Greatest Military Mind In History?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Mar 11, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, I think the title speaks for itself. Who do you feel had/has the greatest military mind? I can't really go into much more detail, because I'd confuse myself.

I'm tempted to say Adolf Hitler (don't crucify me yet).

Why, you ask? Well, Hitler managed to occupy and control almost all of Europe, except for the UK and Russia, but more on that later.

If Hitler would have taken out the 200,000+ troops his army encountered at that small town at the very edge of France, the war would have been over right then and there. Another mistake Hitler made was crossing the mountains of Russia to get to Russia. Why was that a bonehead move, you ask? Because Hitler did it in the middle of Winter, and the Russians burned mass amounts of crops that Hitler's army was planning on living off of. The last mistake Hitler made was under-estimating the strength of the UK. He bombed the hell of out them, but they never gave up, and I'm tempted to say all because of Winston Churchill.

But, all things considered, if Hitler would have thought out his invasion of Russia a little better, and a few other things, Hitler could have over-taken the entire world eventually.

I found it really interesting that Japan & Germany were working together to overthrow the US. Japan would have taken the West Coast, while Germany would have taken the East Coast. I'd imagine they'd meet in the middle of the US, and then Hitler would betray Emperor Hirohito, because he has a history of betraying his allies.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Alexander The Great.

The man conquered so much land that it is mind blowing.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

I think it would be between Alexander the Great, Hitler, and Napoleon. Alexander was the biggest in his time. If you compare all the middle east against all of Europe, someone would be tempted to say that he wasn't that good, but at the same time, his death was the only thing that stopped him. As for Napoleon and Hitler, the only thing that differences them is their nationality, the day they were born, and Hitler's unique antisemitism. In everything else they're the same. They both couldn't conquer Britain and they both failed in Russia (Napoleon failed in Spain too), and their ego was what got them killed and their once famous armies betrayed.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I'll agree with Hitler (and I'm Jewish). He was a genius, you can't deny that. However, he used all of his knowledge and power for evil and the best thing he did with his life was blow his fuckin brains out.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

I am gonna have to go with Napolean. His plan was to conquer to world, and he came damn close. But of course Hitler came close....too close :mellow:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I can say that Hitler had a great military even though he was a crazy son of a bitch, (and I'm Jewish too) :p

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Osama bin Laden.

But seriously, I don't really have an opinon in who's the greatest military mind.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

What did he conquer? An airplane...

I'm going to have to go with Hilter, he's a bloodthirsty evil genius.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

One of Hitler's most ingenious plans was signing the non-agression pact with Russia then backstabbing them without notice a few months later. Totally caught them off guard. Stalin didn't even reciprocate with troops for about 8 hours because he thought the attack was unauthorized by Hitler. Hitler totally had him in his back bocket.

Hitler, although a very evil man, intrigues me. He's a fascinating person.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

What did he conquer? An airplane...

I'm going to have to go with Hilter, he's a bloodthirsty evil genius. [/b][/quote]
    Depending on who you ask, bin Laden is a genius for the simple fact that he installed fear into the American people all over again.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Depending on who you ask, bin Laden is a genius for the simple fact that he installed fear into the American people all over again. [/b][/quote]
    :thumbsup:

But ofcourse I wasn't serious saying Osama. :lol:

I'd probably have to say Hitler is the greatest military mind because ... well, you guys said practically everything already.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

fear is the best thing anyone can experiance with fear, u have power....
    besides death...

so id say hitler and THEN osama.
    hitler first because he made a majority of the jewish population of europe into hideing. which is because of fear of death in the eurpope,
    osama then is because he put fear in the US and ALL PEOPLE(well ok most.... :rolleyes: ) and sence he did one country into fear, the more we fear, the more he controls in the back of our minds

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I read a biography on Hitler and even did a report on him for German class a long time ago. My school was shocked I did but his whole lifestyle intriqued me so I read into it.

The biggest problem he had is that once he started making mistakes he almost refused to admit he was wrong, and he never withdrawed troops, if I remember correctely. The man was blood hungry towards the end of his life and his wrong decisions towards the end were what really did him in.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I'd say Gengis Khan.He captured the whole of Asia including India which was quite difficult at that time

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Hello? Autobahn (or however you spell it. Best highway in the world) and Volkswagon ring any bells? He also brought Germany out of unemployment (by building up the army, but that's a completely different subject. The point is he brought his country out of unemployment for the time being.)

Mark

Hello? Autobahn (or however you spell it. Best highway in the world) and Volkswagon ring any bells? He also brought Germany out of unemployment (by building up the army, but that's a completely different subject. The point is he brought his country out of unemployment for the time being.) [/b][/quote]
    Yes, but we're talking militarily. Not economically or socially.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Marshall Edwin Rommel (The Desert Fox)
    General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    General George S. Patton
    General Douglas MacArthur

By the way, Hitler isn't a great military mind at all... It's the men behind him.

Mark

Actually, Hitler often overrided the commands of his generals and ordered things done his way. He's the main reason he conquered almost all of Europe. He secured treaties, and executed his military plans greatly.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Hello? Autobahn (or however you spell it. Best highway in the world) and Volkswagon ring any bells? He also brought Germany out of unemployment (by building up the army, but that's a completely different subject. The point is he brought his country out of unemployment for the time being.) [/b][/quote]
    The man is the one responsible for the deaths of more than 6 million people! Say what you want, but you're trying to polish a dirty, stinky, ugly turd. Maybe he did create Volkswagen and the Autobahn, but if you're trying to make him look like a good person, then you're not gonna succeed at that.

BTW, I wouldn't consider Volkswagen a wonderful thing either. They didn't invent cars or anything, and today, the cars aren't even that great anyways, so creating Volkswagen certainly wasn't a big deal. If you want to start naming people responsible for good car companies, start off with Enzo Ferrari.

Unforgiver

Unforgiver jogo bonito.

Lucio Gutierrez.