Mike Shinoda Confirms Solo Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I know a lot of people probably won't back me up on this but I'd be excited to see a track with Eminem, I think that'd be pretty sweet. I'm really looking forward to this CD though, it sounds like it's going to be awesome, Mike has a lot of talent and hopefully he lets it shine through on this CD.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yeah, that'd be cool.

But Mike said in the interview he's not going to just go after who's hot in hip-hop. He said it's going to be more of a project with some friends in the underground, and some others who are out there in the mainstream but to the effect of, let's say, 50 Cent.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I'm just scared that he'll mess it up...

cindy_lp

cindy_lp Banned

Sorry to repost, but I want to add to what I said earlier that I'm not a huge fan of hip hop either. However, Mike brings hip hop to LP which is what makes Linkin Park unique. The rap and metal just work with LP. As I mentioned in my other post, I am totally going to support Mike since he is a member of Linkin Park regardless of how big a fan of hip hop I am. I like some hip hop and I've loved all the collaborations LP have done to date. So if you like the Reanimation cd, I don't see how Mikes' solo album will sound much different. Of course, it'll take a bit getting used to hearing Mike only. I'll be waiting to hear Chester jump in or Mr. Hahn and the rest of the band doing their thing. I'll say it again---I'll support anything any of the band members do. With that said, Linkin Park should get their ass in the studio soon and make me another album! lol :)

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah, that'd be cool.

But Mike said in the interview he's not going to just go after who's hot in hip-hop. He said it's going to be more of a project with some friends in the underground, and some others who are out there in the mainstream but to the effect of, let's say, 50 Cent. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, I like how he wants to get underground artists because there are a lot of emcees that are underground that deserve more attention than some of the acts we have out right now like 50 Cent. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like 50 Cent but he's definately in it for the success and just to please the audience so he can make his money. But even though Eminem is a big name, hollywood star, I still believe that Eminem is in it for a lot more than what 50 Cent is and I think he shows real talent and a love for the music. I'm anxiously awaiting a tracklisting.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You're allowed to post more than once in a thread, its just 'double posting' (making another post without allowing for any replies inbetween) that we dont like :).

And yes, I completely agree with your theories.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Keep in mind, Linkin Park CAN record their new record and Mike's solo album. Just look at what System of a Down is doing. ;)

weenie

weenie Well-Known Member

nice, can't wait for that new solo album

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Worst news ever

Link

Link lolwut

Worse then 9/11? :teehee:

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Worse then 9/11? :teehee: [/b][/quote]
    LMAO!

Anyways, this is great news. I LOVE Common!!!! He's the shit. I cant wait for this album, I am gonna be first in line! I hope this album is like a Deftones album, in relation to their unique and ever changing styles. I just hope it wont be too Popish. Wow. I'm too excited to continue..

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Common is the best lyricsist next to Big L (RIP).

Cale.

Cale. Banned

hopefully he doesn't have too many guests or i may not buy it.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Let em just say, mark this day in history as being the best news in Ryans life, in the last couple of months. Yah I know pretty sad life, but this album will totally be worth it. But if LP is supposed to have an album out in the near future and mike is putting out a solo album in the near future i dont see where they are going to find the time. So I'm still thinking of the possibility of the double album form LP on their next release.

Milanthis

Milanthis Active Member

Great news! I really curious about his music and I'm sure it will be amazing! B)

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

undoubtedly, it's an awesome thing.
    it's nice to hear that mike can have his dream come true, as long as he won't dump the band, everything is fine with me.

and i'm gonna buy it to show my support

Link

Link lolwut

You know what sucks hard about all this? Mike's not this kind of person(hopefully), but what if he got all bigheaded and left LP?

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

how do you know mike is not that kind of person.

You should realise by now that he has a lot of fame already with linkin park, and that he never ever got big headed. In fact he's always given the spotlight to chester most of the times.

He's not going to get big headed by doing an underground album.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i honestly cant wait to hear this

2 months is a pretty long time - i wonder how he has been able to keep this undercover for so long? i bet he has some mean raps lined up!

Link

Link lolwut

RX8LP, didn't you pretty much contradict yourself just now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.