsure:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

And we have 'Large' :p Thats where i get my stuff.