meteroa

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Chaz86105, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Chaz86105

Chaz86105 Member

when compare with other bands such as slipknot ...is linkinpark still
    the Nu metal band??

seems they become more pop......

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

i think slipknot isn't nu-metal....i never heard anyone rap in slipknot

Birger

Birger Well-Known Member

I like to call LP "electronic alternative-metal with hiphop-influences" B)

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Actually Slipknot are rap-metal, meaning sth harder than nu metal.
    Just listen to Wait And Bleed.
    Nu metal is either rap+punk rock (Limp Bizkit. wee-hee)
    either rap+electronica+metal (L.P., wee-hee x 2)
    :chemist:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

First of all, I wouldn't consider Slipknot to be nu-metal. Second, Meteora is a long way from being pop. My local radio station that mainly plays pop/rap type of music wouldn't play SIB because they considered it to be too hard for their genre.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Slipknot isnt Nu-Metal. I would consider Slipknot pure Metal, or just Heavy Rock.

Linkin Park would be what everyone considers Nu-Metal, not pop.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

My main radio station is the same way...and SIB is one of the mellowest songs on the album...lol. They play In The End a lot, and once in a blue moon you'll hear Crawling.
    SIB is all over my local rock station though :) B)

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

The dreaded word for LP... pop. I still think they are nu-metal. Just listen to the music.

Ryan

My main radio station is the same way...and SIB is one of the mellowest songs on the album...lol. They play In The End a lot, and once in a blue moon you'll hear Crawling.
    SIB is all over my local rock station though :) B) [/b][/quote]
    Yah same hear, they played In The End lots, it was the number 5 song last year, but apparently SIB is too hard. Every time i call in to request just to piss em off cause I know they aren't gonna play, the DJ keeps tellin me, man we had a lot of request for that, so I tell em to play it then and he just says yah whatever. It's pretty retarted how some people classify songs and music, but one thing for sure LP isn't pop.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Yah same hear, they played In The End lots, it was the number 5 song last year, but apparently SIB is too hard. Every time i call in to request just to piss em off cause I know they aren't gonna play, the DJ keeps tellin me, man we had a lot of request for that, so I tell em to play it then and he just says yah whatever. It's pretty retarted how some people classify songs and music, but one thing for sure LP isn't pop. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah...it makes no sense to me how they could not even give the song a chance, when their last album sold 8 mil in the US...But doesn't bother me too much, cause like I said its all over my local rock station.

And In The End was the second most played song in 2002 on my top 40 station ^_^

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Slipknot isn't nu-metal, and niether is LP. You want to hear nu-metal? Listen to Rammstien.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

lol! What a coincidence, I was just fighting with a dude in a Half Life Team Fortress game who said that [LP] was fake poser emo crap.

[LP] is [LP] thats it.

[LINKIN PARK] has no genre, they pave their own path and thats one of the things that makes them awesome. They dont care what ppl think, they do what they want to do.

Ryan

What, Ramstein? Ramstein has got to be the farthest thing from nu-metal. Ramstein is just a pure classic metal band. They ain't nothing like nu-metal. The only thing that makes them different is that they sing in German.

Nu-metal to me is having obviously a really hard rock or metal fused together with hip-hop/electronica type music.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

What, Ramstein? Ramstein has got to be the farthest thing from nu-metal. Ramstein is just a pure classic metal band. They ain't nothing like nu-metal. The only thing that makes them different is that they sing in German.

Nu-metal to me is having obviously a really hard rock or metal fused together with hip-hop/electronica type music. [/b][/quote]
    You obviously have no idea what TRUE nu-metal is then. Yes, Rammstien may sing in German, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Pure classic metal? That's stuff like Metallica, dude. Rammstien sounds nothing like them.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.