Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1200techniques

1200techniques Well-Known Member

Sanity website
    i got an email from Sanity (music store in aus)
    that there's a dvd about LP called Conspiracy theory
    can anyone find out more info about it?

2. Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

It's unofficial.

3. RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/apmusic_...20Linkin%20Park

PHUKET, Thailand -- The lead singer of rap-rock band Linkin Park visited schools and an aid project in southern Thailand, encouraging tourists to return to the area damaged by the Dec. 26 tsunami.

Chester Bennington stopped at two elementary schools and helped paint the side of a house with foreign travelers who are helping rebuild damaged homes and shops along Phuket island's Bang Tao beach.

Phuket has recovered faster than more severely devastated countries such as Indonesia and Sri Lanka, but money is still needed for Thai children - some of whom have lost parents and their homes - and schools where books were lost to the waves, Bennington said Wednesday.

Many shopkeepers are also still trying to reopen and the local economy is sagging because of a lack of tourists, the area's main source of revenue, he said.

"Their entire livelihood depends on tourism and there's no one here," he told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "The hotels are ready for them and it's time to get things back to normal. ... People need to come back to these areas and really spend some money."

Soon after the tsunami lashed Asian and African coastlines, Linkin Park and the American Red Cross helped launch a charity called Music for Relief to provide assistance for people in affected countries. The band made an initial donation of $100,000, according to the MTV.com Web site.

Bennington is planning to present an award at an MTV tsunami benefit concert with pop stars from around the world in the Thai capital Thursday night.

4. Babak

Babak Well-Known Member

$2 of Every LP Underground Membership goes to Music For Relief in February

Join the LP Underground, Linkin Park's Official Fan Organization, during the month of February and help the people affected by the recent tsunami disaster.

For each membership purchased in February, LP Underground will donate $2 to Music for Relief. To read more about the LP Underground, the membership package and benefits, visit LPUnderground.com

Source: LinkinPark.com

5. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

now thats pretty darn cool!

6. RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

its not news...but heres what chester had to say at the MTV asia mtv aid benefit concert.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/hey/story/0,4...6,82347,00.html

Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington set the tone by refusing to discuss anything other than Music For Relief, a fund the rock-rap band set up to help in the tsunami recovery efforts.

To date, Linkin Park has donated US$100,000 ($164,000) to the Red Cross.

He told the press backstage: 'We just want to give back to the people who have given us so much. We have amazing fans in Asia, and when this sort of thing happens, it's second nature to reach out and do all we can.'

Any other subject became almost taboo.

When asked what progress Linkin Park has made on its new album, Bennington replied cautiously: 'The last thing on my mind is making a record. I don't feel like a member of Linkin Park anymore, I feel like a member of Music For Relief.'

And don't even think about asking him what's playing in his iPod.

An obviously uncomfortable Bennington said: 'I don't mean to be rude, but I only want to talk about Music For Relief. This question is too extreme.'

7. numbfeeling9

numbfeeling9 Afraid of you

It does seem quite rude to ask about their progress on their new album when there is pandemonium going on still in Asia. GO CHESTER!

8. numbfeeling9

I got this from the Friday newspaper of Tthe Province...I don't know if it's news but it's go Chester on it. It's about the MTV Asia Aid Benefit Concert.

East meets West at MTV's Asia Aid benefit concert
    Tsunami Relief: Alicia Keys leads all-star international pop lineup

BANGKOK - R&B star Alicia Keys led an array of singers and other international celebrities who entertained an audience of thousands to raise money for tsunami relief work.

The MTV Asia Aid event in Bangkok last night brought together Western musicians and actors from India's Bollywood fil industry to aid relief efforts in countries devastated by the Dec. 26 disaster.

Thailand's own sultry pop singer Tata Young was an early performer on a bill that included India's Asha Bhosle, Good Charlotte from the United States and Taiwan's Jay Chou.

Sting, 50 Cent and Robbie Williams voiced their support in taped messages. The crowd also saw a tape of Ricky Martin touring southern Thailand last week.

Jennifer Lopez gave a performance on video, as did Irish pop star Ronan Keating, which showed him singing and playing guitar last week on Thailand's Phuket island, accompanied by Thai children.

Chester Bennington of rap-rock band Linkin Park, who just returned from visiting Phuket, was among the presenters.

MTV Asia Aid will be availabe free to broadcasters globally to raise money for UNICEF and local charities.

9. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

Linkin park will play in a concer for music for relief

source

10. Babak

Babak Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Phoenix :phoenix:

11. [LinkinPark213]

[LinkinPark213] Well-Known Member

Don't forget Mike's birthday tomorrow February 11th. :mike:

12. RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Linkin park in the top ten for "richest musician of 2004".

http://www.obviousnews.com/stories/obvious...snews-0295.html

13. numbfeeling9

^ that's so cool! :D

14. RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

something u might have realised by now is that linkin park are the only artist in the top 10 that are under the age of 30.
    All the rest are old time artists.

15. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Mike Shinoda working on a solo album?

Source : Here

I don't care what the haters have to say. I have been waiting for this to happen since I heard "It's Going Down."

And as for ?uest to produce, it's better than having Don Gilmore. :lol:

16. RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

honestly, this is the best news ive heard in a while. A lot of people who luv hip hop (including me) wants to see this guy do hes thing as a solo artist.

I hope its true.

17. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

honestly, this is the best news ive heard in a while. A lot of people who luv hip hop (including me) wants to see this guy do hes thing as a solo artist.

I hope its true. [/b][/quote]
    Yess i've been waiting for this so long

probaly all the collabs mike did was for his new album that''z why he doesn't say anything about it in interviews ,
    because when he wass working on 2na's solo album
    he said it , at the other he just said I'm doing some stuff with black thought and common ,without saying the purpose

18. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

cant wait to hear this if its true!

19. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

This isn't really LP news...more like an infulence on LP...I found this on Ultimate-Guitar.com

20. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I saw that on a rerun about 10 minutes ago.

He said him and Green Day may be doing a mash-up. He said something along the lines of "I love Linkin Park, and they just did that album with Jay-Z, so we'll see what happens. Green Day just won a bunch of grammies and I'd love to hear our music mashed-up."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.