A Mike Shinoda Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Amidst on-and-off rumors of a solo album from Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington, MTV.com has mentioned that Mike Shinoda is working on a solo disc as well.

In an MTV interview with The Roots' drummer '?uestlove', it was revealed that he will be working with the Linkin Park emcee on a solo album. There has been no confirmation from Mike as of yet, so please treat this as a rumour.

You may remember this news post where Mike told an interviewer he was working on a unspecified hip-hop project with Black Thought (?uestlove's fellow bandmate in The Roots), Common, and possibly Ice Cube. Black Thought last appeared alongside Linkin Park on "X-Ecutioner Style" from their 2002 remix album release 'Reanimation'.

Source: MTV.com

Thanks to Paul!

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

mark he was on x-ecutioners style not on H! vltg3

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

mark he was on x-ecutioners style not on H! vltg3 [/b][/quote]
    Fixed. :lol:

Mark

Fixed. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Shit. I always mix him and Pharoa (sp?) Monche up. My bad. Thanks.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I think it's more then a rumor when an artist says he's busy with somebody's album , I think people can count on it that the album will be there . But still it has to be confirmed

Mark

Well said. I added that it was a rumour.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I'm telling you people, Linkin Park needs to do what Outkast did. Release a double album, one of Mikes solo work and one of Chesters solo work. I think this would be a great idea, cause Chester could use Rob, Brad and Phoenix as he would most likely need a band to lay down tracks. Then Mike and Joe could lay down an album. Mike will most likely have LP members appearing in his solo work, so they might as well do something like this and release it under Linkin Park. This way it will ease the tension of a possible break-up, which I think would not happen anytime soon anyhow.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I don't think mike will mostly have lp member appearing on his album maybe one track with joe and one with chester , I think you can more expect guest mc's on his album

Ryan

I don't think mike will mostly have lp member appearing on his album maybe one track with joe and one with chester , I think you can more expect guest mc's on his album [/b][/quote]
    I didn't say he would mostly have LP members appearing on his album, I said he would most likely have them appear on the album. Either way I still think the double album thing would be a good idea.

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Man if this is true, awesome!

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I didn't say he would mostly have LP members appearing on his album, I said he would most likely have them appear on the album. Either way I still think the double album thing would be a good idea. [/b][/quote]
    sorry didn't read it wlell ,, and yeah an double alum will be great

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

this rumor appears to have more truth to it than chesters album.. its been confirmed mikes working with these guys.. so that's awesome.. if he does release an album.. i hope it doesnt get any mainstream attention.. maybe a video like they did for x-ecutioners.. but id prefer the underground feel to it.. but i do not like the idea of mike and chester releasing their solo albums together like outkast and putting it under the name linkin park.. i could see it but i dont like the idea.. itd be better for sales obviously.. but i dont like the idea.. whatever mike does will be awesome.. ive always wanted a solo album from him with guest appearances and songs like dedicated on it.. so yeah.. i hope this is true..

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

sounds like mike is going to be busy in the next couple of months (what are the other guys going to do?) i cant wait to hear the outcome of this if there is any truth in it at all.

the idea of a two disc album sounds interesting, i like what outkast did with theirs but some how i dont think LP would be able to pull it off. LP are more of a group than outcast.

Ryan

Yah thats true about LP being more of a group than Outkast. I also never thought of it the way Nickelnine is in that releasing it under LP will give it mainstream staus instantly. But I mean who am I kidding I'm guessing a solo album by mike would be mainstream but there is the possibility that it might not be. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see. My only concern is where are they gonna find the time to write a follow up to Meteora?

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

It's not necessarily that they will need time to write a follow-up to Meteora, but find time to record that album. Whatever they decide to do, I'm sure it'll kick ass.

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

Very interesting, I'm sure the album is going to great, I've liked most of the hip hopy style tracks from LP before. I just can't wait for some new music!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yah thats true about LP being more of a group than Outkast. I also never thought of it the way Nickelnine is in that releasing it under LP will give it mainstream staus instantly. But I mean who am I kidding I'm guessing a solo album by mike would be mainstream but there is the possibility that it might not be. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see. My only concern is where are they gonna find the time to write a follow up to Meteora? [/b][/quote]
    I'm not surprised about this at all, and I support it. The band members really need to do some solo shit, and expand their creative horizons before making another album. Meteora by all respects was a let down, because it showed a band that sacrificed their creative energy, to make what Warner Bros. defined as a "hit record". The lyrics we're bland, the songs we're "pop" (I cant listen to SIB anymore, its TOO happy) and the songs we're formulaic from start to finish. We all know, being hardcore fans of the band, that they can do better and that's why a solo project is a good idea.

Mike has confessed in the past that he 'waters down' his lyrics to fit the 'rock feel' of Linkin Park. Part of this we can probably blame on Don Gilmore, because it was rather clear in parts of the Making Of DVD that don had them rewrite the songs if they weren't enough of a 'hit'.

But yet, you hear the tracks Mike gets to produce on Reanimation and the EP before they became known as Linkin Park and his lyrics are the best he's ever written for the group. Some of the lyrics on Reanimation are amazing, and it just goes to show..Mike needs some room to show his talents.

Mike was a rap producer before he ever added rapping to his credits, and therefore would be a wise choice for a solo album. Mike is extremely skilled at making beats (he did everything on "Enjoy The Silence" except the drums, which he called in Rob to record), and is very capable of producing the artists who will work with him on his solo album.

I think this is going to be great, as Mike has proved himself to be a sick lyricist (he uses some words we've never heard of before :lol:) and would definetely show his doubters that he has true talent.

After all, nobody thinks he'd be good with a solo album, I'd love to see them proved wrong.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I'm not surprised about this at all, and I support it. The band members really need to do some solo shit, and expand their creative horizons before making another album. Meteora by all respects was a let down, because it showed a band that sacrificed their creative energy, to make what Warner Bros. defined as a "hit record". The lyrics we're bland, the songs we're "pop" (I cant listen to SIB anymore, its TOO happy) and the songs we're formulaic from start to finish. We all know, being hardcore fans of the band, that they can do better and that's why a solo project is a good idea.

Mike has confessed in the past that he 'waters down' his lyrics to fit the 'rock feel' of Linkin Park. Part of this we can probably blame on Don Gilmore, because it was rather clear in parts of the Making Of DVD that don had them rewrite the songs if they weren't enough of a 'hit'.

But yet, you hear the tracks Mike gets to produce on Reanimation and the EP before they became known as Linkin Park and his lyrics are the best he's ever written for the group. Some of the lyrics on Reanimation are amazing, and it just goes to show..Mike needs some room to show his talents.

Mike was a rap producer before he ever added rapping to his credits, and therefore would be a wise choice for a solo album. Mike is extremely skilled at making beats (he did everything on "Enjoy The Silence" except the drums, which he called in Rob to record), and is very capable of producing the artists who will work with him on his solo album.

I think this is going to be great, as Mike has proved himself to be a sick lyricist (he uses some words we've never heard of before :lol:) and would definetely show his doubters that he has true talent.

After all, nobody thinks he'd be good with a solo album, I'd love to see them proved wrong. [/b][/quote]
    nice said derek

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Yep, awesome news.

It makes sense that he's working on a solo album. imean if you look at all the artists he's working with like common, ice cube, the roots, and anyone else hed be working with, a solo project seems like a good bet. None of the artists listed above are coming out with any new albums im pretty sure so its only logical to think that theyd be the ones appearing on mikes solo album.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Just imagine the supporting lineup he would have for his album. Can I smell another Jay Z collab coming up soon? :whistle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.