Serial Killer Motivated by Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

Now, I can't really read all 59 replies right now, so if anyone has said this or proved it wrong... >_<;;

I thought he said in the interview that Metalica, Iron Maiden, and Twisted Sister and those likes influenced him, whereas Linkin Park he just listened to for a feeling of euphoria. He wasn't motivated by them, he just listened to them when he was killing.

That's much less severe a blow to the band. But hell, maybe I have the facts mixed up.

BiLLy_BloggZ

BiLLy_BloggZ Active Member

he said god told him to do it, yet religion will NEVER get the blame

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

Hehe good point, i didnt think of that! lol!..

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Because God doesn't want anyone to kill people, he's supposed to be good. There's always extremists in religions, but that's not the fault of the religion, it's the person that pushes it too far.

And NeoPapercut's point is really good. But still, I fear people are going to get confused and think LP is an evil band and sht like that.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Because God doesn't want anyone to kill people, he's supposed to be good. There's always extremists in religions, but that's not the fault of the religion, it's the person that pushes it too far.

And NeoPapercut's point is really good. But still, I fear people are going to get confused and think LP is an evil band and sht like that. [/b][/quote]
    If you start calling LP an evil bad then what will you call Slayer,Cradle of Filth and other similar bands?

Linkin Park's Worshipper

Linkin Park's Worshipper Banned

Oh my god... I just can't believe this. & Talk about "real life irony", I was listening to "And one" just while I was reading the news... it seemed as if the song was pointing right at that guy!

Forget the song, but ain't this bull*hit??? If a million people can listen to Linkin Park and Metallica, why blame the bands for one or two nut-heads? The bands didn't ask these jerks to listen to them... and listen to MUSIC while taking lives??? Gosh, that's sad, super-pathetic and definitely clowny.

I had a good load of respect for all the Linkin Park fans all over the world, but right now I'm seriously freaked out. The media should have brought out the motives and biography of the killer first. What a stupid media too... highlight a killer's choice of music rather than raise awareness or something? Oooooooofffffff.

I hope the LP band members are not getting a bad time thanks to that moron. Just imagine, two disasters in the same week: first, the trial on trademarks; & now this.

God bless Linkin Park.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

If you start calling LP an evil bad then what will you call Slayer,Cradle of Filth and other similar bands? [/b][/quote]
    I didn't call LP evil. But I fear someone else will.

LP2525Holmes

LP2525Holmes Active Member

If anyone calls LP evil over this that is just wrong. I'm not saying anyone did. But what did they do? Make good music? Just cuz some psycho listened them they are now evil? It's just stupid.

a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

this is stupid. i mean sure linkin park have dark lyrics, but almost all rock bands do to a certain extent, and linkin parks are not violent in any way. i mean if you compare linkin parks lyrics to say some of 50 cents lyrics or slipknots then it's really no comparison and no reason for anyone to say that linkin park caused this.

damotherofevil

damotherofevil Well-Known Member

suck!!! that's B.S.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

i wonder how he'd even imageing of killing with linkin park....
    very odd....
    even i cant think of one....
    and i useally do.... :blink:

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

LP music help ALOT of people, yet they only publisize the morons.
    Everyone else said what I needed to say: This is complete B.S.

Random note:
    Shouldn't he be listening to Korn for a feeling of euphoria?

Keredan

Keredan Member

Here Here. ^_^

Keredan

Keredan Member

I'm surprised that he listened to to bands like Linkin Park. You think 'angrier' bands such as Slipknot or Cradle of Filth would be what that guy listened to. But no, one of the bands he listens to is one of the bands that set out to help people. -_-;;

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

Mabye instead of just saying what a moron this man was- mabye think about the fact that hew could ahve some kind of mental illness- IE had no control over the killings.

On another note a tabloid paper here in the UK jumped on KoRn because Luke Mitchell ( killed his girlfirend when he was 14) said that he liked the song A.D.I.D.A.S and could relate to it! I mean the majority of teenagers think about sex a lot!

BiLLy_BloggZ

BiLLy_BloggZ Active Member

funny how people say linkin park arent to blame on here because there fans of there musi, and are quick to point fingers at other heavier bands or rap artists. more childish fingerpointing

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Yeah, I shouldn't have called him a moron, but if he had a mental illness wouldn't that be the most logical explanation, instead of blaming music and games?

@ BiLLy_BloggZ: I'm not saying this because I like LP, I said the same thing about Marylin Manson when I didn't like his music, but I don't see how music can influence someone to murder people.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

Sorry - i wasn't getting at you personally there- I didn't even realise you called hima morn- it just seemed as though everyone was calling him sick and stuff, a lot of people were probably doing it without even knowing about the case. :)

linkin_sylph

linkin_sylph Well-Known Member

Linkin Park's just a "sorry" excuse. Yeah, go blame others. :rolleyes:

ailuj

ailuj Well-Known Member

yup...... :whistle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.