Meteora CD

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Happy Gilmore, Apr 2, 2003.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Okei there are a couple of things weird about the CD. I donnow how many of you hav actually bought the CD and the onse that hav, if you've noticed the weird things:

1st - the songs are hidden somewhere and you can not add them to the playlist in WinAmp :( ????

2nd - When I start my ripping program [Audio Catalyst] refresh the CD list it shows me 14 songs [!!!!!!] from 1 to 12 the songs are OK but the 13th one Numb is smth like 5:30min. long [!?!?!?] and you can't rip it. When you try it goes for some time and then it stops and says there has been an error ?! If you play it - the timer stops at 3:07 [when the song actually finishes and stays like this.

But this is not as strange as the 14th song [which actually pple might think it is a hidden track] This song is called "Data Track" and it's around 24min. long...... But th bad thing is that you can't play it AT ALL ?! :( So i've been wondering if you guys know smth abput all this S*it and if you do pls share here:

[I donno if this has been discussed already - i don't think so - but if it has my bad that i start the topi all over again....]

streetsoldier

streetsoldier Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the 14th track is where they put all information for the enhanced cd..

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

yeah same here, enhanced cd stuff for that 14th track, would be cool if they had a hidden track though. i have yet to try and rip my cd, just dont want to

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Yeah i thought so but the videos and the other stuff is just ON the CD itself in one folder so this track still remains wierd for me..> I don't think it's about the enhanced CD info.....

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

yeah, i was listening to it in my van and then i saw track 14 and freaked out. it was just 25 mins of silence though, i figured it was the enhanced stuff.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Track 14/Data Track is the enhanced CD track.

And you have a shitty CD player if it tries to play the data track

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Amen.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

1st Audio Catalyst is not a CD player

and

2nd i DID try it on purpose to see what will play

You know wut I'm sayyyin'?

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

smart ass :shifty: :whistle:

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Wierd. Reanimation is the same. If you put it in your computer it might say 21 tracks. on mine it does. i bet it's the enhanced stuff.

ZealousDemon

ZealousDemon Well-Known Member

My guess on the extra length of numb...

If you take a look at the back of the CD, you'll see a distinct line circling around the CD. This is the only portion of the CD that is blank.

The middle part (between the line and the hole in the center) is probably the actual music. In order to separate the enhanced CD portion, they probably had to add the separation (the line) to the enhanced CD portion (the part from the line to the edge of the CD). So, that empty spot, i'm guessing, would be approimately the difference of what your ripping program says numb is, and the actual length. It probably just added that black part to the last track for the ehanced CD separation.

Anybody else agree?

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

EXACTLY !! i've noticed this line also !!! :wacko:

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I use musicmatch Jukebox 7.1 to rip my CDs and i didn't notice ANYTHING like that. Everything was normal, but i think it is the n-hanced data. And, dude, the blank portion of the CD has nothing to do with it.
    -If sb wants to add Meteora tracks to his Winamp, they just have to do this directly from WinAmp(add-dir-d:linkinpark). :chemist:

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Nope man it doesn't work ! This was the first think i tryed ...... [you think i'm THAT stupid? - Actually yeah I am :) but i tryed it]

AAAHA!!!!! Gocha!!!! Obvously Phantom Duck has not bought the CD [if he doesn't know that you CAN NOT add the songs to the play list !!!!!!!!!]

*BUSTED* :lol: :shifty: :teehee:

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Nope man it doesn't work ! This was the first think i tryed ...... [you think i'm THAT stupid? - Actually yeah I am :) but i tryed it]

AAAHA!!!!! Gocha!!!! Obvously Phantom Duck has not bought the CD [if he doesn't know that you CAN NOT add the songs to the play list !!!!!!!!!]

*BUSTED* :lol: :shifty: :teehee: [/b][/quote]
    want me to tell u what's on p.45 of the booklet?
    WHAT? NO P.45? OH SH*T! I GOT BUSTED!.
    Let's get serious, why don't u rip th trax and have them onto ur hard disk? :chemist:
    Just don't share them on P2P or Todd will b*tch-slapp u with his ####. :chemist:

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Yeah i hav them on mp3 that's not the prob. :rolleyes: The problem is that i just want to listen it from the CD [which doesn't make any sence why i want to listen in from the CD, while i have them on mp3 ?!?!?! :wth: ] But anyways I was just wondering...... ?!

Will

I can add the tracks to my playlist on Winamp. :)

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Sh*t how ? i can't ....

Will

Sh*t how ? i can't .... [/b][/quote]
    Well, first, make sure your CD is in the drive. Then, in Winamp, open the menu and go to open, and click audio CD.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Well, first, make sure your CD is in the drive. Then, in Winamp, open the menu and go to open, and click audio CD. [/b][/quote]
    Hey u r smart, u know....... :) [but don't get 2 proud :)]