Mike Shinoda Confirms Solo Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    lp_sk8ergurl

lp_sk8ergurl Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to buying the solo album.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

Im really looking forward to this as well. If it turns out to be a great stand alone album....I hope Mike brings those creative elements into the next LP album

XxLP_predictable_LPxX

XxLP_predictable_LPxX New Member

I think it's interesting seeing Mike doing something different.
    It won't change the band one bit. (hopefully not)
    Anyways, i'm with hhim all the way.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Ditto. I don't want to see any solo album. I want to see new LP stuff. Hopefully these adventures will improve their music. [/b][/quote]
    "Sick News" is implying that the news is a good thing.

Sold My Soul To Yo Mama

Sold My Soul To Yo Mama Well-Known Member

I think its cool because at least we will get to hear a full length album of something new, but they take too long to make new albums, and then when they do come out with an album its only 35 minutes, im sure the mike shinoda cd will run at least an hour.

linkin_sylph

linkin_sylph Well-Known Member

Wow. I think Mike's solo album is a great idea. I'll definetly have to check it out whenever it's released.

As for a new Linkin Park album, I think they should have one by the end of next year. But solo albums aren't half-bad. Plus, Mike's tres-talented. :D

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

"Sick News" is implying that the news is a good thing. [/b][/quote]
    Haha, some people just aren't up on certain meanings today. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'm amazed at the lack of support for Mike simply because most fans would rather have another Linkin Park album.

My favorite band is The Mars Volta, right? If Cedric Bixler wanted to do a solo record, I'd be fucking stoked about it. Omar already did a solo guitar record, and it didn't effect the band in the slightest, and it's one of the best albums I own.

I think all of us should support Mike. One album isn't going to break up a band, but if it does, so what?

Ryan

Damn straight!!

Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

I can't sleep because of this news.... :mellow:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

That's pretty sad if you don't mind me saying so.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Hopefully Mike stays away from his angsty side he showed in Meteora. ;)

LP2525Holmes

LP2525Holmes Active Member

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

yes it has been posted.

Read the very first post.

cindy_lp

cindy_lp Banned

I've already said I support Mike on this, but I understand where people are coming from. I think everyone DOES support Mike. They're just afraid he'll enjoy doing his own thing and no longer want to be in Linkin Park. An example would be (AND I DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM) NSYNC. Justin Timberlake did his own thing and when the rest of the guys wanted to do another album recently, he said he didn't want to be a part of that group anymore. I personally don't think Mike will leave Linkin Park because I think he loves being in the band. This is just something he's always wanted to do. You said "so what?" if the band breaks up, but I'd say at least 90% if not more of the people here do not want them to break up. I'm sure some people wouldn't care one way or the other, but Linkin Park means a lot to some of the people here (myself included) and I'd hate for them to break up. Like I said though, I don't think they will just because Mike is following his dream of doing this solo project. I think it'd be cool for them all to do something on the side and to follow whatever dreams they have as well. I'd support them all. If Mr. Hahn wants to do paintings and open an art gallery, I'd support him. If Chester does a solo album, I'll buy it. So on and so on. I think we all support Mike, but we fear of the outcome if Mike becomes really big doing his solo album. I think he's already big in Linkin Park, so I don't think we need to worry about Mike leaving LP. :)

Ryan

i assume you mean in terms of sales and all that. Cos most probably the album will sell in the millions just because everyone knows oh hey this is that MC from linkin park. And also most lp fans and hip hop fans are gonna give it a try. Underground albums hardly ever get platinums.

But in terms of what the album should sound like....it should sound underground, if you have a look at mike's love for the undeground, he's previous efforts with xero and that and also including underground artists in the album, i cant imagine it being anything else.

unless mike decides to change hes style totally this will be an underground album. How many times did he say that word in the interview?

The media are the only people thatl try and make this look mainstream. [/b][/quote]
    Yes I did mean that comment to solely mean the the album won't be underground in terms of sales. But yah I gotta agree teh sound will be underground but the sales and promotion for the album will be anything but. Casue I'm guessing you can expect the album to have singles and videos that will get fairly high rotation on Muchmusic and MTV.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I doubt Mike is going to leave Linkin Park, seriously guys. He created the band and the whole fusion idea was his, so why in the hell would he destroy something he created?

If you havent noticed he mentioned Linkin Park fans in the interview. Why would he give a crap about LP's fans if he didnt wanna pursue Linkin Park anymore? Think about it.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

LP is EVERYWHERE these days. It would be STUPID to leave such a promising future for a chance for the same thing all over. It's like getting a job, then quitting to start a business doing the same thing. No matter what happens, you're going to be doing the same sorts of things, but the first bit was more promising. Sure the second thing promises a little more money, but it's senseless.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

LP is EVERYWHERE these days. It would be STUPID to leave such a promising future for a chance for the same thing all over. It's like getting a job, then quitting to start a business doing the same thing. No matter what happens, you're going to be doing the same sorts of things, but the first bit was more promising. Sure the second thing promises a little more money, but it's senseless. [/b][/quote]
    If the second thing would promise more, then it's not so senseless. I mean, you'd have to do the same thing you always did before, but if can aim higher....and you said "the first bit was more promising", but then you said "Sure the second thing promises a little more money"........ so which one is more promising?

There's a lot of factors which would decide the breaking-up of the band, but I guess LP it's not gonna break. I've heard that they're like brothers; if they ever break up, then something really serious must have happened.

20. xero agnostos

xero agnostos Well-Known Member

If the second thing would promise more, then it's not so senseless. I mean, you'd have to do the same thing you always did before, but if can aim higher....and you said "the first bit was more promising", but then you said "Sure the second thing promises a little more money"........ so which one is more promising?

There's a lot of factors which would decide the breaking-up of the band, but I guess LP it's not gonna break. I've heard that they're like brothers; if they ever break up, then something really serious must have happened. [/b][/quote]
    Yea, there's no way they are breaking up. That band putting out less than 5 major label albums would be a crime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.